Should claimants be paid vouchers to stop spending on 'vices'?

Australian Prime Minister Julia Gillard

Australia says NO -- Second Time she has done this!

She sure isn't backing down on her hard line stance and one has to appreciate her belief in the rights of her native countrymen.

A breath of fresh air to see someone lead. Australian Prime Minister does it again!!

The whole world needs a leader like this!

Prime Minister Julia Gillard - Australia

Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday to get out of Australia, as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks.

Separately, Gillard angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by saying she supported spy agencies monitoring the nation's mosques. Quote: 'IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT... Take It Or Leave It. I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali , we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians.'

'This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom.'

'We speak mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society, learn the language!'

'Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian, right wing, political push, but a fact, because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.'

'We will accept your beliefs, and will not question why. All we ask is that you accept ours, and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us.'

'This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great Australian freedom, 'THE RIGHT TO LEAVE'.'

'If you aren't happy here then LEAVE. We didn't force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted.'

Ok here is another example, motorway tax. A specially designed motorway lane for the rich to put two fingers up at you. Can you not see what is happening here with this Government eventually it will be like the old times only the rich can afford cars you either walk or get a bike. Food rations was out years ago it didn't do that era any harm did it?. It would certainly cut obesity down. Now about your back if you had your illness recorded at the Doctors then fair play what is the problem it's a genuine illness isn't it?. I had a neighbour you could tell it was benefit day he took his crutches out with him. When he got back he threw the crutches in the doorway grabbed his fishing tackle and then disappeared for the weekend.

Mate TBH I think we do basically agree. The 1st part of your post tells me that much. As for the 2nd part of your post - Yes again I agree there are people taking the piss. BUT and this is the DWP's own figures the believe fraud is running at 0.5%. 1 in every 200 claimants. It is a tiny proportion of the benefits bill. It unfortunately would cost more to police than we would save.
There is a lot wrong going on all around us. As for my bad back of course I was signed off by the doctor but it means nothing these days. You are still looked upon as if you have deceived your doctor ect ect. And more alarmingly doctors are now being overlooked in the bid to cut the benefit bill. My solution would be for each claimant of ESA to be examined by there own doctor who gets paid out of the government coffers (Sound familiar ? ) doctors figures could and should be scrutenised and if the figures found to be too high investigated and the so called patients re-tested. This would make soft touch doctors think twice before signing that cert especially if they were faced with some sort of sanction themselves if found to be incompetant ect.
Eventually we would be at a stage where we would be left with only genuine ESA and disability claimants were receiving the payment. But im afraid this would never suit government agenda not this government nor it seems any of the others.
As for other parts of the benefit system - Well once again it needs fixing for sure. But private companies IMHO have no place in what should be a state run thing. Human nature dictates where there is profit there will be greed and fraud.
My brother has just come out of work after 3 years. Has the SIA badge but TBH isnt the brightest when it comes to the written word ect. Not stupid just not really capable of putting together a reasonable CV ect. He was up front with them at the job centre about this problem (No big deal plenty like him around) and asked for help to prepare an updated CV so that he would be straight back into employment without much of a gap. Their response ? We can't help you with any of that until you have been unemployed 6 months +. Diabolical as xmas time is a busy time for security industry. Just one real life example of the broken profit driven system (After 6 months he will be passed to an agency who will get a nice fee for assisting him back to work). Anyway I have done his CV now and he has got a job even though temp it will see him through xmas ect. Bunch of useless cnuts.

MDT has made an excellent point about employers paying a working wage instead of being subsidised by the Government/TaxPayer. It is the same as always the Rich get Richer and the Poor get Poorer and the Poor pay for it all.
I worked for nearly 40 years before being in the situation of being on benefits, I only want to be able to claim what I am entitled to after having supported and contributed to the system without being stigmatised and made to feel like a liar and scrounger.
The working class need to stick together and preserve the benefits system to enabl it to do what it is meant to, but we also need to support efforts to get the Real Scroungers and Fraudsters off the system.
But in doing this we should not be targeting the genuine cases. Go down any DWP JobCentre in the country and even the most naive person could point out several scammers, enter any of the nearby pubs and you will no doubt find several others. Watch near any parking areas close to the office and you will see even more turning up in expensive motors..............I saw one in my area park up a Ferrari before going in !
These are the ones that need targeting.

Australian Prime Minister Julia Gillard

Australia says NO -- Second Time she has done this!

She sure isn't backing down on her hard line stance and one has to appreciate her belief in the rights of her native countrymen.

A breath of fresh air to see someone lead. Australian Prime Minister does it again!!

The whole world needs a leader like this!

Prime Minister Julia Gillard - Australia

Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday to get out of Australia, as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks.

Separately, Gillard angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by saying she supported spy agencies monitoring the nation's mosques. Quote: 'IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT... Take It Or Leave It. I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali , we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians.'

'This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom.'

'We speak mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society, learn the language!'

'Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian, right wing, political push, but a fact, because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.'

'We will accept your beliefs, and will not question why. All we ask is that you accept ours, and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us.'

'This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great Australian freedom, 'THE RIGHT TO LEAVE'.'

'If you aren't happy here then LEAVE. We didn't force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted.'
So why can they not take that attitude here in the UK?. Any foreigner that is over here giving there contribution to this Country is most welcome. Chippies, corner shops,, restaurants all welcome all very much needed, anybody else who does not prove they are a valued member of this Country should pish off back to where they came from.

So why can they not take that attitude here in the UK?. Any foreigner that is over here giving there contribution to this Country is most welcome. Chippies, corner shops,, restaurants all welcome all very much needed, anybody else who does not prove they are a valued member of this Country should pish off back to where they came from.

Google Labour and immigration policy 1997.

Google Labour and immigration policy 1997.

Yes I know they think it's good for the economy,but do we have any evidence/proof of what valuable part they are playing here in the UK though? apart from the obvious shops ect what else do they provide?. Take the Poles for instance they are happy with £4.00/£5.00 per hour so we have to follow there example why?.It's our bloody Country.Good people are out of work now thank's to this because they cannot survive on such a low wage hence jump on the benefit bandwagon.

Google the speech supposedly made by the Aussie PM and you will find it is false.
As for Working Tax Credits being a "loan", this is also false. Claimants are aware that their tax credits are based on the previous tax year gross earnings.
They are awarded an amount which will be paid partly as a lump sum followed by monthly/weekly payments. If you are already earning substantially more than the amount you declared there will be an overpayment unless you inform them which you are legally bound to do so.
If whilst claiming WTC you start banging in the overtime,"working 7 days a week sometimes" the overpayment could be everything that has been paid out to you. You have through your own choice earnt more than the threshold for being eligible for WTC.

I see little difference between someone banging in the overtime whilst claiming tax credits and the guy on benefits who is working on the side. Both are taking taxpayers money that they are not entitled to. Only difference is that the tax credit claimer won't get away with it.

Yes I know they think it's good for the economy,but do we have any evidence/proof of what valuable part they are playing here in the UK though? apart from the obvious shops ect what else do they provide?. Take the Poles for instance they are happy with £4.00/£5.00 per hour so we have to follow there example why?.It's our bloody Country.Good people are out of work now thank's to this because they cannot survive on such a low wage hence jump on the benefit bandwagon.

Labour never thought it would be good for the economy. A house of lords study concluded that there weren't many if any benefits to immigration (Google it I'm on a phone). Labour lost interest in the common person after they lost private sector trade union funding.

Last edited:
Google the speech supposedly made by the Aussie PM and you will find it is false.
As for Working Tax Credits being a "loan", this is also false. Claimants are aware that their tax credits are based on the previous tax year gross earnings.
They are awarded an amount which will be paid partly as a lump sum followed by monthly/weekly payments. If you are already earning substantially more than the amount you declared there will be an overpayment unless you inform them which you are legally bound to do so.
If whilst claiming WTC you start banging in the overtime,"working 7 days a week sometimes" the overpayment could be everything that has been paid out to you. You have through your own choice earnt more than the threshold for being eligible for WTC.

I see little difference between someone banging in the overtime whilst claiming tax credits and the guy on benefits who is working on the side. Both are taking taxpayers money that they are not entitled to. Only difference is that the tax credit claimer won't get away with it.
7 days a week could be rare in some cases you are helping the boss out to get the jobs out on time. You will pay more tax because of this so the Inland Revenue get there cut as well.Guy on benefits will pay no tax at all due to low wage. the working man pays his tax twice once for the overtime and then screwed again at the end of the Year just for what? for helping the economy out, shall we say.Is that fair?

7 days a week could be rare in some cases you are helping the boss out to get the jobs out on time. You will pay more tax because of this so the Inland Revenue get there cut as well.Guy on benefits will pay no tax at all due to low wage. the working man pays his tax twice once for the overtime and then screwed again at the end of the Year just for what? for helping the economy out, shall we say.Is that fair?
Again miggy you are not really helping the economy out by working in a low paid job that either pays little tax or actually results in a net gain from the tax man - in the form of the various tax credits. You ARE helping you and your family and most of all your employer because he/she/they are getting your services at a much lower cost than they should. If you are a full time worker then imho you should in this world have a living taxable wage. Their should be NO need for any top up form the government in any form. Any other system is a false economy. TBH I just can't get my head round it. I mean before min wage came in we had people on <£1 per hour without top ups, how did we end up here ? I still blame greedy landlords for a very large % of the problems.

Inflation is the only way out of this crock of sh*t....

...sometime soon the powers that be are gonna get the message - fiat driven economies require inflation, or a different monetary standard.

As I've said before, dump bonds, don't buy annuities and keep your cash well spread!

When the Working Tax Credit and Child Tax Credit system was introduced there was a gap of almost a year between its introduction and the ending of the Tax Allowances that it replaced, so the "year in hand" had already been worked.
So although the Credits are worked out on the previous years earnings and paid the next year, any increase in earnings should not affect the Credits until the next year.
Inform HMRC that your income is increasing and the Credits are stopped immediately, inform them that your income has decreased and it's a completely different story. They will inform you that the Credit is based on last years income and so you are not entitled to an increase to cover the reduction.
So if that is the case, then why does an increase in income have an effect the Credits being paid ? After all your Credits are being paid on the previous years earnings, which as I stated before were worked for a "year in hand"
You are expected to know what your Tax Credit levels should be but HMRC don't even know how to work them out properly.

basic rule to win a war is divide & conquer them that you want to control, the tories have manipulated that through the media to great affect without much opposition from joe public, thanks miggy an D 8 RCS for the info on WTC, i will NEED to do OT, if i dont ill be unemployed again after my 3 month trail period so think ill inform them asap to avoid any pitfalls, i feel no shame in receiving WTC, iv paid into the system for alot of years before being unemployed, all the mp's each can claim ridiculous expenses for meals daily that costs more than my weekly WTC, the honest are poor an the crooks are rich, seems like crime does pay

I think it's a great idea, I'll pay someone on the dole half price cash for their card, i get my shopping in for cheap and they get to spend my cash on booze. They get there drink, I get cheaper shopping, everyone's a winner! :LOL:

My points earlier were to let miggy know that not all claimants are lazy or cheats.
He didn't like it when being accused as he works and does his bit.
But so do many others.

He never mentioned that they were. I totally agree with you manic but I'm not sure where you got that idea from? Maybe I missed something? :)

Back