The official model number of Technomate's Linux HD: TM-800 HD & optional WiFi!

does anybody know the physical dimensions of the box and are there any internal photos about yet?
Cheers

some places are now showing stock of these, but, everywhere is now stating £249 :(

:grab:
some places are now showing stock of these, but, everywhere is now stating £249 :(

Yea I noticed this .... do you think it's the shops inflating the price because of the interest in it or Technomate giving them the R.R.P..?

Original price's were around the £200 mark ... £250 is a 25% increase bit disappointed tbh ... Might just hold back on the tm800 and wait for the vu solo....

Just my thoughts on it.

Hando

yeh, the place i normally use had them for £230, but today theyre now £249, i phoned and asked, and was told that thats the price TM have instructed them to be sold at. After a few more calls, to distributors etc, it looks like this is the RRP of them. bit of a shame after all the ~£200 talk for months on end, just hope that its worth it

theyre selling here, also with a 30/04 delivery date on it

yeh, the place i normally use had them for £230, but today theyre now £249, i phoned and asked, and was told that thats the price TM have instructed them to be sold at. After a few more calls, to distributors etc, it looks like this is the RRP of them. bit of a shame after all the ~£200 talk for months on end, just hope that its worth it

theyre selling here, also with a 30/04 delivery date on it

I know it's being petty but £230 I could of swallowed but £250 ... I know it's only £20 but I feel that I'm having me trousers pulled down as they say !

Hando

I think £250 is a bit steep for the box at launch i hope that it comes down a bit as have seen that the Vu+ Solo Priced at: £299.00 on pre-order!:proud::proud::proud:

I wonder what support will be like for the TM800, it seems the Vu+ is being welll supported.

If the support aint good from the off, then itll be another spectacular fail, like the original TM9100 was.

released 10 months after the original date given, no images public for it yet, 25% more expensive than originally stated

There are boxes out there, that for only a few quid more, will do more, and boxes out there that for roughly the same price, already have a solid support base

is the TM800HD a lemon before its even launched? the support will have to be outstanding for it to take off

I was all set to buy one, now having second thoughts.
Price is up 25% from price originally stated.
No images yet released?
Release date originally was last June/July and still waiting.
Not even on their website yet?
Sounds very amateurish from TM.
I for one will wait for someone else to be the guinea pig now before parting with me lolly!
Piss up and brewery spring to mind!

Oh well, hopefully the 'bulk buy' VU+ Duo plan will work out.

£250...? Is this for real? I'm more disappointed about the fact that I had been waiting for so long on this and now I get told "You can have one, but it will cost as much as any other Linux HD box and we're not sure that it will be as good yet.."

Damn, might be going back towards my DM800 now and for around £100 cheaper than the TM800 I could get a clone too.

bit more dissapointment for everyone waiting :(

From technomate.com

TM-800 HD Linux
24th April 2010
The TM-800 HD has unfortunately been delayed due to recent events and may therefore take up to another 15 days for release. We apologise for the inconvenience caused.

count me out on this one. can see it been a flop hope im wrong but seen it all before.

count me out on this one. can see it been a flop hope im wrong but seen it all before.

if theres not one under my telly by the 9th may, the funds will be blown on a VU+ Duo instead for my main living room receiver

Back