Switchover to Nagra 3

Some people on here have opened/looked at the N3 card so would it be possible to edit teir lists etc or is nagra edit not compatable with editing the N3 cards or are they totally different set up to the current nagra cards?

Dont quite understand fully the N3 thing and how it works, anyone got a link for some info?

Last edited:
Look any hack for nagra3 is likely to not be any time soon or NOT for the foreseeable future.Free cable tv was gr8 while it lasted either pay for it or start learning about card sharing

kinda funny that one about some guy in a bedroom in leeds with a card reader lolollololol.

Actually breaking cards to the point of using them ourselves or modifying them in all honesty is not likely to ever happen again...

The truth is if the N3 card is ever dumped, there will be working emulation in an amazingly short space of time weeks not months!. One of the major problems appears to be nobody really wants it out imo - there have been rumours for sometime that a N3 card has been dumped, if that was true then the only reason there is no emulation is that it is not viewed as beneficial to whomever has done so.. FTA boxes are doing nicely with c/s so they are not loosing sales, people are flogging slingers using a similar tech. Emulation on the card could lead to premature upgrades and updates although ideally they would need a new card not an update to plug a hole that revealed what was in there.

RSA keys ect and pairing is very much typical of N2 so no massive changes going on there, i don't seriously think providers are trying to close the c/s door - it keeps systems secure for providers and allows nice sales for c/s capable receivers, the coders get a nice result from coming up with pairing algo's ect doubtless getting a nice little back hander from the fta distributors. Everything has stayed in balance then, hackers have found a middle road with fta dealers and providers. In my opinion this is the only reason N3 appears to have stayed secure!:)

kinda funny that one about some guy in a bedroom in leeds with a card reader lolollololol.

Actually breaking cards to the point of using them ourselves or modifying them in all honesty is not likely to ever happen again...

The truth is if the N3 card is ever dumped, there will be working emulation in an amazingly short space of time weeks not months!. One of the major problems appears to be nobody really wants it out imo - there have been rumours for sometime that a N3 card has been dumped, if that was true then the only reason there is no emulation is that it is not viewed as beneficial to whomever has done so.. FTA boxes are doing nicely with c/s so they are not loosing sales, people are flogging slingers using a similar tech. Emulation on the card could lead to premature upgrades and updates although ideally they would need a new card not an update to plug a hole that revealed what was in there.

RSA keys ect and pairing is very much typical of N2 so no massive changes going on there, i don't seriously think providers are trying to close the c/s door - it keeps systems secure for providers and allows nice sales for c/s capable receivers, the coders get a nice result from coming up with pairing algo's ect doubtless getting a nice little back hander from the fta distributors. Everything has stayed in balance then, hackers have found a middle road with fta dealers and providers. In my opinion this is the only reason N3 appears to have stayed secure!:)

Another cracking post TBC, thank you. Interesting stuff.

The schedule thats knocking around seems to indicate that the update will be nationwide by Easter !

yes im told the dump alone would cost about $500,000, but "chris" whathisname.!! lol . has said if some1 put the right amount of money up ...he can hack it ..have it dumped e.c.t ...in 3 weeks !!!!!!!!!!:banana:, but whos gonna put the money up @ lest 5 million $$$$'s & then want a return of there money back !!!! , whos gonna do it ??? 1 of these 3rd party companys

so what is the best option out there, card sharing,

:BLOBBY:
byebyenagra3.gif

if you have a dreambox with a removable tuner, just purchase a satellite tuner and off you go...

bet you never thought you would be doing that. :)

Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but when you talk of C/S do you mean cable C/S as opposed to satellite C/S?

only works on satellite as far as I know

Not true !! It is nothing to do with the providers or the method of provision i.e sat/cable..

broadly speaking, a c/s system allows a remote receiver to send ecm's to a remote card i.e 1 in another receiver. This is done using an internet connection the cards reply is sent back to the remote receiver which then receives the updated control words and a picture..

A N3 card is capable of working 10 times harder than is required in a standard equipment box, Of course quite wether the so called open source persons are able to do anything with this mechanism remains to be seen. Lets face it they were not so quick to fix things in the past - so most of you will just have to wait and see.. mind you another little problem is 1 in at least 10 will have to actually have a card lol :)

Not true !! It is nothing to do with the providers or the method of provision i.e sat/cable..

broadly speaking, a c/s system allows a remote receiver to send ecm's to a remote card i.e 1 in another receiver. This is done using an internet connection the cards reply is sent back to the remote receiver which then receives the updated control words and a picture..

A N3 card is capable of working 10 times harder than is required in a standard equipment box, Of course quite wether the so called open source persons are able to do anything with this mechanism remains to be seen. Lets face it they were not so quick to fix things in the past - so most of you will just have to wait and see.. mind you another little problem is 1 in at least 10 will have to actually have a card lol :)

I'd bet my mortgage ( if i had one ) that the kryptview team will be 1st with some sort of c/s fix, a slinger device it will be im sure of it.

I don't really know much about Kryptviews tbh, but it seems likely that something will materialise in the coming months from one of the FTA markets
It is a little surprising we are not already seeing something done with linux boxes, but the tech dev side of open source platforms do seem to stroll along at a snails pace - only have to look at italia to see that lol

Real advice please...yes we know cable is ending ie N3 so:

a) do we start paying cable and hope for fix?
b) get sly and attempt c/s...it was difficult enough learning cable and I think sat is even harder...need pals etc... lol
c) or as mozr told me play the wanking game for points...see

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/223588/ #17

:Cheers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Take your pick !

I'm sure any one of the above selection would while away those long winter nights.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back