Should claimants be paid vouchers to stop spending on 'vices'?

There was nothing wrong with you, you just had a low paid job.
Not my job to subsidise your employer paying crap wages is it?
2 sides to every coin mate.
What the fook is that supposed to mean?. Why should other people sponge of the system with nothing wrong with them. Yet you complain about me being on a low wage?. Do you work for the inland revenue or something? at least I am working for a living.

There was nothing wrong with you was there?
You see you don't like it when others accuse you of sponging do you.
Quite happy to dismiss all other claimants as lazy sods.
And no I am not on the dole or ever have been mate.

There was nothing wrong with you was there?
You see you don't like it when others accuse you of sponging do you.
Quite happy to dismiss all other claimants as lazy sods.
And no I am not on the dole or ever have been mate.
I was working ffs doing my bit for society How the fook can you call that sponging man. Sometimes 7 days per week as well.

Doing nothing for society mate, doing it for your self.
If you were working 7 days a week and still needed to claim tax credits it must of been a paper round or similiar.
Thats just fu**ing pathetic I really don't know what the fook your problem is at all. I will leave this conversation now before I say something I really regret. All the evidence was there about my income they calculate what you are entitled to and that's it. I now have to pay it back through no fault of my own.

comes on guys take a chill.....tis the season of goodwill :xmas:: happy :and users

TBH I totally get where manic01 is coming from. Don't take it personal miggy. It is a fact that there is much more spent on in work benefits than out of work benefits. Now im not going to google the figures ect but it was something like 90% of the welfare bill went to people in work or receiving pensions. The other 10% was spent on out of work benefits.
The governments and the media have been on this campaign for a few years now. What they have done is turned the working classes against each other while the real fraudsters and IMHO criminals/culprits sit there laughing their arses at us/you arguing over the scraps.

I mean to be fair I dont receive child tax credit/working tax credit/housing benefit/council tax benefit/family allowance. Why ? Because I am an electrician who isn't married nor do I have kids. my misses don't want kids and tbh im not arsed either way. I have a german shepherd that I could do with tax credits for but I dont see anything coming my way. And yet if/when I am out of work I would get £70 per week and be labelled as workshy/feckless/scrounger ect ect. It's ok for people to say AH but you have paid into the system. Well I can tell you now there is no difference at all. We both claim the same benefits and stand in the same line at the job centre and get treated and looked upon in the same way as someone who has been out of work since birth.
So yeah why the heck should I pay for other peoples life choices if they begrudge me a few £ if and when my work dries up or heaven forbid I injure myself at work and try to claim ESA - That would make me a whole new type of scrounging scumbag wouldn't it ?
BTW I am not having a go really about the people who get ALL these benefits that I don't/am not entitled to. I am just showing that there is a flip side to every argument. I believe in society so I really do not begrudge ANYONE their benefits. But I do despair when I see people being so easily hoodwinked by successive governments and the diabolical media campaigns that have been launched successfully against the most desperate and vulnerable in society.

OK Miggy whats the difference between benefits and tax credits?
You did not seem happy with lazy benefit claimants but have received large sums in tax credits your self.
In fact that large that $5k was overpaid.

To be fair to miggy he was entitled to his tax credits and his main gripe in this thread is people who are getting benefits that they are not entitled to.

TBH I totally get where manic01 is coming from. Don't take it personal miggy. It is a fact that there is much more spent on in work benefits than out of work benefits. Now im not going to google the figures ect but it was something like 90% of the welfare bill went to people in work or receiving pensions. The other 10% was spent on out of work benefits.
The governments and the media have been on this campaign for a few years now. What they have done is turned the working classes against each other while the real fraudsters and IMHO criminals/culprits sit there laughing their arses at us/you arguing over the scraps.

I mean to be fair I dont receive child tax credit/working tax credit/housing benefit/council tax benefit/family allowance. Why ? Because I am an electrician who isn't married nor do I have kids. my misses don't want kids and tbh im not arsed either way. I have a german shepherd that I could do with tax credits for but I dont see anything coming my way. And yet if/when I am out of work I would get £70 per week and be labelled as workshy/feckless/scrounger ect ect. It's ok for people to say AH but you have paid into the system. Well I can tell you now there is no difference at all. We both claim the same benefits and stand in the same line at the job centre and get treated and looked upon in the same way as someone who has been out of work since birth.
So yeah why the heck should I pay for other peoples life choices if they begrudge me a few £ if and when my work dries up or heaven forbid I injure myself at work and try to claim ESA - That would make me a whole new type of scrounging scumbag wouldn't it ?
BTW I am not having a go really about the people who get ALL these benefits that I don't/am not entitled to. I am just showing that there is a flip side to every argument. I believe in society so I really do not begrudge ANYONE their benefits. But I do despair when I see people being so easily hoodwinked by successive governments and the diabolical media campaigns that have been launched successfully against the most desperate and vulnerable in society.
So should we all give our jobs up then and do fook all then?. after all it's only fair, if the slackers can do it why not join them.

I don't really think miggys got a problem with anyone on benefits when they are genuinely needed, more a problem with people who decided to make it a life choice and who won't get up and even attempt to look for a job. There's a big difference.

I don't really think miggys got a problem with anyone on benefits when they are genuinely needed, more a problem with people who decided to make it a life choice and who won't get up and even attempt to look for a job. There's a big difference.

Thank you jamesy my point exactly. :)

I can understand where Manic01 and GoogleBot are coming from, but they have misunderstood Miggy's view unlike JamesyboyJim and Wiz569.
Having communicated a few times with Miggy, I can assure you he does NOT decry any genuine person on benefits and with his own personal situation has good experience to speak on the subject.
So despite what appears to be people with different opinions I believe all the named posters above actually believe that the benefit system is there to help those that need it, but there is a core of people who abuse and defraud the system and those people need removed from the system.

this thread is making me think about giving up work and claiming benefits, is this the effect it's supposed to be having?

i want some of my money back instead of handing it out to foreigners that come here just because they know they can take the piss here.

i'm ashamed to say this but i think i'm becoming racist......NO...to many foreignist (is that a thing?)
every time i walk through my British town the language i hear the least is English

Right, it's time to go back home so we can look after our own.

the employers are just as much to blame imo... why would they pay you £8/9 per hour when they know they can pay you minimum wage and the goverment will top your wage up. regarding tax credits i myself 2 weeks after being made redundant recieved a letter off the tax credits office saying i owed them £800 as they overpaid me 2 years before... how they came to that conclusion when i took great pains to make sure that the tax credit form was filled in with the figures spot on down to the nearest £1 is beyond me. ive not got a problem with being in low paid work as long as i can pay my bills,feed/cloth myself and save a little bit every month as im not a greedy bastard like some mp,s ect. ive no one to blame but myself for being on the bottom rung of the ladder as i spent my youth in a drug fuelled stuper when i should have done trade or something but it has to be finacially worthwhile working. why should a foriegn national with wife and 3 kids who sits on his backside all day be better off than me who works 40hrs a week,. dont get me wrong there are plenty of foriegn nationals who contribute to society and mingle with uk citezens but alot of them cant speak english and stay in their little corners and bleed the system dry.also if your fleeing for your life from a warn torn country ect you get to the nearest safe country and claim asylum, yes? no you go through 7/8/9 different countrys and come to the uk as you get a free house,medical care and £300 a week of the soft touch uk goverment. regards mdt

plz explain more, iv been awarded working tax credits, what do i need to be aware of, and if its going to cost me in the long run

m4rkyw, as Miggy has already said there is a very high probability that HMRC have made an "error" with (not just yours but many others on a daily basis) the Working Tax Credits and they may well inform you at some later date that you have been overpaid and MUST pay them back (there are numerous forums dedicated to just this problem.
On the very 1st year WTC's were introduced I suffered a similar fate to Miggy and this was dispite me writting and telling them at the start I believed they were wrong and my award was too much. They replied saying they had checked and the award was correct. Only for them to demand repayment 9 months later !!!!
Fortunately I had taken copies of the forms I had completed and also any communication I had with them (make sure that if they phone you to tell them you will only communicate in writting). Even with this written proof it took another year before they agreed with me that the overpayment was their fault and therefore did not require repayment.
However, despite then having a letter stating it was their fault and I did not have to repay the money, every year after that for about 8 years I received notice of this repayment being required and did not stop until I threaten to involve the BBC programme WatchDog.
By the way I never applied for Family or Working Tax Credits after that 1st year for fear of being in debt to them again, so they more than got their money back anyway.
As I have already stated on this thread the genuine honest people will always be targetted because they are the easy target. So make sure you keep copies of anything HMRC send you and perhaps even ask if they can confirm that your award is correct.

im not saying miggy has got a problem with genuine claimants. But how does miggy or any other person for that matter tell who is genuine and who isnt ? A couple of years ago I had sciatica and was off for more than 6 months. I got income support and got about £80 ish per week. I had to jump through hoops to get it. So going by the fact that the bad back brigade is a current target of this government and the media then I would therefore be looked upon as a lazy scumbag ?
I just don't get the fact that people claiming benefits are looking down their noses at people claiming benefits ? Low paid workers getting subsidised by the sate ? WHY ? Why should they be ?
The problem is Employers are getting away with paying below a living wage. Benefits dont need to decrease. wages need to increase. It's unsustainable. Like I said earlier people getting their knickers in a twist about out of work benefit claimers when in reality they represent a very small part of the benefits bill.
Why should I pay for a toilet cleaner to stay in central London ? It don't benefit me does it ? The big business and employers need to start being forced to pay a living wage. Landlords need to be forced to price their properties at a realistic market value. We line the pockets of the rich and greedy directly through these benefits. Its the workers benefits who cost the most.
Back to the op - So you will all be happy to stand in the new benefits queue at the supermarket and pay for your goods using your new card ? Or do you want a 2 teir system ? It will be interesting when the Universal Credit comes in and almost all benefits are paid under the same system. Claim benefits ? Universal credit. No jobseekers no esa no housing benefit. All universal credit. So are we still happy with this new system ? As always for most its always a bloody great idea until it effects YOU personally. Then you get the OMG I paid my £20 per week tax blah blah blah. Well some of us pay a shed load more than that and don't complain. Some of us can remember paying 30% gross of our pay packet to the taxman and if we went above 16,000 the mr taxman took anything upto 60%. But yeah all tax payers are so hard done by now. Its enough to make me puke tbh.
At least back in the day we all stuck together as the working class. Showed a bit of solidarity and compassion to our fellow man.
MIGGY I am not having a go at YOU directly mate. I am just trying to say everything is not all black and white. We are all fighting each other while the true culprits sit in their mansions and laugh. Anyway I have siad enough now. sorry for the rant. please don't take any of my comments personally or to heart.

im not saying miggy has got a problem with genuine claimants. But how does miggy or any other person for that matter tell who is genuine and who isnt ? A couple of years ago I had sciatica and was off for more than 6 months. I got income support and got about £80 ish per week. I had to jump through hoops to get it. So going by the fact that the bad back brigade is a current target of this government and the media then I would therefore be looked upon as a lazy scumbag ?
I just don't get the fact that people claiming benefits are looking down their noses at people claiming benefits ? Low paid workers getting subsidised by the sate ? WHY ? Why should they be ?
The problem is Employers are getting away with paying below a living wage. Benefits dont need to decrease. wages need to increase. It's unsustainable. Like I said earlier people getting their knickers in a twist about out of work benefit claimers when in reality they represent a very small part of the benefits bill.
Why should I pay for a toilet cleaner to stay in central London ? It don't benefit me does it ? The big business and employers need to start being forced to pay a living wage. Landlords need to be forced to price their properties at a realistic market value. We line the pockets of the rich and greedy directly through these benefits. Its the workers benefits who cost the most.
Back to the op - So you will all be happy to stand in the new benefits queue at the supermarket and pay for your goods using your new card ? Or do you want a 2 teir system ? It will be interesting when the Universal Credit comes in and almost all benefits are paid under the same system. Claim benefits ? Universal credit. No jobseekers no esa no housing benefit. All universal credit. So are we still happy with this new system ? As always for most its always a bloody great idea until it effects YOU personally. Then you get the OMG I paid my £20 per week tax blah blah blah. Well some of us pay a shed load more than that and don't complain. Some of us can remember paying 30% gross of our pay packet to the taxman and if we went above 16,000 the mr taxman took anything upto 60%. But yeah all tax payers are so hard done by now. Its enough to make me puke tbh.
At least back in the day we all stuck together as the working class. Showed a bit of solidarity and compassion to our fellow man.
MIGGY I am not having a go at YOU directly mate. I am just trying to say everything is not all black and white. We are all fighting each other while the true culprits sit in their mansions and laugh. Anyway I have siad enough now. sorry for the rant. please don't take any of my comments personally or to heart.
Ok here is another example, motorway tax. A specially designed motorway lane for the rich to put two fingers up at you. Can you not see what is happening here with this Government eventually it will be like the old times only the rich can afford cars you either walk or get a bike. Food rations was out years ago it didn't do that era any harm did it?. It would certainly cut obesity down. Now about your back if you had your illness recorded at the Doctors then fair play what is the problem it's a genuine illness isn't it?. I had a neighbour you could tell it was benefit day he took his crutches out with him. When he got back he threw the crutches in the doorway grabbed his fishing tackle and then disappeared for the weekend.

Back