Sky Account Suspended

here is a quick guide ... this will give you an overall process of how to get it working

Thanks mate for taking the time!!

yes, but with CCcam being the main issue here, whats the point in updating the actual cardserver to newcs, then STILL using cccam to connect to it?

someone point me towards an F line tutorial, and ill create a tutorial to swap from cccam to newcs & mgcamd over the weekend, but, in doing this, you will lose all ability to reshare and use hops etc

but, you will be a lot more secure

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/248356/ all guides great for cccam so the more info on changing wouod be great! Losing the reshare and hops setup is no problem ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
yes, but with CCcam being the main issue here, whats the point in updating the actual cardserver to newcs, then STILL using cccam to connect to it?

someone point me towards an F line tutorial, and ill create a tutorial to swap from cccam to newcs & mgcamd over the weekend, but, in doing this, you will lose all ability to reshare and use hops etc

but, you will be a lot more secure

Totally thick question - you would have to have CCCam running on the server in addition to NewCS? No CCCam on the server means no CCCam clients?

Cheers

RL

I think thats a question many people are wondering...How do you control your clients with mgcamd ? Is there a nice GUI offered by mgcamd that allows you to control reshare & hops ect ?? Or is it much like newcs that allows clients to hammer your card ?

theres no reshare, theres no hops, theres the server, and the client (s) connected directly to the server, thats it. You either want to be secure, or you want CCcam

modified document, added some additional configuration for mg_cfg file to control MGCamd softcam

feed back much appreciated

Last edited:
theres no reshare, theres no hops, theres the server, and the client (s) connected directly to the server, thats it. You either want to be secure, or you want CCcam

Thats exactly what I want!

modified document, added some additional configuration for mg_cfg file to control MGCamd softcam

feed back much appreciated

Thanks for this mate, gonna have a go tomorrow..

I have now setup a DM500C as a pure server running NewCS and the DM500S are a pure client connecting to the server. Simple setup .. no need to install MGCamd on server now and no need for NewCS on the client side.

Only one MGCamd client need to AU the EMM and this is controlled via the mg_cfg file.

Last edited:
hi guys,
I followed this tread carefully, because my mother account for viashit was closed last outum. She received similar letter from viashit. that she is using card for wrong purposes. she is 67 and lives in lithuania and I had her card at the time in the uk and used in SC.
When she received letter I phoned viashit to ask what the hell they doing off traumatising my mother. they sad that they been ask by videoguard Smart Card Security in Sweden too suspend that card. And if I want more info I have too ring them. So I did. the guy who was dealing whit that case was quite nice. we had a little game of mouse and cat :) . I gave him all that BS about my mother being very old she even don't know how to switch pc on , and pretending than I don't know what means CS or card pirating. the guy explained that he is employed by videoguard Smart Card Security who is looking after all nds card security (viashit , sly,..).and they seen my mother's cards Id used in CS. so they told viashit that card been used in wrong way. and is up to viashit what action to take agains my mum.if it goes to court they say they will provide viashit whit strong evidence supporting their claim.
I never used any boxkey calculator. there is people around who spy.

sorry for my English

Last edited:
hi gays,
I followed this tread carefully, because my mother account for viashit was closed last outum. She received similar letter from viashit. that she is using card for wrong purposes. she is 67 and lives in lithuania and I had her card at the time in the uk and used in SC.
When she received letter I phoned viashit to ask what the hell they doing off traumatising my mother. they sad that they been ask by videoguard Smart Card Security in Sweden too suspend that card. And if I want more info I have too ring them. So I did. the gay who was dealing whit that case was quite nice. we had a little game of mouse and cat :) . I gave him all that BS about my mother being very old she even don't know how to switch pc on , and pretending than I don't know what means CS or card pirating. the gay explained that he is employed by videoguard Smart Card Security who is looking after all nds card security (viashit , sly,..).and they seen my mother's cards Id used in CS. so they told viashit that card been used in wrong way. and is up to viashit what action to take agains my mum.if it goes to court they say they will provide viashit whit strong evidence supporting their claim.

sorry for my English

Your english if fine.......guess we all presume that the gay is a guy :)

hi guys,
When she received letter I phoned viashit to ask what the hell they doing off traumatising my mother. they sad that they been ask by videoguard Smart Card Security in Sweden too suspend that card. And if I want more info I have too ring them. So I did. the guy who was dealing whit that case was quite nice. we had a little game of mouse and cat :) . I gave him all that BS about my mother being very old she even don't know how to switch pc on , and pretending than I don't know what means CS or card pirating. the guy explained that he is employed by videoguard Smart Card Security who is looking after all nds card security (viashit , sly,..).and they seen my mother's cards Id used in CS. so they told viashit that card been used in wrong way. and is up to viashit what action to take agains my mum.if it goes to court they say they will provide viashit whit strong evidence supporting their claim.

sorry for my English

i thought that videoguard was the name of the last encryption used by nds before sky went digital, and that viacces are a different company to nds

nds look after themselfs, and id imagine that viacces would look after themselfs as well, especially in the high money business that is digital technology encryption

viasat use NDS

NDS Group plc the leading provider of technology solutions for digital pay-TV, announced that Modern Times Group's Viasat Broadcasting, a leading digital satellite pay-TV broadcaster in the Nordic region has selected Synamedia(TM), the NDS secure broadband TV architecture. NDS has an existing relationship with Viasat

Last edited:
viasat use NDS

Smart Card Security
VideoGuard® smart card-based conditional access solution is the market leader. It has an unparalleled track record in securing the pay-TV industry’s most successful platforms with the best ongoing defense against piracy.
Most advanced smart card designs. NDS is the only vendor in the pay TV market that has always designed its own smart card security platforms. This ensures the tightest integration between the hardware and software elements, which results in the most secure implementation possible.
Cryptography expertise. The NDS cryptography team includes the world’s leading experts. They select and develop the algorithms used in VideoGuard to protect your service and your content.
Unique customised solutions. NDS customers have a security solution tailored to their business needs, ensuring that efforts to pirate one platform cannot be applied to another platform.
VideoGuard smart cards provide the features operators need:
Security against piracy so you can remain fully focused on expanding your TV business.
Increased loyalty and ARPU because subscribers receive features and flexibility that translate into real value for money and reduce churn.
Wide range of business models, letting operators package and sell more content and services to subscribers, thus maximising content investment.
Roadmap of new applications so your business will always have the latest features that will attract new subscribers and provide ongoing value for money.

i thought that videoguard was the name of the last encryption used by nds before sky went digital

It was known as Videocrypt back then and then renamed to Videoguard which is the proper name for the encryption. NDS is the name of the company producing the Videoguard encryption although the encryption can be refered to by both names.

Its not a common thing for encryption systems to have more than one name for example Mediaguard is also known as Seca.

I have now setup a DM500C as a pure server running NewCS and the DM500S are a pure client connecting to the server. Simple setup .. no need to install MGCamd on server now and no need for NewCS on the client side.

Only one MGCamd client need to AU the EMM and this is controlled via the mg_cfg file.

thank you for taking the time to create the guide mate. :Clap:
some quick questions:
if i was to set up a DM500C as a standalone server then i install just NewCS ?
if i was setting this up on a DM500S in the bedroom, for example, then install NewCS and MGCamd ?
if i want to put card back in $ky box to update entitlements then the client MGCamd config file will have the AU field set to A:{00} ?

some quick questions:
if i was setting this up on a DM500S in the bedroom, for example, then install NewCS and MGCamd ?
if i want to put card back in $ky box to update entitlements then the client MGCamd config file will have the AU field set to A:{00} ?

Having just done it -

1. Yes
2. Yes, as on a server that you want to watch channels on, you need a client. NewCS is purely a server, so MGcamd is needed.
3. Yes - given the uncertainty at the moment - probably the best way.

HIH

RL

some quick questions:

if you dont want mgcamd to update entitlements then yes set AU to 00 - and put card into Sky box once a week

if you do decide to use MGCamd to update entitlements, then only one client needs to be set to AU 01 and the others as 00

For me, the MGCamd updates entitlements so I dont bother with Sky box, but do put it in the Sky box every fortnight

on the client box, you only need mgcamd, you dont need to install newcs

Back