TM800 HD is it ok?

That makes sense mate, good idea.
Why not start a thread just for these bugs to be listed.
Then you will see if they really are bugs or some members are just stirring it up.
As one of the first owners and beta testers you would be able to confim or deny these issues as I am sure they can't be all as bad as is being stated.
Just an idea mate.

Then you will see if they really are bugs or some members are just stirring it up.
As one of the first owners and beta testers you would be able to confim or deny these issues as I am sure they can't be all as bad as is being stated.
Just an idea mate.

i have tried m8, but all that happens is the trolls jump on the threads, then it all goes tits up with some saying its crap, others screaming repeat repeat repeat untill the whole thread descends into garbage

if UR team released a list of things they know need work, ill post the list, and close it, then bugs can be reported on their own, and once confirmed by a few other owners, ill add to the list, and edit it once things are sorted

untill we actually know what UR team are aware of and working on, the 'software not ready' answer will soon do more damage than good, and we will keep seeing these same threads again and again

manic01

I am really fedup each time I write something you are connecting me to some one as a sign of your weakness to reply what I asked you.
understood its free forum but also understood and advised by rat and digdud DO NOT REPEAT SAME THINGS ON AND ON
but its becoming your habit to go on repeating same things as you have nothing new.
I think administrator should warn any repeaters and band them

Last edited:
manic01
I might be talking crap in your view as you have not replied to any of my questions
why are you making so many repeat posts saying same things
you are not coming with anything's new so your aim is to rubbish tm800 and compare it with vud+ solo or twin or any other brand.
answer this please
1-In tm800 section is it to compare and rubbish tm800
if so why
2-do you want me to list all problems with other brands of Linux here or in their Owen section
I am sure you can answer these 2 questions
I am not mod/admin but as you said before its free forum.

He wasn't the one who compared it first was he mate.
Now be honest, would you of bought one now knowing it's limitations?
If you wanted to buy a wip stb why would you bother? card reader work ok? a pretty basic req for any stb I would of thought.
They released these stb early for one reason.............
World cup nothing else and Digidude will probably back me up on that.
After WC there is nothing to EPL starts to interest most of us.
Now no company in it's right mind releases a stb due to customer/peer power thats rubbish.
They sold this stb early for cash, and remember cash is KING!
Now thet are reaping the benefit of this poor judgement.
Even if it turns out a great stb the damage is already done.
I think they will be looking towards another stb soon and this wil be left in the wake so to speak? Hope i am wrong.

Rat this is an open forum, Digidude is a close friend of mine but he can't tell me what to post.
This is only my opinion on the TM in response to witchys post.
I have kept out of the debate previously to be fair to TM owners.
On a personal level a couldn't give a f... if it succeeds or fails as I have no vested interest in it.

Who made you in charge of this forum mate?
Are you Richard because you write like him.
Free forum to voice our opinions.
Run back to TM!

Just an idea mate.

As I stated mate, you are not a MOD/ADMIN so go away.
You are the one spouting crap!

I have said nothing disparaging about the TM800 in this thread.
Above is list of my posts in this thread.
Only thing I posted was true.
yes please take the time an list all bugs with all linux models please, it will be nice info and will also waste loads of your time when you could be enjoying your hols or beta testing whatever it is you do?

They released these stb early for one reason.............

You know, I was thinking about this the other day.

The TM800 was promised over a year ago, fair enough the date slipped as often does with any new hardware release. We were then given various dates, all of which slipped away. Due to growing frustration of the buying public and the big cash cow known as the World Cup, Technomate released the box early.

Now my point is, Team UR have obviously gotten their fingers our their arses and started to put some real work into the images, we can all see that the first few images we got our hands on were pretty poor (and still are I suppose), this is many months after release dates for the hardware.

Just when exactly where Technomate actually going to release the hardware once they were 100% happy, if they weren't pressurized into releasing early?

Not this side of Christmas anyway. I reckon it would have been almost 2 years behind schedule.

My post was in regard to the thread starters question, i wasn't puttin down the tm800, i for one would like to see it turn into a great box, as i can get them relatively cheap...read the bit about the price of the vu+ duo being an issue in the original post, i was merely pointing out that it has 2 tuners and hence the price difference...

Fair enough mate, I took your post out of context and I apologise.

:)

1-do you want me to copy all repeat post for same subject to remind you.

Personally, I'd like you to shut up, you're like a broken record. :)

IMO, you either work for Technomate or are a member of UR, you almost certainly have your fingers in the pie somewhere.

I know you'll deny it, but I simply do not believe you.

why dont u split the difference and go for the vu+solo, thats my choice, that i am getting, i have been thinking which hd box, and looked deep into this, and thought should i get a dm800hd clone, or should i get a tm800hd, and then i thought, well both keep getting negatives, so i thought the vu+solo, because there isnt much negative posts around for this box, so i have made my choice vu+solo, look into them m8, only a few pound dearer than tm800hd

I had a look at the Solo too mate, but I reckon you are getting a superior box with the TM800, there are quite a few bits and bobs missing from the Vu Solo that the TM800 has, most crucial IMO is the internal HDD. The Vu Solo does have good support though and will almost certainly become very popular.

Last edited:
witchy:Clap:

manic01:Clap:

gsmtech:Clap:

installer:Clap:
belmando::Clap:

as rat and digidood said :banana:NO REPEATS:banana:

:banana:REPEAT:banana: :banana:REPEAT :banana: :banana:REPEAT :banana:

this points and posts have been repeated over 100 times same boring conversation on and on and on

aren't tired of repeating same thing:Fish::Fish:

answer below please

1-do you want me to copy all repeat post for same subject to remind you.
2-do you want me to carry on comparing same I did for over 50 times in different posts different forums
3-do you want me to bring back full history of same boring posts that all guys written again and gain and gain
for god sake can you talk about tm800 only and stop comparing
4-is this tm800 section or others brands????
5-is this comparison section to downgrade just tm800 or can compare to other Linux boxes???
6-if you really believe that all mighty dream box vud+ and other Linux boxes are perfect then go and read my posts
I have explained and proof my point ..or you want me to copy past in this conversation ???
7-do all of you want full list all the problems with other Linux boxes in this section or in their Owen section.???
can all of you promises not to compare and repeat same thing in different post and different forums for last few month repeats.:banana::banana:

Hi wiz m8
are you having problems with my posts?

regards

yeh but does the tm800 have the audio sync problem like the dm800 clone ?

and i dont think the solo does ?

but i maybe wrong i dont know, thats what is putting me off the tm800hd box, and server and client, whats it like on the tm800 for cccam for server and client,

i havent heard anyone complain anything about the solo yet

if you want a box, to put under the telly, to act as a client, maybe record a few programmes then itll work

if you want a box that will never crash, has a perfect EPG, and will allow you to do everything, they dont exist

ALL linux receivers crash, they always have, and they always will. since hiphop changed, my (original) dm800 greenscreens every monday at 04:00. i know it does it, i cant be arsed to do anything about it, i just reboot it

people are expecting WAY TOO MUCH from the tm800. ok so its anticipated release got everyone excited, then the delays added to how much people wanted it, but at the end of it all, its just like any other linux receiver

theres no point asking 'whats best' or 'what does one do that the other cant' as linux boxes are ALWAYS evolving

go back about 3 years when the dm800 first came out, look at all the problems with that, theres plenty of posts here about them. same with the azbox, cube revo thingys, vu+, EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM

when new images come out, theres problems (dreams new 1.06 firmware i think?? loads of problems on loads of forums)

but thats part of the 'hobby'

if you want a 98% stable box, get sky or virgin, as ANY other receiver you get, will disappoint you

witchy
I am a beta tester for few brands also tm.
I like tm brands because they are very successful in satellite business with the best backup service and over 16 models which 4 models are Linux fallowed by extra 3 models of Linux
so
I can not shut up as few of you guys are rally boring going on and on about same things different posts different forums.
all your conversation ends with dream box and vu+ as being your only reference
but funny thing is talking about non tm in tm section.
you guys just can not wait a bit longer to see the finish end
carry on predicting and making unjustified comments.
I can wait am very happy with my tm800
I will be laughing at few of you very soon when image gets completed very soon.
that will be the time tm will be used as refrence.

I cant see any issues with any of the comments posted so far about the TM800...are any of them false or untrue ?? The sticky with non working fetaures listed is a good idea...potenatial buyers can use this a reference and make up their own mind if in the current state the box meets their requirements or not...

- It's a fact that the majority of features do not work at the minute...
- Also a fact that TM/UR track record with the previous ITGate models TM500/600 with software support is poor...they still have unresolved major issues with CCCAM server functionality and widescreen bugs...
- Also a fact TM consistently fail to deliver when they provide dates..

If someone just wants a box as a client and a PVR they dont need to spend 250 quid on a TM800 theres loads of alternartive and cheaper options... doesnt even have to be Linux... A spiderbox, dm800hd clone, Solomend/Sathawk800hd..will all do cccam client and PVR all are at least 60 -70 quid cheaper....

TM800HD at this point...is one to watch. maybe one for the future...cant say it's in the same league as the competition at the minute...it's early days though...Upto TM to see if they can prove theyre up to it...

witchy
I am a beta tester for few brands also tm.
I like tm brands because they are very successful in satellite business with the best backup service and over 16 models which 4 models are Linux fallowed by extra 3 models of Linux
so
I can not shut up as few of you guys are rally boring going on and on about same things different posts different forums.
all your conversation ends with dream box and vu+ as being your only reference
but funny thing is talking about non tm in tm section.
you guys just can not wait a bit longer to see the finish end
carry on predicting and making unjustified comments.
I can wait am very happy with my tm800
I will be laughing at few of you very soon when image gets completed very soon.
that will be the time tm will be used as refrence.

lol, I've got one half of DW accusing me of being a TM fanboy and the other half accusing me of being a hater!

Your gripe is aimed at the wrong person mate, I'm not one of the people complaining at all, but I have voiced an honest opinion and since it wasn't 100% pro-TM, you have jumped on my case.

I'll let you into a little secret. I look forward to your posts as you seem to have access to information that no one else has. You are part of the reason that I still own my TM800, just as I get fed up with it, you appear and dangle another carrot in front of me. I'm enjoying the carrots, keep them coming. :)

However, I've made no secret of the fact that I will be selling my TM800 on as soon as the images are up to scratch - I might hold on a little longer and watch for 3rd party images being released and have a play with those, but regardless, I will be selling the TM800 and moving on to pastures new, not because I don't like the TM800 but simply because I'm a sad nerd who enjoys tinkering with new bits of kit and even better - it drives the wife wild, lol.

Tell us the truth Satwiz, who are you? I'm not asking you to disclose personal details or anything that may compromise your position, just acknowledge the fact that you are more than an innocent bystander.

We all know you are involved in this project somewhere.

Upto TM to see if they can prove theyre up to it...

up to TM or UR?

with the tm500/600 there is an actual TM image, no cams, no emulators, just like with DMM receivers, and official crappy image that does nothing. ive yet to see a TM800 image like this

TM have created the hardware, some people were a bit worried about heat, TM responded, and the box now runs cold to touch

the latest image is the most stable one so far, showing that the actual hardware Is as good as people have been expecting. so for people to say the tm 800 is bad due to .....whatever, and slating technomate for it, i personally think is slating the wrong people

what people should be saying is that the software doesnt do ..... whatever, which is why i said about a sticky of stuff thet UR team is working on, or any of the 'other' 3 teams who are meant to be releasing images

last year, my local tesco filled their underground tanks wrong, and unleaded was coming out of the diesel pumps. tesco is the 3rd party, yet at first, all their customers blamed their cars when they started conking out

the car was fine, yet something put into it from a 3rd party didnt work as expected, at first, people blamed their car makers, untill it was discovered where the issue was

the receiver is fine, and a solid stable bit of kit, the 3rd party you introduce to it (UR) still needs working on, and this should be where 'issues' are directed

if i was anything to do with TM, id release a standard image to the public, that records and plays back, thats then their bit done. all the 'extras' are nothing to do with them

all the above is just my opinion

what people should be saying is that the software doesnt do ..... whatever, which is why i said about a sticky of stuff thet UR team is working on, or any of the 'other' 3 teams who are meant to be releasing images

Out of interest digi, who are the 3 other teams rumoured to be doing an image??

TM maybe shouldnt have decided to release a rebranded ITGate reciever, unless they were planning on hiring some decent dev teams seperately work on and release images for them. ITGate/URTeam software was poor on their own range of TGM cable recievers that satkings used to "big up"... hardly a decent track record...

DM have a standard image..but behind the scenes hire dev teams to develop for them even though they deny it...which is why their software support is good...

If they had held back release until the software was mature...they would have avoided a lot of criticsm and complaints...poor judgement to release an unfinished product with insufficient software support...

at the moment m8, im looking on them as rumours, so wont commit to naming names, as if nothing comes of it, and i check each of their sites at least twice daily

the gernam HDF team has released a modified version of the latest image, and theres at least one other team that i know 100% is working on something similar, untill source files are available, but over the last month, the TM800 has been growing in popularity in germany very quickly

If they had held back release until the software was mature...they would have avoided a lot of criticsm and complaints

the original publicised release date for the tm800 was march 2010, if tm waited for UR software to be 'ready' before releasing the hardware, itd be a collectors item before getting released lol

Back