Should claimants be paid vouchers to stop spending on 'vices'?

Why would you want to introduce a system that is going to cost the taxpayers even more though ?
It is biting your nose off to spite your face.
The First way we could reduce benefit payments is in relation to recent migrants, and that would be to pay them the same benefit they would receive in their home country.
Also on the housing front, if you have made yourself homeless you are not entitled to council housing/benefit. Did those migrants live in a property in their home land ? If so they have made themself homeless..............So they are not allowed council housing/benefit.
The DWP could do a lot more in identifying the leadswingers just by looking at many of the claiments outside the benefits office, you would have to be deaf and blind not to be able to identify them. Instead they employ ATOS to bully genuine sick and disabled off of benefits they really need.
If you have the misfortune to become ill or are made redundant and have to visit the DWP for the first time you will soon realise that you will be the ones that are harassed to get off benefits..................probably because they know that you are genuine and have worked and contributed and so will make the extra effort to get off benefits and not complain about being messed about and so improve their performance levels.
If only they would put the same effort into getting the scroungers back to work.

to stop stuff like this

and if you are limited by not working , maybe it will get at least some people to work.

tbh i do not see how a voucher system would work or be of benefit to anyone yes there are scroungers out there but there are some genuine people who either are down on their luck or unforeseen circumstances see them in the situation they are in
yep agree that we should not be paying for kids not in this country and yes we should stop immigration till this country gets back on it's feet and no we should not go to the extremes of kicking all not whites out thats stupid
i myself would be included on such a scheme and have no vices i dont drink take any drugs unless given by the doc i smoke but roll ups and that is all i do
so in a short sentence
no to the voucher crap and think of a better long term solution instead of short term fix's

Who are these people on 50k+ per year in this Country? and are there are jobs vacant there. This is a good point, however what does it have to do with rationing food over here. What you are going to get is people on benefits/food tickets stocking up with food and selling it to the working man in exchange for fags and booze. Nothing bent about that just survival. This food ticket system will definitely not work. Its another way of fiddling the average working man.

would our goverment cluster bomb a city with a few terrorists amongst the honest pupulation to kill a few bad guys,, no,,,, will they cut needed benefits or sanction their benefits for weeks including the honest people that depend on them to survive,,,, yes they already are at the drop off a hat for being late or missing appointments, being late is something every one of has done or will do again, missing an appointment isnt a good thing but cutting off benefits without warning is a disgrace,, my elderly neighbour aged 68 will be moved out her home next year if she cant pay £47 from her pension to pay the bedroom tax on a home where she paid her way and raised her family and has lived there 50 years, jesus,, come on ffs..
the system needed sorted but the way its being done will Absolutely hit millions of people caught up in this greed caused recession through no fault off theres.
wot gets me about this thread is yous are all booting people who cant defend their selfs, while the big money theiving bstards are left alone, theres alot of intelligent members on here so why is the pitence off the benefits system compared to the money scandals including the robbing mp's being kicked an battered, cause yous feel as if your better than them and they are nothing maybe?? , im not digging at an insult but come on the goverment have got you doing their job by insulting millions off pple who are on benefits, thus making there draconian reforms a hell off alot easier to implement so well done too the sheep off the Torys that wee are.

just my experienced view from someone who spent the last 3 years unemployed through absolute no other reason than cuts up until a few weeks ago, so wot i wrote is based on knowledge and not a rant, if i had no experience i would have kept it zipped

Last edited:
would our goverment cluster bomb a city with a few terrorists amongst the honest pupulation to kill a few bad guys,, no,,,, will they cut needed benefits or sanction their benefits for weeks including the honest people that depend on them to survive,,,, yes they already are at the drop off a hat for being late or missing appointments, being late is something every one of has done or will do again, missing an appointment isnt a good thing but cutting off benefits without warning is a disgrace,, my elderly neighbour aged 68 will be moved out her home next year if she cant pay £47 from her pension to pay the bedroom tax on a home where she paid her way and raised her family and has lived there 50 years, jesus,, come on ffs..
the system needed sorted but the way its being done will Absolutely hit millions of people caught up in this greed caused recession through no fault off theres.
wot gets me about this thread is yous are all booting people who cant defend their selfs, while the big money theiving bstards are left alone, theres alot of intelligent members on here so why is the pitence off the benefits system compared to the money scandals including the robbing mp's being kicked an battered, cause yous feel as if your better than them and they are nothing maybe?? , im not digging at an insult but come on the goverment have got you doing their job by insulting millions off pple who are on benefits, thus making there draconian reforms a hell off alot easier to implement so well done too the sheep off the Torys that wee are.

just my experienced view from someone who spent the last 3 years unemployed through absolute no other reason than cuts up until a few weeks ago, so wot i wrote is based on knowledge and not a rant, if i had no experience i would have kept it zipped

M4rkyw...Whoah there M8! I don't think we are, been on this thread from the beginning. I'm more than happy to pay my bit to help out peeps who are genuinely struggling - as I think most peeps on here are - it's the freeloaders that cause the problems. Remember, even people on benefits suffer if freeloaders milk the system...

all benefits should be paid onto a card no cash at all everywhere takes cards now so no problem. I see benefit cheats working on the side every day you only need to open your eyes they are everywhere. making people use a card would show where the money was going and how its spent, yes some would buy food and sell it to buy booze and fags but they would have to sell the food cheap which would force them to smoke and drink less and make cheap food available for people who really need it.

I'm surprised they are looking at it considering how much duty they get on baccy and booze.

So there you are stuck in a supermarket queue in your lunch break and ten people are in front of you using there cards. Half an hour later your dinner hour is almost over. Riveting ffs :(

So there you are stuck in a supermarket queue in your lunch break and ten people are in front of you using there cards. Half an hour later your dinner hour is almost over. Riveting ffs :(

I believe this happens in the US where they have these cards. People trying to purchase stuff they can't have on the card etc.

It's been mentioned in this thread earlier and has always been one of my main gripes.
Here goes
If you are let in this country and have contributed nothing, you should get nothing!
If we must tolerate this eu crap then pay as stated in earler post only the amount your birth country pays you if out of work.
ie if craotian and unemployment is £10 a week, then it should be £10 for them here.
This country is being bled dry by those who have contributed feck all.

I believe this happens in the US where they have these cards. People trying to purchase stuff they can't have on the card etc.

Exactly mate unless they bring out working class checkouts which is just plain ridiculous or is that what this Government want?. This card system will not work.

It's been mentioned in this thread earlier and has always been one of my main gripes.
Here goes
If you are let in this country and have contributed nothing, you should get nothing!
If we must tolerate this eu crap then pay as stated in earler post only the amount your birth country pays you if out of work.
ie if craotian and unemployment is £10 a week, then it should be £10 for them here.
This country is being bled dry by those who have contributed feck all.
Won't the racist card be played then manic01?

Feck the racist card mate.
Too many people are struggling in this country through no fault of their own while others bleed it dry.
I installed a sat system other month for and iraqi chap who was a friend of a friend.
He has 42" 3d tv, 3 bed house wife and 3 kids, can't speak fluent English and his wife no English at all.
Hes come here and had it all given to him.
I can't even sign on and receive job seekers allowance when I have no work as my wife works and I am self employed and pay wrong ni contributions.

all benefits should be paid onto a card no cash at all everywhere takes cards now so no problem. I see benefit cheats working on the side every day you only need to open your eyes they are everywhere. making people use a card would show where the money was going and how its spent, yes some would buy food and sell it to buy booze and fags but they would have to sell the food cheap which would force them to smoke and drink less and make cheap food available for people who really need it.
So the person working on the side spends his benefit money on food/utilities and then spends his other ill gotten gains on fags/booze and drugs lol. It's just simply unworkable. It really depresses the f**k out of me to see the working class turn on each other like this. Our forefathers would be spinning in their graves ffs.

this quote is so true
Then they came for me and there was no one left to speak out ...

Why would it be worse waiting a in line at the checkout it's just as quick to pay by card and they are already shopping anyway not sat in the pub drinking and smoking are they ?.

I can't believe the amount of poor excuses not to use a card system. Just give me one real reason and I will agree, Otherwise I as a tax payer deserve to know how my money is being spent/squnded !!

Why would it be worse waiting a in line at the checkout it's just as quick to pay by card and they are already shopping anyway not sat in the pub drinking and smoking are they ?.

I can't believe the amount of poor excuses not to use a card system. Just give me one real reason and I will agree, Otherwise I as a tax payer deserve to know how my money is being spent/squnded !!
I am sick of being stuck in some queue waiting for some clown to pay by card only to realise his card doesn't work. So you fill your nice little trolley up with your food voucher goodies get to the check out and they then tell you that you have over spent?. How is it going to work? how do you know how much to put in your trolley without over budgeting? and looking a prize prick in the shop.

Chip and pin check card balance at a cashpoint most working people can manage to do this as wages are normally paid into the bank. I would imagine most unemployed people understand how to check a balance before going shopping or am I missing something.

Chip and pin check card balance at a cashpoint most working people can manage to do this as wages are normally paid into the bank. I would imagine most unemployed people understand how to check a balance before going shopping or am I missing something.
That's just giving some of these lazy barstewards work to do they don't want to be pishing about with banks and counting money, and besides the DHS will know there business then won't they? and how can they fiddle then?.

fecking hell nxt it will be "if your on the dole" you cant walk on a certain side of the road. cant ppl see this is only to stir trouble between normal folk. and take away the hatred away from the goverment feck ups

Back