Shoot UK teacher, say protesters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baaheeduk

Inactive User
Reaction score
In a house with lots of alcohol on the go!!
Thousands of people have marched in the Sudanese capital Khartoum to call for UK teacher Gillian Gibbons to be shot.

Mrs Gibbons, 54, from Liverpool, was jailed by a court on Thursday after children in her class named a teddy bear Muhammad.

She was sentenced to 15 days for insulting religion, and she will then be deported.

The marchers took to the streets after Friday prayers to denounce the leniency of the sentence.

The protesters gathered in Martyrs Square, outside the presidential palace in the capital, many of them carrying knives and sticks.

Marchers chanted "Shame, shame on the UK", "No tolerance - execution" and "Kill her, kill her by firing squad".

Hundreds of riot police were deployed but they did not break up the demonstration.

Story from BBC NEWS:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/1/hi/world/africa/7121025.stm

Published: 2007/11/30 13:12:14 GMT

© BBC MMVII

It's so pathetic, I feel like I'm watching a live monty python sketch.

it`s only because she is a westener,i mean for f*cks sake she didn`t even name the bear.

It's so pathetic, I feel like I'm watching a live monty python sketch.
I know, You lose faith in humanity. You dont see Chrisitans of even Jehovas witnesses calling for people to be shot.

Its a very aggressive way of thinking. I thought all religions premote peace?

I'm probably wrong....

I know, You lose faith in humanity. You dont see Chrisitans of even Jehovas witnesses calling for people to be shot.

You've obviously never come across some of the hard core Christian fundamentalist cults (usually US based) who think it perfectly acceptable to exterminate anyone who doesn't have their beliefs. Muslims are by no means the only religeous group to have hate mongers attempting to manipulate them.

Your right nozzer and I can honestly say I spent quality time with some Christians & Muslims alike but never with a Jehovas Witness or Mormon for that matter.

Probably led by one or two, and the rest of the sheep followed. Fooking stupid if you ask me, she shouldn't have been jailed to start with. Then they're saying she's gonna be deported after her 15 day sentence!! You think thats gonna do their tourist trade any good???

hug em all

While some agree, please dont set everyone off ;)

digidude

Last edited by a moderator:
i spend a lot of time talking to the jehovas witnesses when they call to the girlfriends house, shes too soft to tell them to hop it, so i always end up talking to them for about 3 hours, which only makes things worse as they come back lol, but they have some messed up ideas about life and the way things are panning out

ask a JW what they think of muslim extremists, i was as shocked as hell when the subject the one day came round to that and the way the conversation went

Just watched the news, saw the crowd prophet MuHAMmad. my foot, living proof Darwin was right we did descend from apes.and you are correct This does get more disturbing by the day?

Just watched the news, saw the crowd prophet MuHAMmad. my foot, living proof Darwin was right we did descend from apes.and you are correct This does get more disturbing by the day?

We did descend from apes, I became civalised, they never.

i see this thread becoming a slagging match like the previous one.

when this teddy incident dies out there will be another similar incident here in the UK or somewhere else in the world and the banwagon will once again start rolling.

its the norm nowadays bashing the islamic faith.
the media just flames the fire even more.

peace

:Cheers:

fook me I didnt realise this was becomming a slanging match....

I wont say another word,,,

@ seedy thanks for pointing that thread out m8.

Don’t really know what all the fuss is about really? She got 15 days for calling a teddy with a name that’s so dignified and respected in that country. She should of known better far as I’m concerned. Maybe it was an innocent mistake hence she only got 15 days in jail. She surely won’t make the same mistake again.

For those of you that don’t know it is an insult to make an image of the prophet Muhammad (pbuh) in any way. So naming a teddy Muhammad can be considered as making an image of the prophet. Doing that in a Muslim country wasn’t right and a crime which she is paying for now. 15days in jail was a light punishment, which makes me think that the courts must of thought she done it because of her naivety.

Even in the film Muhammad: The Last Prophet (2004) the main character could not be portrayed because it is not allowed in anyway what so ever to portray prophet Muhammad (pbuh) in any way what so ever.

I hope people will understand my post in the right way. Thanks

no i dont understand your post,she did not name the bear the kids did,it`s all because she is a westener
Don’t really know what all the fuss is about really? She got 15 days for calling a teddy with a name that’s so dignified and respected in that country. She should of known better far as I’m concerned. Maybe it was an innocent mistake hence she only got 15 days in jail. She surely won’t make the same mistake again.

For those of you that don’t know it is an insult to make an image of the prophet Muhammad (pbuh) in any way. So naming a teddy Muhammad can be considered as making an image of the prophet. Doing that in a Muslim country wasn’t right and a crime which she is paying for now. 15days in jail was a light punishment, which makes me think that the courts must of thought she done it because of her naivety.

Even in the film Muhammad: The Last Prophet (2004) the main character could not be portrayed because it is not allowed in anyway what so ever to portray prophet Muhammad (pbuh) in any way what so ever.

I hope people will understand my post in the right way. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back