jtag about to die methinks :( Anyone know of someone who can do a proper reflow?

i would HIGHLY recommend DJJAMA

i got mine from him a while back and i have not had one fault what so ever and i use it a lot
Thank you for that, I am glad it is still going strong :)

And message has been replied to, I still have about 5 brand new jasper jtags left :)

Jama

its more the fact i know if i had a problem you will alwaya help me, just get a jtag slim and i would be very happy :)

Mine are £250

That is for a brand new jasper 60gb bundle with all accessories. Jtagged, drive flashed, xex menu on the hdd and posted.

Jama

I've seen someone selling "brand new" falcons jtagged for 140-150 at the moment elsewhere. Tempting price etc.....but falcons still have a 90nm gpu and was only cpu which was lowered to 65.

Also seems odd that he says its "Brand New" but that they don't come with wires/hdd/controllers. Unless theres plenty stocks out there that sell console bases only somehow?

Factoring in the extra controller, spare hdd, and confidence of a newer jasper lasting longer I think 250 is reasonable for a jasper jtag. I really don't have the time myself to source out a jasper that is taggable and then spend the time to relearn doing it all again (aswell as my crap solder skills)

Just need DJJamma to decide that uni is not for him, drop out, and bugger off home to get it done :) (Still working on the missus tho - she's not impressed....so bribing her by offering to buy her crap she wants for kitchen :))

I've seen someone selling "brand new" falcons jtagged for 140-150 at the moment elsewhere. Tempting price etc.....but falcons still have a 90nm gpu and was only cpu which was lowered to 65.

Also seems odd that he says its "Brand New" but that they don't come with wires/hdd/controllers. Unless theres plenty stocks out there that sell console bases only somehow?

Factoring in the extra controller, spare hdd, and confidence of a newer jasper lasting longer I think 250 is reasonable for a jasper jtag. I really don't have the time myself to source out a jasper that is taggable and then spend the time to relearn doing it all again (aswell as my crap solder skills)

Just need DJJamma to decide that uni is not for him, drop out, and bugger off home to get it done :) (Still working on the missus tho - she's not impressed....so bribing her by offering to buy her crap she wants for kitchen :))
Check your PM

I can possibly get home this weekend.

Jama

replied :)

Enjoy weekend at home slaving over 'our' 360s lol

Here's hoping all goes well....(while copying some games over to PS3 to pass the time :))

hmmm wonder if its worth buying one of them Nyko Intercooler TS's for this box - just as extra precaution. Seem to be fairly liked? As draw their own power and not from a usb source?

I'm in for A fun filled weekend ;).

And about the fan. Don't not bother they can some times cause more if an issue.

A better idea if you are that worried would to be to use a fan speed control tool as it is a jtag, you can set the internal fans to any speed you want. If you want I could put the app on for you.

Jama

not to worry. I'll be throwing in my 500gb drive from my rrod'd jtag anyways, and using the fan control on FSD :). Don't fancy the thought of having to copy all the XBLA and DLC onto another drive so will still use that one...plus its near full :)

Then I'll relegate the 60gb drive to be in place of a 20gb on my legit box. Not sure if I should keep the jasper at 100% fans like I did the xenon for the sake of it/confidence.....or enjoy the silence (and less of the other half bickering at how it sounds like a dyson)

I'd never heard of that Intercooler TS model before now mind.....but seems it only come into effect when the temps reach a certain level...aswell as not draining power from the 360 itself. Will have another read up on it laters though to find any real user feedback on it.

Ordered/bought :)

Looking forward to having a 360 that I can sit and play and not feel on edge with every second its switched on about dying :)

At least the ps3 has been getting a bit of use for a change (Kung Fu Live is funny as fook!)

Many thanks to DJJamma for the new jasper which is now running sweet.

In comparison to the old xenon, which had typical gpu temps of about 65-68 after running games for a bit (with fans at 100%), the jasper seems to run at around 56ish average with fans at stock, and around 45/56 with fans at 100% :) so considerably cooler.

I can't decide between whether to enjoy the peace and quiet running a jasper at stock speed though, or the extra peace of mind that it may perhaps live longer at 100%

Back