Sky Account Suspended

What about the 3 lines,

<blocksa>No</blocksa>
<blockua>No</blockua>
<blockga>Yes</blockga>

I've seen some config files where all 3 are Yes.

Cheers

RL

What about the 3 lines,

<blocksa>No</blocksa>
<blockua>No</blockua>
<blockga>Yes</blockga>

I've seen some config files where all 3 are Yes.

Cheers

RL

blockga means global EMMs sent to all cards of provider. recommended to set to YES
blocksa means to block EMMs sended to shared address
blockua means to block EMMs direct to specific card.

from what I read, it is recommended to blockga

modified document, added some additional configuration for mg_cfg file to control MGCamd softcam

feed back much appreciated

Would having NewCS 1.67 cause an issue?

I've installed that version, but once the DM500s has been running for a day or say the NewCS webpage is unresponsive. Until a reboot that is.

Cheers

RL

Would having NewCS 1.67 cause an issue?

I've installed that version, but once the DM500s has been running for a day or say the NewCS webpage is unresponsive. Until a reboot that is.

Cheers

RL

could be, revert back to 1.66

I had same issue as you, newcs process terminates after a day, all I did was run a script every minute to check for newcs process and if it doesnt exist to start newcs upagain

could be, revert back to 1.66

I had same issue as you, newcs process terminates after a day, all I did was run a script every minute to check for newcs process and if it doesnt exist to start newcs upagain

You wouldn't do me a favour and post up details of the script would you?

Cheer

RL

Just exploring the DM500 - telneting in and excuting the following command

ps -x

shows there to be 4 NewCS processes running (all with there own PIDs). Is this to expected?

Cheers

RL

Just exploring the DM500 - telneting in and excuting the following command

ps -x

shows there to be 4 NewCS processes running (all with there own PIDs). Is this to expected?

Cheers

RL

here that is correct.. as long as mgcamd is clearing the channels, then newcs is running

here is the script

#!/bin/sh

date=`date -R`

if ps x |grep -v grep |grep -c newcs >/dev/null
then
echo "NewCS Card Server Running OK @ $date " >> /var/etc/lognewcs.txt
else

echo "Restarting NewCS @ $date" >> /var/etc/lognewcs.txt

/var/bin/newcs -b >> /var/etc/lognewcs.txt &
fi

here that is correct.. as long as mgcamd is clearing the channels, then newcs is running

here is the script

Cheers for that - Man I haven't done Linux shell scripting for yrs. Amazing that some braincells fired up :lol:

How many NewCs processes can you expect there to be running? Or does it depend on the number of clients connecting?

Cheers

RL

edit - just came across the following post, which suggests that there should only be one NewCS process running,

http://sateliti.info/showthread.php?13047-Setup-gt-gt-newcs-server-...

Last edited:
Cheers for that - Man I haven't done Linux shell scripting for yrs. Amazing that some braincells fired up :lol:

How many NewCs processes can you expect there to be running? Or does it depend on the number of clients connecting?

Cheers

RL

I have 4 newcs processes running

Killed 1 of the Process PID's and all 4 NewCS PIDs died. All I can think of is that a single running instance of NewCS actually spawns 4 PIDs all with the same name\command.

Interesting.

RL

Left it running overnight & within 24hrs - couldn't access the web admin page. Channels still clearing fine tho. Telnet'd to the DM500s and

ps -x

showed 4 processes - doing a killall newcs

succeeded, but a subsequent ps -x still showed 2 NewCs Pid's running. How's that for bizarre? Channels stopped clearing by then.

Physically re-booted the box and the network didn't appear to come up - the port light on the switch didn't light up. 2 more hard reboots before it came up.

Weird - when it was running CCCam 2.1.4 - it was solid for weeks at a time. Time to go to NewCs 1.66. Wonder whether 1.67 has a memory leak. Or the Gemini image doesn't get on with it.Failing that bin the Gemini image and try OpenPli. Can't find my bloody Null modem cable - so probably take a week for the Ebay one to turn up.

Plan B - bin the DM500s and have NewCs running on the TM600, as the network not always coming up has me wondering whether the clone DM500s is on it's way out.

Cheers

RL

Left it running overnight & within 24hrs - couldn't access the web admin page. Channels still clearing fine tho. Telnet'd to the DM500s and

ps -x

showed 4 processes - doing a killall newcs

succeeded, but a subsequent ps -x still showed 2 NewCs Pid's running. How's that for bizarre? Channels stopped clearing by then.

Physically re-booted the box and the network didn't appear to come up - the port light on the switch didn't light up. 2 more hard reboots before it came up.

Weird - when it was running CCCam 2.1.4 - it was solid for weeks at a time. Time to go to NewCs 1.66. Wonder whether 1.67 has a memory leak. Or the Gemini image doesn't get on with it.Failing that bin the Gemini image and try OpenPli. Can't find my bloody Null modem cable - so probably take a week for the Ebay one to turn up.

Plan B - bin the DM500s and have NewCs running on the TM600, as the network not always coming up has me wondering whether the clone DM500s is on it's way out.

Cheers

RL

OpenPLI is very solid image, download the stable version as they have nightly builds and some may be beta releases

RL

I had something similar with my dm500c, turned out the PSU was dying... if you got another see if it makes a difference.

I had something similar with my dm500c, turned out the PSU was dying... if you got another see if it makes a difference.

What the lack of Network at startup time? Or NewCs (admin page) going weird after 1 day or so? Or both?

It's happily clearing channels - just can't connect to the admin page, unless I reboot.

Cheers

RL

What the lack of Network at startup time? Or NewCs (admin page) going weird after 1 day or so? Or both?

It's happily clearing channels - just can't connect to the admin page, unless I reboot.

Cheers

RL

try changing the port the web interface connects and see if that resolves the issue

try changing the port the web interface connects and see if that resolves the issue

Changed the port and replaced the 1.67 binary with a 1.66 one. The web interface is working fine over 24hrs later. So Lord knows which of the 2 (or both perhaps) has solved the issue.

Cheers

RL

Ive been following this thread, (and a few others on different sites concerning the same issues), as have recently taken out a sub with intention of sharing costs with my dad and a few friends.

Ive tried to get NewCS and MGCam working but must admit that its a bit beyond my simple mind. So, in peoples opinion would I/we be safe in using CCcam 2.1.3. No-one would be re-sharing and I would put the card back in the original box overnight every fortnight or so.

Would this be ok or is it worth persevering with NewCS/MGCam?

Many thanks in advance.

Ive been following this thread, (and a few others on different sites concerning the same issues), as have recently taken out a sub with intention of sharing costs with my dad and a few friends.

Ive tried to get NewCS and MGCam working but must admit that its a bit beyond my simple mind. So, in peoples opinion would I/we be safe in using CCcam 2.1.3. No-one would be re-sharing and I would put the card back in the original box overnight every fortnight or so.

Would this be ok or is it worth persevering with NewCS/MGCam?

Many thanks in advance.

Mate - I was running CCCam2.1.4 as a server and fairly current CCCam as clients. That was easy to setup.

NewCS and MGCamd - had absolutely no probs setting that up, other than the minor issue with the admin page.

I'd use NewsCs\MGCamd over CCCam anyday! Hell if you can get CCCam running - I don't think you'd have issues with NewsCS et al.

HIH

RL

Mate - I was running CCCam2.1.4 as a server and fairly current CCCam as clients. That was easy to setup.

NewCS and MGCamd - had absolutely no probs setting that up, other than the minor issue with the admin page.

I'd use NewsCs\MGCamd over CCCam anyday! Hell if you can get CCCam running - I don't think you'd have issues with NewsCS et al.

HIH

RL

Thanks for the quick reply mate. I think you underestimate my stupidity....if there's a way of doing it wrong I'll find it!

Anyway's, since writing the above Ive had another bash at it and ended up using a config creator through which I managed to get it going on a local basis, (clearing all channels). What was confusing me was the difference between the configs shown in the tutorial from this forum and what I was looking at in NewCS 1.67 that I loaded on to my DM800, (NewCS 1.66 wasnt available from the download manager).

The next step is to get the old man back up and running. Am I right in thinking that I just have to add his username and password as in newcs.xml as the following:

<user>
<name>User1</name>
<password>User1</password>
<au>on</au>
<sidoverride>off</sidoverride>
<spider>no</spider>
<cardlevel>1</cardlevel>
</user>
<user>
<name>User2</name>
<password>User2</password>
<au>on</au>
<sidoverride>off</sidoverride>
<spider>no</spider>
<cardlevel>1</cardlevel>
</user>

And then just edit his newcamd.list like the following:

CWS = mydomain.com chosen port number User2 User2 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 lan NewCS

Many thanks for the vote of confidence and help but as you can see from my questions it really is a bit confusing for me.

Thanks again.

BTW, forgot to mention that when I try to browse to the unit (IP:8080), I dont get any webpage at all, NewCS freezes and the DM800 has to be rebooted to start it up again. Similar, but not the same, as other users?

Back