San Fran - What ROM you on?

Utopie

Inactive User
Reaction score
Just loaded Jellyfish onto it becasue it seems quite popular, but for me it has trouble connecting to my Wi-Fi router, whereas the stock Orange ROM didn't! The one for Modaco members looks alright, but you need to pay £10 for premium membership to get access to it.

Anyone here recommend a ROM... Thinking about just reverting to stock ROM and taking a lot of the Orange crap off it...

From Bro in a recent PM.
download
Blade Wifi Fix

from the apps market as sometimes they lose wifi connection and this is supposed to solve it
See if that fixes it.

don't think it will mate, that' just to wake the wi-fi up when you wake the phone... mine won't connect full stop! Thanks anyway...

what version of jellyfish do you have,,,,mine is RLS8 and is working fine here :proud:

Sorted mate. I needed a slightly better signal for it to connect, just held it up in the air hen I OK'ed the key code :proud:

Found wicked app called WiFi Anylizer. It looks at all the wifi signals in your area, how them on a graph, and star grades the wifi channels. I was on a channel overlapping with a few of the neigbours and it recommended channel 1 or 14 was best for me... Switched the router to channel 1 and getting a good sig now, lol.. wicked...

I'm a bit daunted by Android so far... There are so many apps and millions of possible set ups... I feel a bit lost with it all...

sweet,have u got applanet on it,advanced task killer ,tapatalk,all good to start of with and apps2sd

just flashing Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 now

RLS9 -2011-01-24
  • Compiled 2.2 versions of Contacts and ContactsProvider from AOSP source. Fixes join/split of contacts but you'll lose group support and the ZTE dialer codes. Use addon if you prefer the old versions.
  • Changed automatic brightness to go as dark as the Chinese 2.2 build.
  • Fixed charging LED to work like in 2.1 builds.
  • Added IPv6 privacy options to /system/bin/userinit.sh. Edit userinit.sh if you for some reason do not want this.
  • Added examples on how to set min and max frequency in userinit.sh (for advanced users).
  • Replaced Mms.apk and SpareParts.apk with versions I compiled from AOSP source. (propably no difference at all)
  • Fixed the original FM Radio problem in kernel and re-added the original ZTE FM Radio app (unmodified version).

just flashing Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 now

RLS9 -2011-01-24
  • Compiled 2.2 versions of Contacts and ContactsProvider from AOSP source. Fixes join/split of contacts but you'll lose group support and the ZTE dialer codes. Use addon if you prefer the old versions.
  • Changed automatic brightness to go as dark as the Chinese 2.2 build.
  • Fixed charging LED to work like in 2.1 builds.
  • Added IPv6 privacy options to /system/bin/userinit.sh. Edit userinit.sh if you for some reason do not want this.
  • Added examples on how to set min and max frequency in userinit.sh (for advanced users).
  • Replaced Mms.apk and SpareParts.apk with versions I compiled from AOSP source. (propably no difference at all)
  • Fixed the original FM Radio problem in kernel and re-added the original ZTE FM Radio app (unmodified version).
does this rom seem decent mate, just on modaco now having a butchers about, seems a popular rom this!

yes the one before seemd ok to me so this should be better with more fixes :proud:

Mate, I've just got my jelly fish running smoothly, is it worth the ball ache of changing to this one? I'll head over to modaco for a look too...

Mate, I've just got my jelly fish running smoothly, is it worth the ball ache of changing to this one? I'll head over to modaco for a look too...
if your gunna change it mate download titanium backup, saves alot of the ball ache if your gunna be changing roms all the time!

running smoothly lol,think i must flash mine twice a day lol

A smoothly running frisco is a beautiful thing, lol...

Got me health and fitness apps on screen 5, general apps on 4, clock ONLY (no apps) on main screen 3, power and google widgets on 2 and my annaly retentive app on screen one...

FECK! 2 flashes a day mate, lol...

The updates don't seem major enough to warrent a reflash to me...

Would titainium back up restore ALL my apps and settings if I did flash Bro?

if your gunna change it mate download titanium backup, saves alot of the ball ache if your gunna be changing roms all the time!

Does it back up everything: all my apps, settings, contact etc? Anything it doesn't backup and restore?

you can back up and restore with the clockwordmod recovery ,,,i first used it to backup phone before i flashed over the orange software,then flashed a custom rom,then went back into clockworkmod recovery and restored with the orange backup and all the app was there

giz five mins will restore again an check lol,trouble is i dont think i downloaded anything extra with the orange software,just unlocked the flashed lol

Last edited:
Does it back up everything: all my apps, settings, contact etc? Anything it doesn't backup and restore?
theres different things you can backup with it mate, only used it once in all honesty, but it does backup your apps and data, not sure about contacts but you can sync them with google and then resync them back to any phone when you restore or whatever!

you can back up and restore with the clockwordmod recovery ,,,i first used it to backup phone before i flashed over the orange software,then flashed a custom rom,then went back into clockworkmod recovery and restored with the orange backup and all the app was there

giz five mins will restore again an check lol,trouble is i dont think i downloaded anything extra with the orange software,just unlocked the flashed lol
just restored and was lying,there are loads of apps on which definatly aint what orange put on lol

well, just read this... "When updating to RLS9 from RLS8 a full wipe is not needed but you must wipe data from the three Contacts related apps and resync your contacts. If unsure, do a full wipe.<!--colorc--><!--/colorc-->"

I'm on 8 so that's something anyway!! Might give it a flash then...

just restored and was lying,there are loads of apps on which definatly aint what orange put on lol

lol, I think you have to do a data and factory wipe in clockwork if you are flipping from a 2.2 to a 2.1 or visa versa OR if instructed so in the instructions... Is this why you have loads of apps showing?

lol, I think you have to do a data and factory wipe in clockwork if you are flipping from a 2.2 to a 2.1 or visa versa OR if instructed so in the instructions... Is this why you have loads of apps showing?

no i think before i messed about flashing it i downloaded astro file manager and put it on then phone and then some COUGH free apps.......installed clockworkrecovery later on and backed up orange system for safe keeping :proud:

Back