Firestick old FW question

silverdale

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
So I have this 4k I bought ages ago I'd say 6 month old. It was on a £25 deal I bought it simply because of the price.
I'm looking at setting it up but I'm wondering,
Will I be able to use the update blocker ?. Only thing is, how do I add the blocker because the stick automatically updates as soon as I add the WiFi details and the blocker wouldn't work.

How do I add blocker before it updates ?

Yeah I'm after loading up the blocker before it tries to update. It's brand new so the moment I add the WiFi details it will go off on one and automatically update so the blocker would be useless.

If I unplug the router coax would I be able connect the WiFi to the stick but no Internet but still be able to talk to the stick with abdlink ?

I'll wait, pulling that coax right now in here would be like releasing the Kraken

You can as long as you registered it with Amazon when you first bought it then you will be able to load to the start screen, it just won't be able to connect to Amazon too load the bloat screen. You should still be able to get to your settings apps etc, and connect to the stick with Flakie or adblink to tranfer the blocker.

I bought it from Argos so it's not registered to anyone right now.

As soon as you plug these in, WiFi pops up then when you add that it goes straight to an auto update.

Its only blocked tduk app which I think will work again as the new updates have broken his app coding and just needs fixing
he says you could not clear amazons apps cache but you can
just do it :D

No idea :) but its a good idea and worth a go.
That doesn't work, the stick asks for the WiFi password but won't connect to the WiFi without an Internet connection
You just get a onscreen message saying cannot connect to Amazon and you can't get off the WiFi signing in page to get say to the home screen.

I thought it might have connected to the routers WiFi but without an Internet connection

There is no option available on firestick to stop auto-updates

Back