That old Clone 500T BBC, UTV & C4 problem.

sounds good........I might know where IF662 downconverters can be purchased.
If I get a chance I will get one and try it........don't hold your breath though...

are the upconverters or transverters easily got..??

howdyd,

That pic you've send is the standard chorus one.. or at least one version of such.
btw it's 222-408 so that's the exact one that will give you problems with ch4 etc
if you use the other one with 214mzh - as out put freq you'll be missing setanta 1 channel 6 and a few more.. think it's setanta1.. can't remember...

what you need is a mmds ant with LO of around 1838, this will give you an output freq of 600mhz+ and ur dream will tune there the finest.

there are tones of them on line m8... and here comes the sarcism... ever hear of google? haha

2500 minus 1838 give 662 and thats IF662.
Btw if you are willing to buy 1000 units there are tones of offers.

so to be sure what you are saying, the alternative downconverter will resolve the missing channels issue. where can these downconverters be purchased, again I have found what mgb said, they are only available in very large wholesale quantities.

so to be sure what you are saying, the alternative downconverter will resolve the missing channels issue. where can these downconverters be purchased, again I have found what mgb said, they are only available in very large wholesale quantities.

tell them you are intending to buy a large quantity,but say you want a sample order of 5 first.get a few of yous that need them to chip in

From the amount of posts i have read on here about this problem. Id say ye could order a few hundred.

ok guys, i,ve been chatting with the importer here, have to see what's involved in posting his details here..
1 is it allowed?
2 is he prepared to deal with all ye guys haha

i'll get back v.soon..

regds
ci

It depends which downconverter.
The downconverter is builtin into the feedarm at newer chorus mmds arials and you have to exchange the whole feedarm including the dipole.
A single downconverter for external connection doesn't help much.

Last edited:
It depends which downconverter.
The downconverter is builtin into the feedarm at newer chorus mmds arials and you have to exchange the whole feedarm including the dipole.
A single downconverter for external connection doesn't help much.
True that is, this downconverter (see attached) is idealy suited to the older and still v.common type. However it can be used on old vhf setups and newer setups quite easily, cable ties will do the trick! sweet ey...
The finer details about actually selling a few over here will be sorted and decided in the coming days.

regds
ci

i'll take ten!! well 5 anyway, this would be so class, the amount of time ive spent investigating how to manufacture a frequency mixer to upshift the frequencies is unreal! if there is any chance of getting some of these then definitely keep me in mind!

ya.. haha. np..

but just subscribe to this thread,, i'll post the info here if it goes ahead and a few get sold at home...

im interested in this also, please keep me updated, cheers

Hi guys.

the last batch were exported again and I think a few are reserved for ireland in the january shipment.

i've nothing more to do with them.. but this post will be updated should they become available.

In the mean time i suggest you use a different CC downconverter than you currently use..
there are different ones available.. and when used with the dream you can pick what few services you can live without.

Hi Ginkman

i got a 500t from Zeus which works fine on chorus mmds, the only channel i'm missing is SETANTA 1
touch wood : )

no ariel

hy guys,

i apologise in advance if this is a stupid question. I am also missing the channels mentioned. I do not have an ariel for MMDS. I am supplied via cable from a main transmitter somehwhere near my home. Is it posible for me to use a downconverter??????
if i can how and where do i get one from:Boo:

hi knobby

if it is chorus cable or digital you have? you must have a 500c

Back