The official model number of Technomate's Linux HD: TM-800 HD & optional WiFi!

yes, but nowadays they are churnning out sat recievers like theres no tommorrow...and support soon dwindles out for the reciever cos a new one has taken its placel

That's what happens when you buy a machine with closed firmware mate.

Name one Linux machine that has been forgotten, they are all still supported.

Elanvision and Triple Dragon...

Don't expect that coders work for free, that's why DM has Gemini and CCcam, and ITGate/Technomate has URTeam and Hypercam (now works on dreambox also).

Linux is the way to go, but don't expect free lunches from coders... Good support is paid, that's the way it works. Since DBox2 this is not an hobby anymore, this is business.

So let's wait to see what teams ITGate/TM hired, if it's Pli and EDG, I think the receivers will have a good future ahead.

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

System Software:
Linux, Kernel 2.6.12 (Open Source)
Linuxkernel and filesystem with LZMA-compression
Software and Applications upgradeable

In sat scene, good coders don't work for free. If they did, DM didn't had to hire the best, Gemini and Uvadi Team (CCcam).

My advice is to wait and see what teams will support the receiver, if we get EDG, Pli and maybe nabilo, I think the support will be good. If we get urteam and dsteam only, oh well... I think that it will be enough for some users, but not me.

EDG did an awesome job with TM9100 (great skin and bugless), I don't understand why technomate didn't hired them for TM500/TM600. Maybe they learned their lesson, and hire EDG again.

hi guys - do you really think its a good idea to go rushing in and buy or order the tm800hd ?..wouldnt it be better to wait and see what the teething problems its most likely to have ?...as most new boxes that hit the market are gauranteed to have some sort of issues that need to be ironed out. I went and jumped in with both feet and bought a starview hd combo...been told that fixes will be released for the cccam issues that it has..that was about 4 or 5 months ago, i know the Sv is not linux based but i paid £230 for the damm thing...still waiting....ive learnt a very valuable lesson and the saying "a fool and his money are soon parted" comes to mind...my advice is wait for a while...

I agree sound advice dont buy any reciever Linux or otherwise until you've done your research and are confident that it's well supported and has no significant bugs that are going to affect the functionality you expect. Even woth linux recievers support is only going be as good as the teams/community/developers supporting it..

Let some other people buy the recievers 1st and be the Guinea pigs/beta testers and only buy when it's a safe bet that they do what they claim to do..and the software/hardware support is up to scratch...

BTW..Starview support has always been rubbish they are notorious.,.for releasing new recievers in quick succession and conveniently ignoring support for previous models,

it needs to also take a enigma 2 image from the dm800, lots of reason you might ask.
if you connect a dream-box to a windows7 media centre over cat5, you can stream HD and have full control over the DM800.
will a TM800 do this no.

what will you be streaming to you might ask. a XBOX360 you can have 5 connected around the house all over Cat5 and full 1080p plus up scaling from the server. that my 2 pence worth.

i might do a video for you lot on you-tube, of a system fully working .
its the nuts one menu and all tuner working multi recording.

it needs to also take a enigma 2 image from the dm800, lots of reason you might ask.
if you connect a dream-box to a windows7 media centre over cat5, you can stream HD and have full control over the DM800.
will a TM800 do this no.

what will you be streaming to you might ask. a XBOX360 you can have 5 connected around the house all over Cat5 and full 1080p plus up scaling from the server. that my 2 pence worth.

i might do a video for you lot on you-tube, of a system fully working .
its the nuts one menu and all tuner working multi recording.

slow down there pal.
whats this about xbox360's?

I'll wait for the video on YouTube coz I have no idea what he was saying :)

I think he's saying that he has 5 Xbox360's connected to a Dreambox 800, screening video at 1080p over his network, and that cannot be done on the Technomate 800 unless it is running firmware written for the DM800?

:err:

it's not rocket science, link below for the software needed... the only fount end that windows7 can see is a xbox360..... and you need the ultimate version.
what i was saying is the max fount ends you can have is five.. and use the 32bit version as your going to use a few more pluging and the 64bit version of windows7 only allows certified drivers.

w-w-w.dvblogic.com/dreambox.php

DVBLink for Dreambox

DVBLink for Dreambox combines excellent tuner hardware and power of open source development with ease-of-use and richness of Windows MediaCenter user interface. This product seamlessly integrates TV and radio channels, available in Dreambox, into MediaCenter, enabling all standard MediaCenter features for these channels like time-shifting, Guide EPG listings, instant and timer recordings and streaming to extenders.
DVBLink for Dreambox turns your Dreambox into a real MediaCenter!

System requirements:

Windows Vista with TV Pack or Windows 7 (32 and 64 bit)

Dreambox models:
o

DM500x
o

DM56x0
o

DM600
o

DM70x0
o

DM7025
o

DM800
o

DM8000

Only Dreamboxes running PLi, Nabilosat or Gemini images are supported

Supported clients:

Windows Vista with TV Pack or Windows 7 MediaCenter

Windows MediaCenter Extenders

Hardware and software UPNP clients (Sony Playstation 3, Power DVD 9, Nero ShowTime 4 and others)

Features:

Satellite (DVB-S, DVB-S2) and Cable (DVB-C) support

FTA and commercial channels support

HD and SD MPEG-2 and h.264 channels support

Multichannel audio support

Multiple tuner support

Guide a la Carte: per channel selection of EPG information source – dreambox EPG info, xmltv listings or native MediaCenter Guide

Teletext and subtitles support

UPNP Server to stream live TV to UPNP-enabled clients

Easy-to-use Windows MediaCenter channel synchronization wizard

your also need this guide tool program, good for multi tuner installs.....

h t t p://1geek1tool.com/guidetool

Guide Tool is a Windows Media Center guide management application.

Here are the features that Guide Tool provides:

* Local and remote guide management
* Lineup customization backup and restore
* Channel name and number edition
* Restoration of previously edited channel names and numbers
* Modification of channels’ visibility
* Automated subscribing to guide services (manually, by number or by call-sign)
* Tuner merge (by channel number, by call-sign or by guide service)
* DVBLink sources synchronization
* Listing of tuners providing channel’s sources
* Generation of lean MXF file (mostly for debugging purpose)
* More fun stuff to do with your channels

Last edited:
not sure what DVBLink has to do with the TM800 using a DM800 image, it will be based on E2, like the TM600 is an enigma box but doesn't use the DM500 images directly, my TM600 works with DVBLink on the Enigma setting, only tested it once though as all i could find was 20 day trials.

pretty sure all DVBLink needs is a stream coming from box in same format as "Enigma/E2" uses and have the same formatting for channel list/bouquet and sending channel zapping commands.

the point is, dream multimedia don't have the best receivers but they have the best software. that's why everybody wants to use it......

if the dm800 software can be ported onto a tm800, then it will sell 10 time more.
because it works with every thing and is easy to use...

it might be possible you know.
just like dm500/tm500/tm600 images are interchangeable

PS: tonights the night :L)

dude i dont know if we are talking about the same thing but my dbox2 can do that.

and your's is what 10 years old. it dose not have a 100 mbit card so cant stream HD... only 1 tuner fixed and so on....... but was good in its day as they cost nothing to buy... you need over 20mbit to stream HD cable tv on a network a using dreambox ....

i am not banging the dreambox drum, but a clone is cool and if the could port the software onto this tm800, it wound be the nuts as the firmware in a dreambox is the best, but they take the piss with there prices because they can.........

i would buy a tm800 if it ran on pli firmware..

i have a d2box and all the other boxes all over the floor and allways getting into trouble about my stuff and all the cables. i suppose i not the only one.. :)

Last edited:
You should be able to get the following:

sky news
BBC news
CNN
al jazeera news
...and a hell of other channels too! However it's all to be confirmed as no one seems to have had any contact with them as yet!!

thought they were at customs waiting clearance.

thought they were at customs waiting clearance.

yep, theyve cleared for export, and untill heathrow opens for cargo, will remain cleared for export, just like everything else being flown into the country in the last 5 days :(

heathrow will open, then therell be a tornado, comet strike and alien invasion

god i hate waiting lol

Yep. Wizard satellite saying they should have had them yesterday but are still waiting for them to clear customs.

Back