Shoot UK teacher, say protesters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive read the majority of the comments on here, its good to see everyones views and thoughts on the teddy and religion in general, not everybody is going to agree with each other, that would be boring if we did....

I feel alot of people think a lot of muslims are delusional and terroists, and the media does portray them this way a lot and although its probarly the fasting growing in recruiting terroists, one terrorist group in my mind stands out more than any!!.....

Joseph Kony, a lot of people haven't heard of him and his army the Lords resistance army (lra) who base they movement on the christian bible and the ten commandments! Hes abducted over more than 10,000 children. a group that hasn’t blown up US office towers or bombed Jordanian hotels, but has still killed more people than Al Qaeda, Hamas, and Hizbullah combined. The fight has been going on over 10 years and still Kony is free today, although peace talks are in process i think this is just a ploy to buy time to re-coup is scattered army. Why don't you see this on the news? These children have been raped, tortured and forced to kill their loved ones. Jan Egeland, the UN Under-Secretary-General for Humanitarian Affairs, describes Northern Uganda as “the world’s terrorism epicentre." Why isn't anybody helping them? What happened to the so called fight on terrorism? You saw us go to afghanistan and iraq in a flash!

I like to beleive in god but i feel religion is absolute bull shit!

Religion is continued by the activism of the people. People want a sense of meaning, a sense of purpose, a sense of belonging, a sense of identity, a reason to be. These are God-given desires. Religion offers a false-fulfillment of these desires. Religion repeatedly encourages people to become more involved, more active. Involvement, commitment, dedication -- these are the hallmarks of religion. Religion fosters a fixation, a so called duty, an obsssion, an addiction to religious activties, explaining the imprtance to be actively engaged in the activities in order to please God, and for the good of the whole -- never admitting that it is primarily for the good of the religious authorities!

God is an active God, and He wants to act in us by the expression of His character and persona. But when any men, or group claim that they are the directors of Gods activity and that they have discerned what God wants to do in you, how God wants you to act, then thats religious activism.

Now I am in no way implying that religion is the sole cause for all of the world's upheavals as the reasons for them are many. What I am saying is that religion does more to divide diverse people than it does to unite them.

When someone holds a belief so tight that they think that people who do not hold the same belief are wrong, then that belief ceases to be a personal belief and becomes religion.

--teddy bear

To all of the people who make blanket assumptions about Islam based on stories like this... these people are not typical of the average Muslim, im not Muslim my self but im smart enough to know this. Has i said earlier this is activism of the people!

Beg to differ I know a school where they only serve halal meat mostly asian children the other children have no choice yet in the school I work in the asian children are not made to eat our food but have it special made for them

OK, but how does having halal meat effect non-Muslims in that school. It doesn't at all.
Halal meat is the same as normal meat. The only difference is that there is a certain sequence in the way the animal is slaughtered.

you see the hatred that non-muslims have towards muslims.

the true colours of a non-beliver on this board is showing its true colours

I dont hate muslims I am just saying what I think but a lot would say back to you what about the hatred muslims have to non muslims it goes both ways you know muslims are not perfect just as non muslims are not perfect either If they had just quietly told her to rename it none of this would have happened

how the f*ck you going to educate them,what do you think that teacher was doing over there.
Yes, how can you blame people for being born in a poor country, where they cant be educated to think sensibly and moderately.

OK, but how does having halal meat effect non-Muslims in that school. It doesn't at all.
Halal meat is the same as normal meat. The only difference is that there is a certain sequence in the way the animal is slaughtered.

The difference is the children dont have a choice in that school they have to eat it wether they want to or not in my school they have a choice and can you imagine the outcry would be if we said sorry they dont have a choice like it or lump it . What do you think would happen oh yes I know we would be on the news and in the papers . Some things are one sided here you know wish people would just admit it

Closed
so will any further threads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back