Switchover to Nagra 3

i had free tv for years...

got my new plasma and couldnt warrent spending £700 to have a crap picture from my dm500..

so upgraded to basic sky.. with HD..

was lucky to get 3 months half price sports and movies for over xmas so im happy

tho when i take it off (28dec) ill have my dm500 for a few moths to watch the movie channels..

so im not complaning.. still have my 20mb net connection so fingers crossed they dont go tits up

What I don't understand is that people are still selling loads of cable boxes, Wizard for example is out of stock on the new StarviewHD Combo. Now I know it is cable and sat, but still, why even bother with a cable tuner - or is there something they know that we don't?

as long as your not forkin out bud i wouldnt worry bout it..but i know what u mean though. if your lookin for a box wait untill something does happen and then you'll c whats on offer. im just glad i dont need to worry about it over the xmas due to going with sky

I havent seen any dates mentioned anywhere when I have been looking for info on this.

Anyone know any timescales involved ??

There must be someone somewhere in Leeds working on N3 as we speak
I just find it hard to believe that N3 has been out for so long and noone (to the best of my knowledge) has attempted to crack it

I predict that by Christmas 2010, we'll all have our channels back

Its not that no one wants to hack it, its cos they cant so far. I dare say the amount of money and time and equipment that it will take to hack this cant be done over night or just by sitting in a bedroom some where.

I think people are just expecting something to happen and it just isnt going to happen over night. Nor do I expect it to happen with out the aid of c/s to be back on our screens for free by christmas next year.

Last edited:
I just find it hard to believe that N3 has been out for so long and noone (to the best of my knowledge) has attempted to crack it

people all over europe will be and will continue to try and crack nagra 3, how can you say no one has attempted it. i personally wouldnt have a clue where to start, but im 100% sure people are trying to do that, just to no avail as of yet!

What makes you think it will be released if its hacked?

I know duolabls has cracked it for sat I'm not saying anymore on it but they won't be releasing it to the public and they have not yet decided whether to release on the new Diablo 2 cam they currently have on the market. If they release they will want to make their money from the hack first due to the amount of money spent on hacking it so theres a possibility it won't be released to the public for a few years.

I wouldn't even dream of a cable hack anytime soon.

What makes you think it will be released if its hacked?

I know duolabls has cracked it for sat I'm not saying anymore on it but they won't be releasing it to the public and they have not yet decided whether to release on the new Diablo 2 cam they currently have on the market. If they release they will want to make their money from the hack first due to the amount of money spent on hacking it so theres a possibility it won't be released to the public for a few years.

I wouldn't even dream of a cable hack anytime soon.

Thats my take on it,it wont be as widespread as it is at the mo.

I know duolabls has cracked it. they have not yet decided whether to release on the new Diablo 2 cam they currently have on the market. If they release they will want to make their money from the hack first due to the amount of money spent on hacking it
When did they crack it?

It doesn't make sense to me. If they spent all this money hacking it and want to make a profit from their work then why are the holding off releasing a product with it in? I can understand them wanting to release it as part of a new product rather than free to existing owners of Diablo 2 cam but surely each day they delay they risk someone else getting in there first?

Last edited:
When did they crack it?

It doesn't make sense to me. If they spent all this money hacking it and want to make a profit from their work then why are the holding off releasing a product with it in? I can understand them wanting to release it as part of a new product rather than free to existing owners of Diablo 2 cam but surely each day they delay they risk someone else getting in there first?

It doesn't really make any difference if someone else gets there first in the sat market there was always other cards available that opened some of the packages the Diablo cam did.

The hack will no doubt accompany other exclusive hacks so it will be still worthwhile for them to make a profit from selling the new cam. At the moment the new cam is selling like hot cakes even though the list of hacks isn't released yet.

so the next thing is likley to be a PC with a DVB C card and a cam?

I know duolabls has cracked it for sat I'm not saying anymore on it....

They may possibly of got a CAM working with a subbed card (ie, they've worked out how to pair to a card) and they may of worked out cardsharing (once you can pair CS is easy) but I seriously doubt they have actually cracked it to the point they have extracted keys !

What are you guys going to do with your boxes?
I'll probably be selling my ones, and look around for a decent sat box

List of cable and satellite providers who are using Nagravision, Nagra Version Number, and Country:

Tivù Sat - Nagravision 3 - Italy
Mediaset Premium - Nagravision 3 - Italy
Telenet Group - Nagravision 2 - Belgium
UPC Broadband - Nagravision 3 - Romania
UPC - Nagravision 3 - Ireland
Dish Network Corporation - Nagravision 3 - USA
Reliance BigTV - Nagravision 1 - India
Look Communications - Nagravision 1 - Canada
Bell TV - Nagravision 3 - Canada
Digi TV - Nagravision 2 in some areas, but mostly N3 - Romania
Sky/Premiere - Nagravision 3 - Germany
TV Cabo - Nagravision 3 - Portugal
Digital+ - Nagravision 3 - Spain
Polsat - Nagravision 3 - Poland
Dream Satellite TV - Nagravision 3 - Philippines
StarHub TV - Nagravision 1 - Singapore
Virgin Media - N1 being phased, moving onto N3 - United Kingdom

hi peeps,

So let me get this right.... anyone with a cable box in the uk that is currently using a fun/atmega/mosc etc will stop workin once N3 is switched on?!

What about aftermarket boxes like eurovox where they use an image on the box, will these be affected in the same way?

Will the C/C's be sending the data/tv signal in a super encryption type way that no other card version apart from an Nagra3 revision card will be able to decrypt/work with??

Sorry if i sound not with it, just trying to understand it and see where i myself and possibly others stand once the switchover has happened and what my options are.

If this is the case i might look into getting a sat dish and good aftyermarket box, but only thing is i don't have a clue about this..... just like i didn't know anything about cable before i started coming on here a few years ago and started readind and asking questions.:Cheers:

hi peeps,

So let me get this right.... anyone with a cable box in the uk that is currently using a fun/atmega/mosc etc will stop workin once N3 is switched on?!

What about aftermarket boxes like eurovox where they use an image on the box, will these be affected in the same way?

Will the C/C's be sending the data/tv signal in a super encryption type way that no other card version apart from an Nagra3 revision card will be able to decrypt/work with??

Sorry if i sound not with it, just trying to understand it and see where i myself and possibly others stand once the switchover has happened and what my options are.

If this is the case i might look into getting a sat dish and good aftyermarket box, but only thing is i don't have a clue about this..... just like i didn't know anything about cable before i started coming on here a few years ago and started readind and asking questions.:Cheers:

No box will work, get a dish.

it takes serious hardware / equipment to hack cards not just a reader and some guy in a bedroom in leeds

I doubt nagra3 will be hacked anytime soon

you may want to revise you timeframe here, say never, Nagra 3 will never be hacked is my personal opionion, it has been out in Europe for a while and stll no hack and if I am correct Nagra 3 uses some form of RSA for keys, and this is the reason it will never be hacked

How long has Sky NDS been out for (10 + years) has it been hacked ? will it ever be hacked ?

Kudelski spent millions and millions on developing Nagra 3 and so far the cost has been worth while

if people expect N3 to be hacked in a few months, they are kidding themselves

Back