San Fran - What ROM you on?

im not sure the bus overclock shows in tests ive just run it with and without, setcpu and no setcpu, and scores across the board where virtually the same.

but again the running with overclock jf rom is quicker in hand than the stock jf rom.

and it is noticeable on my phone.

so test scores with and without jf overclock rom around the same

test results with and without overclock jf rom and setcpu around the same.

so i can only draw from that the bus overclock doesnt show in tests well at least on my phone but i will say again even though the test return similar results the overclock jf rom is faster.

im going to have to investigate further to see if bus does actually have an impact on these tests or whether the tests only test the cpu itself.

JJ is quick anyway... I noticed that my menus looked slicker and quicker after installing Launcher Pro.

overclocked to 710Hz and got 550'sh and could tell the difference in the menus, but, considering that this type of setup sucks power out of the battery like Rooney does out of United, then I just don't think it's worth the trade off.

I'll leave the AHB addon image running to see if it effects the battery over the other clean JJ image.

JJ is quick anyway... I noticed that my menus looked slicker and quicker after installing Launcher Pro.

overclocked to 710Hz and got 550'sh and could tell the difference in the menus, but, considering that this type of setup sucks power out of the battery like Rooney does out of United, then I just don't think it's worth the trade off.

I'll leave the AHB addon image running to see if it effects the battery over the other clean JJ image.

yeah its a quick rom but i have noticed that the overclock jf rom is faster than the stock jf rom.

scrolling and loading times....im not saying seconds because they dont take seconds to open anyhow but they deff open quicker a scroll quicker/smoother.

you know what i mean its hard to explain but when a phones in hand you
notice differences.

still going to look into the bus thing and whether that shows in the tests as i got no increases acording to the test but as i keep repeat (broken record lol) its quicker with overclock jf rom (for me).

Might just be psychological mate, happens all the time on the hacking scene; thinking you're better off with a certain mod where the difference is bare minimum, so bare minimum infact that the only difference is in your head lol...

Might just be psychological mate, happens all the time on the hacking scene; thinking you're better off with a certain mod where the difference is bare minimum, so bare minimum infact that the only difference is in your head lol...

i wish that was the case..it would explain it away, but no this rom is deff faster on my phone.

no lagging screens ect... and on normal jf rom i sometimes get that.

the bus investigation is still on my to do list at some point.

Well good luck with that... I don't trust it so am going to revert back!!

Just found out today that apparently support for Japanese Jellyfish has been dropped! Will have to keep an eye on the other ROMS and see if some of the other developers step up to the plate. I've asked the question on Modaco, just waiting for a more senior member to confirm it but this seems to be the word on the street at the moment.

Started using seb's de-crossed rom instead of JJ9,it seems to be faster and more stable,
it also turns off the wifi automatically when you lock the phone or the phone goes into sleep/standby mode,and thens turns it back on when you unlock/wake it up :)

have tried jellyfish rsl9 overclocked, which I liked, now got flb froyo r8a on it, this seems nice and stable, both sort of similar, froyo as a reboot option which I could be wrong but I couldn't find in jellyfish.

Exciting news guys (well, OK, whatever floats your boat!!), in the next few days there will be an OFFICIAL CyanogenMod 2.3 Gingerbread release for the San Fran. This release was started and helped along by the devs at modaco.

Apparently there will also be an offical Orange 2.2 over the air update available for people on the 2.1 stock ROM on Wednesday. Some people take this info with a pinch of salt, but seems like there are too many rumblings which must indicate the San Fran will now be shipped with 2.2 with O-the-A 2.2 update available in the immediate future.

You can OA update the original stock ROM software by going into setting and clicking check for updates (it's in there somewhere under one of the menus.)

For the rest of us though, 2.3 CyanogenMod (CM7) is apparently a very cool thing with some really nice built-in functions and options. I read Angry Birds runs with no jitters on the San Fran on one of the beta releases.

Bought one today & running sweet with Jellyfish RSL9. Only had it for a few hours but VERY impressed so far. Thanks for the recommendation chaps after I broke my Samsung.
HH.

using the same image with no problems,,,,,,,,cyogen nighlty builds i was getting to many errors

I got 2 of these with jj9 on then. Waiting for this to be sorted as there seems to be a lot of hype regarding cm7

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Just a wee update on this in case anybody's looking for new firmware. My Jellyfish rom was getting a bit tired so after a look over @ Modaco I plumped for 'Moldovan-Mile-High-Mountain-Pie-RLS9-TPT'. Takes it up to 2.3.5 & seems great so far, a whole 6 hours in :nerner: no bugs to report yet. Phone seems a bit snappier & has probably extended how long I'll keep it as I was itching to change it.
HH.

ive tried loads of them, infact i spend more time messing with the roms than using the phone for its intended purpose. im currently using one called fish and chips (available @ modaco) and it seems pretty nippy but then again most of them are now.

Back