Should claimants be paid vouchers to stop spending on 'vices'?

Are they saying it's only for "problem families"?

No benefits for beer and drugs | UK | Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express

If that's the case then I can save them millions in consultancy fees and studies for this card system by suggesting that the families are presented with a menu. They chose the stuff they want and then it's delivered to them. No special cards, terminals or back end system needed just a delivery bloke. See, I created jobs too!

Are they saying it's only for "problem families"?

No benefits for beer and drugs | UK | Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express

If that's the case then I can save them millions in consultancy fees and studies for this card system by suggesting that the families are presented with a menu. They chose the stuff they want and then it's delivered to them. No special cards, terminals or back end system needed just a delivery bloke. See, I created jobs too!
I like it spectre its fool proof Here is your Aldi food for the week oh and here are a few clothes from Primark now fook off see you in 2 weeks it's brilliant mate. :)

Lets be honest here.
1. Has asked ministers to look at and draw up plan - Minimum 1 year prob 2 after so called consultations
2. Change in law - another 6 months to 1 year
3. Computer systems by the governments world renowned it experts lol lol lol lol - 5 years and then scrapped ?
4. Pilot trials
5. Nation wide roll out.
I think this would only effect our grandchildren at this rate so yeah bring it on ffs. These lot will be gone next election and so the circus will start again.

Every-time Iain Duncan Smith opens his mouth, he makes himself into an even bigger TIT than he is.

This idea would probably work well for mp's expenses but then again one rule for one & another for others. Ironic that the biggest scammers are thinking of introducing measures to try to protect the public purse.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Its funny how all these feckers know all the loopholes over here mate. Yet genuine people over here get fook all.

Thats because the Government and the Lottery Funds finance Romanian/Polish/Nigerian/Asian/etc Advice Centres who then tell them what, where and how to claim.
Yet the rest of us are expected to use CAB (who have had their funding cut) who when approached will tell you they have an appointment available in 8 weeks time to see some volunteer who has just come in to help out and knows eff all.

Makes perfect sense for them to use nds or any other newscorp card as they have such an outstanding reputation( hope everyone gets my sarcasm).

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Thats because the Government and the Lottery Funds finance Romanian/Polish/Nigerian/Asian/etc Advice Centres who then tell them what, where and how to claim.
Yet the rest of us are expected to use CAB (who have had their funding cut) who when approached will tell you they have an appointment available in 8 weeks time to see some volunteer who has just come in to help out and knows eff all.
Then the CAB ask what wages you are on and then tell you to pish off you are earning 10.00 over your budget and we cannot help you. That is what happened with the bloody tax credits I used to get.Its a glorified loan that they will want back off you eventually. :(

Then the CAB ask what wages you are on and then tell you to pish off you are earning 10.00 over your budget and we cannot help you. That is what happened with the bloody tax credits I used to get.Its a glorified loan that they will want back off you eventually. :(

plz explain more, iv been awarded working tax credits, what do i need to be aware of, and if its going to cost me in the long run

plz explain more, iv been awarded working tax credits, what do i need to be aware of, and if its going to cost me in the long run

m4rkyw I will try to explain the best I can. Tax credits are good when you are getting them but the tax people can get things wrong which is what happened to us. It's called tax credit overpayments this means at the end of the year the tax office may/could have overpaid you through not fault of yours. You fill your tax form in declaring your annual salary and then they work out how much you receive. After being on this scheme for a while I received a letter through the door from the inland revenue stating they have overpaid us by 5000.00 pounds and they want the money back. Disputing will not help much you have no option but to set up a direct debit so they can claw this money back of you. I am now paying back 100.00 pound per month back to the inland revenue for the next 5 years. That was the end of me claiming tax credits ever again. It is nothing but a loan so be careful and look at your end of tax year form and look for any overpayment owing. They will not remind you they will let it build up and up. I know friends of mine owe 10,000 to the taxman through no fault of there own.
http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/leaflets/how-hmrc-handle-txcr-opay.pdf
Are there anyone else on DW that has fallen in to this trap?

OK Miggy whats the difference between benefits and tax credits?
You did not seem happy with lazy benefit claimants but have received large sums in tax credits your self.
In fact that large that $5k was overpaid.

OK Miggy whats the difference between benefits and tax credits?
You did not seem happy with lazy benefit claimants but have received large sums in tax credits your self.
In fact that large that $5k was overpaid.

I was on a low income wage so to top it up we was entitled to tax credits on the advice of the CAB. You seem to think I have it in for everyone on benefits? how wrong you are only the scrounging barstewards with fook all wrong with them is what I am talking about.

Back