Struggling to Flash Benq

stevemac40

Inactive User
Reaction score
Well spent half the day playing around trying to flash my box. Given up now, couldn't get iprep to flash my Benq drive.

Ran Iprep from floppy (dont have a bootable USB) and just prior to flashing i was getting a non-descript error (never got to turning on the Benq drive whilst connected.

Any suggestions or alternatively I dont suppose any of you guys are able to flash it for us in the Basildon area.

Hi mate may be asking a silly question but are you sure it is a benq and not a lite on ?

i never managed to get iprep to work with a floppy ended up buying a flash stick was cheaper than getting someone else to do it

hi mate i would use dosflash 32 its very easy to use.
if you can't find the files give me a shout.

Hi, when setting up your iprep, make sure the mtk flash box is ticked, if I dont tick this I struggle like hell to see the drives sometimes, so prepare another floppy and make sure its ticked , hope this might help

Cheers for the suggestions guys, i'll give em a go when I get a chance.

It is a benq (though it wouldn't have been that stopping the flash anyhow as I never got around to turning it on).

If you suspect the problem that you're experiencing is due to using a floppy you can get hold of NTFS4DOS and Partition Magic, create a small partition on one of your hard drives and set iPrep to use the newly created partition. Boot up with the NTFS4DOS cd and you should be able to access your partition and run dbenq or fbenq.

Oh one other thing, I'm not 100% certain but you may need to connect the BenQ drive to a VIA6421 sata controller card in order for iPrep to see it in DOS, perhaps someone could clarify on whether or not the VIA6421 is needed.

Cant really help without the error message. Here is a link to a thread in which i flashed my Benq [even though i spoofed the drive the flashing process is the same.
Q. Have you managed to dump firmware yet ?

Couple of pointers - disconecct all other sata and ide devices from pc before you begin. If you cant read try connecting just 1 ide drive [not actually used in the process but can help stability] then try again.
Most important thing is to get that firmware dumped and get it saved a few times for safe backup.
my benq thread.
http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/175174/

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, when setting up your iprep, make sure the mtk flash box is ticked, if I dont tick this I struggle like hell to see the drives sometimes, so prepare another floppy and make sure its ticked , hope this might help

The box makes no difference, it doesnt touch mtkflash when using it for BenQ's

have read many different variations for flashing 360 on here, mine was a benq had many problems as some of you may have read.

ended up powering up drive before pc then not turning power of untill the promt turn off drive and hit yes to resend the MTK vendor intro command.

worked first time with a floppy.

Cheers for all suggestions, gonna be next week before I get a chance to try them. Will let you know how I do.

Back