That old Clone 500T BBC, UTV & C4 problem.

Try 682000 mhz for frequency scheme A or 690000 for frequency scheme B and check if the tuner lock in.

tried that it locks on and gets a few channels maybe the antenna needs to be adjusted slightly as it gets some,what settings should i have for the manual scan,for eg i have the freq 690000,invc ticked the onit network scan and bat all ticked,how come the long range scan doesnt come up it goes straight to the message,all know transponders have been scanned,yet it will search through the chorus transponders it doesnt find anything obviously, but it goes through them it would be great if the long range scan would work

Download the terr.zip once more and try the blind scan again.
Network scan, BAT and ONIT is not working for a downconverter which doesn't match the chorus values.

Last edited:
I uploaded an update 5 minutes ago.
If the blind scan is not working start a manuel scan with 682000 mhz and then in steps of 8000 mhz higher.

Last edited:
Why dont you use the terrestrial file I uploaded on pg 3 of this thread ?
Automatic scan ,it works perfectly.

ok here is the update on the situation in cork i put on fano's terr.xml tried a scan it pulled in all the channels,but the signal will go from 99% down to 10% then after a few mins back down again i have adjusted the aerial it made no difference i'd say the downconverter could be f*cked any ideas

check the power inserter
make sure ur seeing a voltage from it.
check that your antenna is pointing in the correct direction and correctly polarized

@ chorusinfo.........what do you mean by correctly polarized

I'm experimenting with a simmilar set up and no luck so far

Vertical polarization means that the signal is transmitted vertically,
Horizontal means it's transmitted horizontally.

if you try receive on horizontal when transmitted vertically then there's about 3db of a loss... this is a lot

so look around you at other antennas... see if they are vertical... or horizontal... you'll notice this by the metal plate at the end of the downonverter.. it should be rectangle in shape.. if the short side is down it's vertical...

|---------|
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
|---------|
that's vertical....

|-------------------------|
| |
| |
| |
|-------------------------|
that's horizontal.

That antenna fano talks about has a few arrows on it to say what is horizontal and what's vertical i think..

yikes my drawing is not so good.... spaces not remembered, sorry

yes everything is as it should be,correct polarity the power converter is working have move the aerial,it will find all the channels on a scan but doesnt seem to lock on to them for very long

Last edited:
yes,i have tried a scan with it pluged out and get nothing and plug it in and get everything

yikes.. i've been half asleep all morning. only see your exact problem now.

this has been noticed on some of those antennas i hear.

some people try reseat them and the work fine from there on.

some people have a very strong signal and it swamps them so they have to remove one of the extensions

have you tried reseat and removing one of the extensions?

yikes.. i've been half asleep all morning. only see your exact problem now.

this has been noticed on some of those antennas i hear.

some people try reseat them and the work fine from there on.

some people have a very strong signal and it swamps them so they have to remove one of the extensions

how do you mean reseat them?there is only 1 downcoverter in and that is the if 622,i have moved the antenna around a bit to get the best receiption id say the downconverter is gone

Glic is using a half wave dipole downconverter not a Yagi ,there is no rod .
From what you have described it is picking up the channels initially so your setup must be ok.
It generally wont find all the channels unless it is properly aligned.
The downconverter itself may be an old design and not 64 QAM compatible so may not be suitable for a digital signal.
Are the analogue channels working ok on it ?

Decathlon Downconverter Model DCI-ID3126

I have been trying the downconverter above, but no luck at all, it was purchased from usa on ebay.
there are now details to frequencies, so not even sure if it is suitable to begin with.

I had given up, as I have tried every possible scan, auto and manual, without success.

But I didn't realise that orientation would have an affect, so I will try a few more things before binning it.
Can someone explain a little about how the downconverter should be fitted into the mesh and how critical it is. I just stuck it into the mess off a proper aerial with the same orientation, I think, as the genuine one. It could be wrong so I will try it the other way.
Does the distance or position of the nose of the downconverter in relation to the mesh have a baring, if so what are the guidelines for setting it correctly.

cheers in advance guys..

Chorusinfo posted already the drawings.
If the head of the feedarm is vertically positioned is for vertically polarized signal. Same for horizontal.
Check the aerials in the neighbourhood and you know what is in use in your aera.
Beside that the head should be positioned roughly at the same place than the old one.
The dish centre the collected signal at that point.

Last edited:
Back