Is Cardsharing Working Again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dylan175

New Member ++
Reaction score
Hi, I used to have an openbox with Sky sd. I got it in 2016, and in 2017, was about to upgrade to a zgemma before everything went dark. Since then, I’ve had sky q. However, I’ve heard that cardsharing might be back, and I’m just wondering if it’s true, and in what form? Is it sd, hd or both? And is it 99.9% reliable like before, or are there some more hiccups? Thanks a lot for your help.

SD is possible on normal E2 recievers but hard to source Line, and hd on forever stb like viark and viark 4k but built in.
Is the sd and hd almost 100% reliable? What are forever boxes? I’ve never heard of a line being locked down to one particular type of box, before.

Hi, I used to have an openbox with Sky sd. I got it in 2016, and in 2017, was about to upgrade to a zgemma before everything went dark. Since then, I’ve had sky q. However, I’ve heard that cardsharing might be back, and I’m just wondering if it’s true, and in what form? Is it sd, hd or both? And is it 99.9% reliable like before, or are there some more hiccups? Thanks a lot for your help.
You would be better off looking at IPTV -- Viark boxes are a bit 'shaky' .....

You would be better off looking at IPTV -- Viark boxes are a bit 'shaky' .....
Really, mines been outstanding, how long have you had yours and what's been the issues you have had?
28e HD been working around a year pretty much flawless and then there's all the other packages it opens as well along with the excellent IPTV if you get SP2

There's a thread all about it on here, have a little read.
Here
Thank you. I’ve just had a read, and I’m still getting my head round it, but do understand a bit better now.

Do any of the viark boxes support the wideband lnb, or are there any e2 boxes that support it? Also, is there a way to recreate the wireless sky q multi room setup? I rarely watch tv in the other room, so I’m not too fussed about losing it, however was just curious if there was a way to retain this setup.

Thanks.

Thank you. I’ve just had a read, and I’m still getting my head round it, but do understand a bit better now.

Do any of the viark boxes support the wideband lnb, or are there any e2 boxes that support it? Also, is there a way to recreate the wireless sky q multi room setup? I rarely watch tv in the other room, so I’m not too fussed about losing it, however was just curious if there was a way to retain this setup.

Thanks.
You would need a Hybrid LNB installing if you wish to carry on using the Sky Q box and a Viark or E2 box. If your going to ditch Sky Q altogether then just swap the lnb out for a Universal one.

No real way of streaming a Viark box to another room.

You would need a Hybrid LNB installing if you wish to carry on using the Sky Q box and a Viark or E2 box. If your going to ditch Sky Q altogether then just swap the lnb out for a Universal one.

No real way of streaming a Viark box to another room.
I definitely don’t want Sky Q anymore. There’s some expensive VU+ e2 boxes that support wideband, but they’re quite expensive. Are there no other e2 boxes that support this? Thanks.

Vu+ Boxes supporting wide band had not noticed that to my knowledge your wrong. What model? There are boxes supporting Unicable LNB's but there not wideband.

Just change out the LNB to universal then any E2 box can use that .

Last edited:
Vu+ Boxes supporting wide band had not noticed that to my knowledge your wrong. What model? There are boxes supporting Unicable LNB's but there not wideband.

Just change out the LNB to universal then any E2 box can use that .
I thought that the VU+ Uno 4K SE was wideband compatible, as it has an FBC tuner. Maybe this isn’t the same thing?

When I stopped using the Openbox, I had Sky+ HD, then got Sky Q. The engineer had to do something in a communal cupboard, to get Sky Q to work. I’m in a flat, and there’s only one satellite dish. Do you know how I can get this to work for regular Sky/Freesat again? Thanks.

I thought that the VU+ Uno 4K SE was wideband compatible, as it has an FBC tuner. Maybe this isn’t the same thing?

When I stopped using the Openbox, I had Sky+ HD, then got Sky Q. The engineer had to do something in a communal cupboard, to get Sky Q to work. I’m in a flat, and there’s only one satellite dish. Do you know how I can get this to work for regular Sky/Freesat again? Thanks.
Its not the same thing FBC Tuners do not work with Wideband LNB's.

If you access to that cupboard take some pictures of the switches and we might be able to figure it out.

The VU and Gigablue E2 boxes with FBC tuners use Unicable LNBs, this is an industry standard wideband LNB, sky decided not to go with this and developed there own system - typical sky.

The VU and Gigablue E2 boxes with FBC tuners use Unicable LNBs, this is an industry standard wideband LNB, sky decided not to go with this and developed there own system - typical sky.
Can use Unicable LNB's that gets the best out of the FBC tuner they are not referred to as a wideband LNB though. But FBC tuners can use Universal LNB's etc

Its not the same thing FBC Tuners do not work with Wideband LNB's.

If you access to that cupboard take some pictures of the switches and we might be able to figure it out.
I can’t get to the cupboard. It’s in a loft space. I think the engineer installed a dSCR, then connected my feed to it. I only have one satellite input in my flat. This is connected to input 1 on the Sky Q box, which is set to SCR mode. Would this definitely not work for regular sky/freesat? I wish I had another box, because then I could check. Thanks.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I can’t get to the cupboard. It’s in a loft space. I think the engineer installed a dSCR, then connected my feed to it. I only have one satellite input in my flat. This is connected to input 1 on the Sky Q box, which is set to SCR mode. Would this definitely not work for regular sky/freesat? I wish I had another box, because then I could check. Thanks.

Thats inside your flat not in the distribution cabinet.

You might be better off getting the original installer in.

Thats inside your flat not in the distribution cabinet.

You might be better off getting the original installer in.
It was Sky who installed it. I’m not sure they’ll be happy to look at it again, so I can end my subscription. 😀

It was Sky who installed it. I’m not sure they’ll be happy to look at it again, so I can end my subscription. 😀
The communal distribution setup will have been setup by the owner of the flats, sky just used the cabinet to install from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back