jtag about to die methinks :( Anyone know of someone who can do a proper reflow?

Just trying to catch up on a few things....new jobs being a pain - will upload the photos that mike sent as he was doing it for me, for you to see, for what its worth

3 months - usually always. Sometimes does depend on the console. If I open one up and find scorch marks everywhere and bolts so tight that they are nearly coming through the other side of the pcb or pennys flying around everywhere then I wont offer a warranty on it.

Generally though, this only applies to a very small percentage of consoles and to the DIY YouTube console butchers.

Ok excellent, I removed your ad as its not authorised by admin. I will speak to them, and see if we can add this info on a sticky or something as this would be an excellent service. Also any chance of discount for DW users?

No discount im afraid as £50.00 (inc return shipping) for a reball is a really good price as it is.... going rate is 60+

I think the price for a reball is very good, especially considering postage.

Its only the postage costs, that are generally a pain in the backside for these things, making the total price that bit more. i'd much rather the whole money have gone to mike than the courier.

I used Courier Services | Express Parcel Delivery Company | Parcel2Go, choosing DHL. Also for new customers you can get £4 back on Quidco for your first postage.

Anyway....time for some pics...

post clocker! lolol....glad your getting it sorted mate i mean the last bloke that looked at it had one of them bloody hot air guns and there dangerous man! :banana:

couldn't see how to add multiple files to a single post (and too lazy to upload them to photobucket :)

and yeah right ropey fella he was(!)....wouldn't trust that fella...srebbiD I think his name was....right ugly one too

thanks Mike!!

Just got in from work to find its arrived safely back today, and kids now playing a couple of xbla games on it. I did notice, from poweron that the gpu seemed to run a few degrees cooler than normal (on top of still being in case). Coincidence or not I dont know - maybe as its just been taken out of box and plugged back up top etc. Will keep eye on temps to see if they do also change.

:D:D:D

Highly recommend this guy fellas :)

Your very welcome - enjoy :) As for the temp, you should see it running a bit cooler as I use awesome thermal paste - done tests with loads of them and the one I am using now is the best by far.

Even says on the box that it runs cooler than AS5 :)

well finally had chance to have a bit of a proper test with it being the weekend.

I think the initial cold temps were really cos it was not too long after delivery as case was ice cold.

But initial test weren't too bad, a few degrees cooler, or so I'd thought, but hadn't given it chance to warm up properly....and then forgot to check after son had finished his gaming.

Previous to the rrod my temps by and large were around 59-61 idle in FSD, and after gaming 65-69. That was with 100% fans, and was not ran in its plastic case.

Anyway, I've just updated the dash to the new Kinect dash

After going from being switched off for last couple of days, to a direct flash from USB to the new dash, and then going through the new Welcome setup rubbish (the new flash putting my fan speed back to auto which was previously xex patched to 100%)....so cpu was really high, and the gpu temperature was a very high 75ish.

High temps make me panic, so quickly got FSD running and set to 100% :)

Does the new kinect dashboard and kernal run hotter than the old dash in other peoples experiences? It certainly feels a bit more sluggish than the 9xxx dash but unfortunately nothing can do about that to play the latest games/kinect stuff.

So after installing DashLaunch 2.06, and taking it out of the case in the hopes to keep it cooler/safer.....trying out a few games (1hr on NBA Jam, and 15mins on Assassins Creed Brotherhood), the GPU temp is still pretty high at 72degrees.

At idle it seems to sit at around 62degrees (currently at 69 but ACB hasn't been turned off for a while)

Wish I'd tested the temps a bit more on the older dash but was keen to get it ready for the Kinect.

Not sure if I see any benefit to having the case off, open air cooling vs more channeled airflow possibly.

Again, I can't really say its a problem as such, the leaded solder in theory should last, and ACB is a newer game so probably more cpu/gpu intensive than some games.....but of course its never nice to see these temps creeping up

Anyone else care to share their temps on xenons with this latest dash?

searching for old threads on xenon temps, and the temps dont seem too far outside the norm. Found 1 other report of a cpl degrees higher with the new dash.

Would still be good to see other peoples current temps with xenons though with the new dash.

Have to decide now between keeping plastic case off (open top with notebook usb cooler underneath) vs cased

and

fans at the dyson 100% level, or be brave and set back to auto

Just done a quick check on mine for you

on idle cpu 75.1 c
gpu 57.1 c
ram 55.1 c
mb 25 c

i havent got time to play a game just now as my little fella has a football match but will test later after a few levels of NFS Hot Pursuit :proud:

hope this helps
haggiso

is that a Xenon?

your GPU seems very good, but CPU seems high?

I checked my ram and they're about 66degrees after the gaming session and sat on idle for a bit.

Got to pop out today, but when get back going to reassemble case and try an hour or sos play to see if any difference

yes its a xenon
just played a few levels on hot pursuit

cpu 79.8
gpu 70.1
mem 69.3
mb 31.1

i left it running since last post
and my fans are set to auto

I have 2 xenon jtagged boxes i will test the other 1 later on

haggiso

Back