Sky Account Suspended

mannachie

Inactive User
Reaction score
Fecking Sky Tossers!!!!!

I've just come back froma stint working abroad and switched my Sky HD box on to find none of my 'paid for' stuff clearing. Phoned Sky who tell me my account has been suspended pending an investigation into card piracy or misuse and gave me an email addy to contact. Done this and got the following response which, I beleive, is a copy of a letter heading my way ......

Dear Customer

This email is an automated response

We write to inform you that we have recently been forced to cancel your Sky agreement and services.

The reason for this is that we have reason to believe that your account and viewing card have been used unlawfully and in breach of the terms and conditions of your Sky digital subscription contract, specifically in a way that permits the illegal sharing of Sky content. In addition to being a breach of contract, [your] use of Sky equipment in this manner is fraudulent and a criminal offence.

The unlawful use in question entitles us to terminate our agreement with you without notice, which we have done. Any outstanding payments due to Sky under the terms of your digital subscription contract will be taken or raised in the usual way.

We require you to return the viewing card, which is Sky's property, to us using the enclosed stamped addressed envelope.

If you believe that an error has been made or if you have any questions in relation to this, please write to the following address, clearly stating your reasons. Please note that we will be unable to consider any claim of error unless your viewing card is returned to us.

British Sky Broadcasting

c/o Group Security

Intelligence & Investigations Department

Grant Way

Isleworth

Middlesex

TW7 5QD

Sky reserves all of its legal rights in relation to your conduct.

Yours faithfully.

Intelligence & Investigations

BSkyB Group Security

What the hell is all this about ................... ??????

basically they suspect you of cardsharing.
make them aware that you have been working abroad and that your box has been switched off at the mains for the duration.

basically they suspect you of cardsharing.

But what leads them to that conclusion?? The card has sat in a powered down box in an un-occupied house for the last 5 weeks. Is it because the bix was not powered up and thus not connected via the telephone line??

But what leads them to that conclusion?? The card has sat in a powered down box in an un-occupied house for the last 5 weeks. Is it because the bix was not powered up and thus not connected via the telephone line??

yes pretty much exactly that. they were not able to see the card on their network and they jumped to the conclusion that it was not in it's box. stupid reasoning i know but we are talking about sky here.

and please before every one jumps on this thread saying, " but my card has not been in my sky box for over a year " dont bother. i dont want to hear it.

Write a letter to the CEO, send it registered, or email him, they dont like it when you do that, they come back all apologetic.

email address removed, if you want to pm it to the op feel free but please dont post email addresses on the forums

Last edited by a moderator:
I rang sky a few weeks ago, as I got a strange phone call from somebody trying to sell insurance, now, my phone lines have been inactive for months due to switching from BT back to cable, and nothing was mentioned, they just confirmed I had two HD boxes and paying a huge amount of money every month to them.
Saying that, will probably get turned off tomorrow now!!!

mate, do you have a multiroom sub?

You'll hopefully get compensation mate; you can easily prove you were on holiday from your travel documents

If its not multiroom any your not still bound by the interactive discount (think its 12 months after install if they provide the box) then there is no reason why you need to have a phone line connected at all !

There are no terms/conditions forcing you to connect a phoneline in the above circumstances (I specifically asked about this when I contracted as I do not have a suitable phoneline in the vicinity of the box).

If its not multiroom any your not still bound by the interactive discount (think its 12 months after install if they provide the box) then there is no reason why you need to have a phone line connected at all !

There are no terms/conditions forcing you to connect a phoneline in the above circumstances (I specifically asked about this when I contracted as I do not have a suitable phoneline in the vicinity of the box).

yes bear in mind however, even such things as adding a HD sub to a say 2 year old setup will start a new 12 month contract.

hi,

I found this forum by googling the first line of that letter, my brother in law has gotten one the same.

i will tell you why they have suspended your account, it is because you have been sharing with some guys who been running payserver and they have got your card informations from that.

has nothhing to do with you box not been conected to phonline.

i will tell you why they have suspended your account, it is because you have been sharing with some guys who been running payserver

Did you even read his post ? The card was left in the Sky box ,how could he be sharing ?

hi,

I found this forum by googling the first line of that letter, my brother in law has gotten one the same.

i will tell you why they have suspended your account, it is because you have been sharing with some guys who been running payserver and they have got your card informations from that.

has nothhing to do with you box not been conected to phonline.

if you read the op's thread he stated that he was away working and his box has been switched off all that time. if you believe him ( and i have no reason not to ) he has not taken part in any CS server ring,

yes i read what it says. but that sound like BS to me as an google search of the posters user name will show that he is very well clued with the goings on of sharingg cards and running servers. at the end of tha day it doesnt matter what is said here the poster knows why he has been suspend.

i mean no disrepect to anyone but there isnt many point in pretending to oneself is there?

yes i read what it says. but that sound like BS to me as an google search of the posters user name will show that he is very well clued with the goings on of sharingg cards and running servers. at the end of tha day it doesnt matter what is said here the poster knows why he has been suspend.

i mean no disrepect to anyone but there isnt many point in pretending to oneself is there?

well i dont know the OP so i can not comment on weather he is telling the truth or not. however i can say this, i know my way around a CS server rather well but i dont share any card and never will.

well i dont know the OP so i can not comment on weather he is telling the truth or not. however i can say this, i know my way around a CS server rather well but i dont share any card and never will.

i dont know him eyther pheonix but i do know that they do not suspend you for you not have box connected to phone. they want your subs money to much to do that. they will only suspend you when they have hard evidense that card has been abused by sharing to others.

again i mean no disrespect to anyone.

i dont know him eyther pheonix but i do know that they do not suspend you for you not have box connected to phone. they want your subs money to much to do that. they will only suspend you when they have hard evidense that card has been abused by sharing to others.

again i mean no disrespect to anyone.

Got to agree here as some installers dont even bother with a phone line connection for non multiroom installs. so the not connected to a phone line reason is tosh.

Yes your right he certainly knows his way around cccam and motorized systems

Digital World Forums - Search Results

but he has no reason to lie

Yes your right he certainly knows his way around cccam and motorized systems

Digital World Forums - Search Results

but he has no reason to lie

so is it just by chance that everyone who is receve this letters is expert on c ard share? think about it.

as i say before it doesnt matter what is said here and it dosnt matter what i think but the poster will know why this has happened i think.

Back