That old Clone 500T BBC, UTV & C4 problem.

Ginkman

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have read pages and pages of threads about this issue with the clone 500t boxes.
Has a fix ever been found for this issue.
I have a clone 500t for the sis in law and cannot get BBC 1 & 2, UTV or C4.
I got it from a seller we all know and was about to order another, but will not unless the problem has been solved.

I have a 100% genuine 500c that I bought a couple of weeks ago, I mistakenly thaught that our cable was true cable, but it ain't. The seller doesn't have any 500ts, thats why I went the other route to the clone seller. However they have 600PVRs to offer, problem is the extra cost and the return postage will just start to hurt too much.
I might be persuded to return it for the 600, but only if we can all confirm that the 600 doesn't have the missing channel problem.

thanks in advance buds.........

how much for the 600?ive never heard anyone complaining about the 600,there is also a better tuner in the 600

how much for the 600?ive never heard anyone complaining about the 600,there is also a better tuner in the 600
I paid £149 + £25 shipping for the the 500c, they 600PVR-T would be £205 + £25 shipping again and I will have to pay to post the 500c back to them, so all in all about about another €110 to me to get the 600 when I should have been fine with a 500T, if they had any. Thats why I was hoping a clone 500T would set me up and I could flog the 500c. Almost hate to part with it though, as it is a genuine one and the true cable will eventually be in our area, just God only knows when.
Might consider a swap with someone for a genuine 500T. I like the Dreamboxes, but I am new to all this, are any other boxes worth considering for c-o-rus mmds.
I guess you never found a fix for the missing channels, I know you discussed it a lot on here, is there no way around it...?

Last edited:
its a problem with the tunner nothin that can be done from this side its just hit and miss some people get all the channels others dont

And I thought it was only the 500T clones which didnt pickup all the channels. Interesting to note 500T orginals dont either.

it's a clone I'm having the trouble with,
but from what is said I could buy another and it would work ok.
I have no issue with buying a clone, as long as it works,
I would buy an original by choice if they were available.
I wonder if the sellers will take them back if they don't work, it would make it easier to buy them if they would happily swap them when one doesn't work out ok.

The problem is the frequency range 230 mhz to 470 mhz is not in use for true dvb-t.
Nobody in the whole world would ever notice a tuner problem in that range beside the blokes in Ireland.
A good dvb-t tuner can also handle that range but it looks like the clone factories don't buy first quality.
I changed a little bit at the terrestrial.xml in the downloads.
You could try this one.

Last edited:
A higher freq Downconverter solves the issue.
I have a 1838Mhz Lo Freq Downconverter which gives an output freq range of 662-848Mhz.
It tunes the missing channels no bother,I modified the terrestrial.xml frequencies.
Not an ideal solution but a solution none the less.

where did you get the higher freq downconvertor i have a wire mess antenna on my house tried the 500t and missing the usual suspects

A higher freq Downconverter solves the issue.
I have a 1838Mhz Lo Freq Downconverter which gives an output freq range of 662-848Mhz.
It tunes the missing channels no bother,I modified the terrestrial.xml frequencies.
Not an ideal solution but a solution none the less.

You sure about this as a LOT of people would benifit if this was confirmed.

You sure about this as a LOT of people would benifit if this was confirmed.
Pretty sure.
It works on the 1838 Lo Freq Model deffo.
I cant get the 4 channels on the 2278 models .
I will double check it tomorrow or Wednesday on the other transmitter near me to confirm it works on both transmitters.

Last edited:
If you use a other downconverter which convert the signal to a higher range the weak tuners are working much more better in that higher range.
The problem is to find a matching downconverter and to rebuilt a chorus antenna. At newer chorus aerials the downconverter is integrated into to the feedarm and you have to replace the whole feedarm.

Last edited:
The problem is the frequency range 230 mhz to 470 mhz is not in use for true dvb-t.
Nobody in the whole world would ever notice a tuner problem in that range beside the blokes in Ireland.
A good dvb-t tuner can also handle that range but it looks like the clone factories don't buy first quality.
I changed a little bit at the terrestrial.xml in the downloads.
You could try this one.
mgb.....tried the modified terrestrial download, unfortunately no success, thanks for trying m8..
the chorus mmds scan works just as the others did, misses the same 4 channels,
the irish DTT trial scan doesn't lock onto anything,
the long scan eu wont scan at all...........

The irish DTT scan is for the DTT trial via Three Rock and Clermont Carn. You need a matching UHF aerial for that. There are only the 4 irish channels available unscrambled via that way.
Did you get an error for the long scan or what was wrong?

guys, hardware problem,
solution used a transverter to shift the input frequencies, or use a downconverter with a lower Local oscillator frequence this will shift the tuning range up to 600mhz+

Do you know an good transverter.
I don't think the old vhf to uhf converter for analogue are working.

I havn't tried the vhf to uhf converter,
but have been meaning to try the dream on the vhf downconverter and see what channels are missing (it will over lap the 266mhz flat spot range)

chorusinfo.........
would love to know the details of the transverter,
it is great if it works....the problem with the missing channels is very annoying on the 500Ts..
let us know how you get on...........
here are the details off a c-o-us aerial that i found....might be usefull to people..
View attachment 34048 View attachment 34049

The chorus downconverter or the items from USA are using either IF214 or IF222.
Thats means the centre frequency for the first frequency is 218mhz or 226mhz and you are in the problem zone of the clone box tuners.
You need either a downconverter with IF662 or a device which upconvert the frequency after the aerial again.
If you use a downconverter with IF662 the centre frequency starts with 666mhz and you are in the range which is normally used for dvb-t and every tuner should work.

Back