That old Clone 500T BBC, UTV & C4 problem.

no i have a 500t, it is actually MMDS transmitted over cable. the reason is the houses are not high enough to pick up a signal

ur a bit goosed then..
i'd recommend the Evovox TX it costs about 3 times more than your 50euro dreambox but it will get all the channels for ya.

on the down side i would thing the n2 solution will be implemented slower on that than your dream..

and in the mean time the dream has a nice trick up it's sleeve....

Last edited:
paid a little more than 50 euro for my dreambox

n2 solution????????

what nice trick has dream got

n2 = nagra2
trick = cardsharing (dont think it can b discussed here sorry)

sorry mate but No. I have a 500t. As i stated it is mmds transmitted down a cable from a central reciver for the estate. I have documentation from chorus stating it is mmds. There is no mistake here, i have a 500t.

2500 minus 1838 give 662 and thats IF662.
Btw if you are willing to buy 1000 units there are tones of offers.

if using an IF662 downconverter will it need a different Terr file to match the different frequency range, in the current Terr file it does not have a scan option that covers the higher range. I have been trying a downconverter that a mate got off ebay, but cannot get a signal on it, just wondering if we need a different scan range to match it.
We dont know the details of the downconverter, maybe it is not suitable at all, it is a Decathlon Downconverter Model DCI-ID3126. just want to be sure if another Terr file is needed to match the IF662 units..., or not.

@mgb, you added a scan option into the terr file for us, the Blind Scan EU, I have never been able to get that to scan, tried loading it a number of times, but no joy. it does not go into scan mode at all when I select it. just wnated to let you know in case you want to check anything on it...

send a link ginkman and i'll let you know if it works...

why u so hooked up on an automatic scan? sure you can rewrite the terrestrial.xml...

but just do a manual scan and ur away..

the terrestrial.xml is not needed for any dreambox.. it's only a nice way of doing things..

regds
ci

@Ginkman
Did you try the latest terrestrial.xml from the downloads.
I update the file from time to time.
Blind scan should work.

send a link ginkman and i'll let you know if it works...

why u so hooked up on an automatic scan? sure you can rewrite the terrestrial.xml...

but just do a manual scan and ur away..

the terrestrial.xml is not needed for any dreambox.. it's only a nice way of doing things..

regds
ci

http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=160185744613&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=006

I haven't been able to find any info anywhere on these, so I don't know their frequency..

ok,,
what's the LO frequency?

and what transponder do you usually scan on?

i'll give you the setting for manual scan then.

regds ci

@Ginkman
Did you try the latest terrestrial.xml from the downloads.
I update the file from time to time.
Blind scan should work.

back @ mgb

mgb I have downloaded the terr file again, but the blind long scan eu does not work,
just wanted to let y0u know, it doesn't even try to.

can anyone briefly explain how to do a manual scan, I think I am missing something,
I have been trying by just putting in a frequency and scanning but it does not pick up anything on most of the frequencies where I know there are services, it does on some but not on most, do any other settings need to be changed.

The first frequency should be 682mhz. Network scan is not possible. Next 698 and so on.

No, because a downconverter with RF662 is normally not in use.
Only at the begining some blokes got a RF662 downconverter for analogue mmds in ireland. If the subscription still exists such old downconverter were exchanged from chorus.

Last edited:
The first frequency should be 682mhz. Network scan is not possible. Next 698 and so on.

The first freq is actually 674 Mhz,basically every transponder is shifted 440Mhz if using a 662Mhz downconverter instead of a 222Mhz one as used by Chorus.
Just add 440Mhz to every frequency on the Chorus BF scan in the standard terrestrial.xml file.
You can change this in wordpad.
Try this terrestrial file,it should work.

Last edited:
674 mhz is the first digital frequency for frequency scheme B but its nomore in use.
At a downconverter with IF662 the first valid frequency is 682mhz for frequency scheme A and 690mhz for frequency scheme B.

Check also the power inserter.
Minimum voltage is 12v for a chorus downconverter and most of the usa downconverter need minimum 16v.

Back