Sky Account Suspended

what is the alternative to using CCcam on a dm500s (server)?
[/B]

This is what I've been looking at mate, I'm sure I've read on here about either mgcam or a different one. digidude has posted what to use somewhere but I cant find it lol

windows calculator, google dec-hex and use any of the top few hits, smartphone calculators can do it, you can download scientific calculators to do it, B16MMC even created a small programme that does it for you

theres so many ways of doing it, WITHOUT risking having your details farmed by a honeypot type website

and with cccam also giving up your card number to any peer who wants it, need there be any further reason to not use it?

not that you should be sharing your card outside of your own home anyway, but, if you do choose to, why risk your details?

use newCS to read the card, and mgcamd to connect, anyone you see connecting with cccam, boot

I've been thinking about moving to newcs and mgcam for a while now, this thread only re-enforces the need to do this now. I assume I only need newcs in a server and mgcam for the clients?

Any good tutorials or is it as simple as CCcam ? also is there a recommended version?

use newcs 1.67 and the latest version of mgcamd is 1.35a, but, any version of mgcamd will work

An update - 3 out of the 4 folk that I know were 'cut off' last week all used an online boxkey generator. 2 of those have confirmed it was the same one as me, the other wasn't sure which one he used. Awaiting feedback from the 4th person but I'm sure I actually sent them the link to the one I used!!!
This so far, is the only thing we all have in common ............ oh that and the fact that we were not actually cardsharing ............ :littleang

i used the online boxkey generator, regretting it now

have had the setup for only 2/3 weeks now, was thinking of ringing in and saying the box is playing up & it needs replacing....worth a try or shall i leave it as it is?

Better start the clock mate!!! : grim :

ar#e..........used gen. years back..........never had an issue.....

Update - Thats the 4th person just got back to me and surprise, surprise, he used it too ....... that's 5 out of 5, all in last 6 - 8 months :rip:

I've been thinking about moving to newcs and mgcam for a while now, this thread only re-enforces the need to do this now. I assume I only need newcs in a server and mgcam for the clients?

Any good tutorials or is it as simple as CCcam ? also is there a recommended version?

I have just moved from cccam to newcs and mgcamd - never used/configured newcs/mgcamd - took me about 5 mins to config it and all working now .. if you have configured cccam then it shouldnt be difficult to configure newcs and mgcamd.

I have just moved from cccam to newcs and mgcamd - never used/configured newcs/mgcamd - took me about 5 mins to config it and all working now .. if you have configured cccam then it shouldnt be difficult to configure newcs and mgcamd.

I must be looking in the wrong places lol as I'm not sure how to set it up? Do you install newcs 1st then mgcamd or both together?

Feel free to point me in the right direction:proud:

I must be looking in the wrong places lol as I'm not sure how to set it up? Do you install newcs 1st then mgcamd or both together?

Feel free to point me in the right direction:proud:

I am using Pli Jade 3 on DM500S and downloaded MgCamd 1.35a and NewCS 1.66 via the download then upgraded NewCS to 1.67 by downloading the file and copying over to the folder and over writing existing file

You need to go into Softcam option and set NewCS to card server and MgCamd as default softcam

How about a little guide, as I dont have a clue either?

Will do when I have time - hopefully this evening

I am using Pli Jade 3 on DM500S and downloaded MgCamd 1.35a and NewCS 1.66 via the download then upgraded NewCS to 1.67 by downloading the file and copying over to the folder and over writing existing file

You need to go into Softcam option and set NewCS to card server and MgCamd as default softcam

Will do when I have time - hopefully this evening

Thanks mate, I've seen the option for newcs and mgcamd in the addons but older versions ( I'm on dm800 black hole) so I wasnt sure..

A quick guide would be great to set it up if you have the time, I'm not the spoon feeding type and I'm doing plenty of reading trying to learn it!

I'll get there in the end, cheers mate:Clap:

here is a quick guide ... this will give you an overall process of how to get it working

Last edited:
Can clients still use cccam to connect to Mgcamd?

not sure, as I havent done that, am sure someone will be able to clarify this, I guess yes a client on cccam should be able to connect.

yes, but with CCcam being the main issue here, whats the point in updating the actual cardserver to newcs, then STILL using cccam to connect to it?

someone point me towards an F line tutorial, and ill create a tutorial to swap from cccam to newcs & mgcamd over the weekend, but, in doing this, you will lose all ability to reshare and use hops etc

but, you will be a lot more secure

Back