Couple of Questions on Cyanogen mod - you must have clockwork mod recovery installed?

dibbers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just picked up a San Francisco. nice! makes a welcome change from the old nokia.

It's got Cyanogen on it as i can see it when it boots, thing is I never thought and quickly pulled the 2 gig memory card out and plopped a 16 gig one (plan was so i could install the apps and that to the memory card rather than the phone memory)

Any way, I'm sure there was a menu icon that would allow you to have a look at the processor and tweaks and things like that?

Of course i have a feeling that maybe it was installed on the memory card and i've removed it! (don't say put it back in as for some un-known reason i put the 2 gig in the nokia so it formatted it all under the nice nokia settings not!)

I have a "rom manager" icon and when i select that I see "you must have clockworkmod recovery installed" when ever i try and select any thing in there, for example partition the SD card for use with apps etc.

Any way, over the moon with the phone, got a good deal already patched so there was no orange bloatware on there, just need to get my head around the roms and the like.

I could contact the kid that I bought it off but I want to learn my self....;)

Cheers man

Never really tried cyanogen but you could head over to modaco there's a big following for OSF/blade over there that could pdobably help you more.

Gotta admit its a cracking phone for the money and I'd still have mine if I hadnt of got a decent upgrade price for the SGS2

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Re: Couple of Questions on Cyanogen mod - you must have clockwork mod recovery instal

Thansk for that mate, it would seem that it was "user error" (as ever!) and I wasn't looking in the right place for it.

Just need to have a play with it over the next few days and mess on with all the options and the like (not the rom mannager though, I don't want to break it!)

Re: Couple of Questions on Cyanogen mod - you must have clockwork mod recovery instal

Thansk for that mate, it would seem that it was "user error" (as ever!) and I wasn't looking in the right place for it.

Just need to have a play with it over the next few days and mess on with all the options and the like (not the rom mannager though, I don't want to break it!)

you shold be able to make a back up of your current setup using rom manager, then if you do mess with something you shouldn't you can always restore it

copy the contents of the 2gb onto the 16gb mate it will save you teh hassle

Sorry for the late reply our networks been down all morning as some one smashed an ethernet connetion and then tried to fix it by bending all the pins together.

Any way, If I go to "rom manager" any thing I click on says ""you must have Clockworkmod recovery installed before continuing. Install the recovery through ROM manger first"

There's an option to format the SD card, "Partition your SD card to enable installation of applications to the SD card"

Sorry for the late reply our networks been down all morning as some one smashed an ethernet connetion and then tried to fix it by bending all the pins together.

Any way, If I go to "rom manager" any thing I click on says ""you must have Clockworkmod recovery installed before continuing. Install the recovery through ROM manger first"

There's an option to format the SD card, "Partition your SD card to enable installation of applications to the SD card"

The first option in Rom Manager should allow you to install clockwork mod recovery dibbs,
but your phone will need to be rooted first :), Try it and see m8

his phone is rooted and has clockwork mod installed, it has something like 5.0 on there yet as iirc rom manager will try and install 2.x or 3.x, does it not say something about if you have already manually installed it or something, just going off memory like!

if ya want apps to sd just grab the apps2sd app from the market mate, its free, although not all apps can be moved to the sd but most apps can be, saves clogging your phone up and leaves plenty memory!

cool, it's not a problem like, I'm just playing with it like! ;)

It's because I'm messing on aint it! lol....all working great like, It was late last night when I posted this......I was just trying to back up the ROM (for what reason I don't know...lol) and that's when I seen that message that it wasn't intsaled which then got me onto thinking it was installed on the memory card that I removed.....

So I was thinking that the ROM was installed on the memory card you see, how ever it would appear not and that it's "rooted" (I'm learning so the BIOS of the phone it's self has been written with the new CFW...)

Last edited:

dont need apps to sd on cyanogenmod mate you can move near everything bar the market and the rom manager to the sd

All seems good so far, just got to find a "sms from PC" that's good and isn't too much hassle, going to make a cup of coffee and have a look around again.

I'm a little hesitant when in ROM manger, So might just leave it all be as I don't want to mess with it and break it (for once!) you know that saying, "if it ain't broke...."

Until I get my head around it that is...! ha!

Sygic guider i think it is, works mint - God I hate that nokia I had!

dont need apps to sd on cyanogenmod mate you can move near everything bar the market and the rom manager to the sd
how do ya do that then mate, i never knew that iv always just used apps 2 sd!

na been using cyanogenmod for a while back now, it will let you move even facebook and googlemaps along with everything else

na been using cyanogenmod for a while back now, it will let you move even facebook and googlemaps along with everything else
im gunna have to have a look now try and find it, lol!

ahh that was easy its settings, cyanogen settings, application, and allow application moving, then change the install location to external from the next setting down! ;)

im gunna have to have a look now try and find it, lol!

I think if you go into settings-applications and then click on the particular one you want to move it will then give you the option to move it :)

ah at last an app that allows me to send text messages via "gmail chat" "outlook" or "google chrome" happy days.

You can send from any of the above to the persons phone and if you get a text you can have an email, POP up, or chrome icon! happy days, back to work now...at last some thing that works that you can send text messages from your PC with no more fiddling with keyboards and predictive text any more....
:)

desksms3.jpg

desktopsms1.jpg

desksms2.jpg

and one last question, I still am not sure what to do when I get the message,

I have a "
<acronym title="Read Only Memory" style="-webkit-box-shadow: none !important; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; border-image: initial; border-bottom-style: dotted; border-bottom-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); cursor: help; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); text-align: left; ">rom</acronym>
manager" icon and when i select that I see "you must have clockworkmod recovery installed" when ever i try and select any thing in there, for example partition the SD card for use with apps etc.

I wouldn't mind getting all the options that you see working like, in this video if you scan to the 10 minute mark then his just goes straight into rom manager......

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited by a moderator:

just click it and choose install 3.xxx whatever it is mate, it wont harm your device, shud bring up your device name and tell you weather theres a cwm for your device, if it hasnt then just accept that you already manually installed it, because it has been... iv not watched the video but have you got the premium version of rom manager as ya cant really do much unless its the premium version

Back