New Spiderbox - What are thoughts on this box?

This is truly a box for the spoon fed in amongst our hobby.

Its fine if you dont wanna do anything and then cry when it stops working and you aint got a clue what to do because you never learnt.

I prefer to get me hands dirty myself.

hi guys, my opinion is most of the newbies who are asking about these types of server connecting boxs are people who have already lost there cable or who are jumping ship now before the n3 switchover and as such havnt got a clue about the full workings of c/s(me being one of them) and as such just want a box that you buy and plug in without being to technical. i understand that by saying if you dont do it yourself you will never learn and if you want to set up a incoming and outgoing system thats fine but most of the people dont. iam in no way affiliated to a**** and d****** but it seems to me that everyone seems to be constantly slagging off the S*****box before its even got going properly. i think we should just stick to the technical side of things and stop name calling and let people make there own choices on the technical side of things and not whether joe bloggs bought a box 3 years ago that didnt open what it was supposed to for as long as it should and so on. i think everyone should chill as after all we are supposed to be helping each other. anyway thats my 2pence worth and thanks for your patience.:Clap:

from what ive read m8, nobody is actually slagging off the hardware of the receiver, if anything, everyone who has said anything about the box itself, has said its really good value for money.

but

a LOT of people also know how these 'special offers' work, and a LOT of people (including myself) have been stung by one of them.

if something seems to good to be true, and its on special offer, then you can guarantee that people will be left out of pocket and let down. the support will be zero, and the excuse will be 'beyond our control' ive been watching it happen year after year for years

any posts with complaints are deleted, and the member banned and ends up stuck with equipment that they cannot use

digitalworldz will help out spiderbox owners where we can, i havent got one so cant really offer much help, but in about 10 months time (maybe earlier), id be willing to bet money on it, that DW has an influx of spiderbox owners looking for servers and help as the original support site banned them for complaining about the server they used to be able to connect to

once bitten, and all that :)

...i think everyone should chill as after all we are supposed to be helping each other...
Yes, thats why you will read both sides of the story. You make up your own mind on the outcome, but at least you can read the truth. If you see it as 'slagging off' the box, its only your opinion I'm afraid. Technical or not, the truth is found here.

hi guys, my opinion is most of the newbies who are asking about these types of server connecting boxs are people who have already lost there cable or who are jumping ship now before the n3 switchover and as such havnt got a clue about the full workings of c/s(me being one of them) and as such just want a box that you buy and plug in without being to technical. i understand that by saying if you dont do it yourself you will never learn and if you want to set up a incoming and outgoing system thats fine but most of the people dont. iam in no way affiliated to a**** and d****** but it seems to me that everyone seems to be constantly slagging off the S*****box before its even got going properly. i think we should just stick to the technical side of things and stop name calling and let people make there own choices on the technical side of things and not whether joe bloggs bought a box 3 years ago that didnt open what it was supposed to for as long as it should and so on. i think everyone should chill as after all we are supposed to be helping each other. anyway thats my 2pence worth and thanks for your patience.:Clap:

If the boxes can be purchased from elsewhere other than ***** shop and you have your own sever to use then its not a bad box to get however I'm with Digi and Pinki on this one.

fair play guys, and i respect yours and most peoples opinions is just that i was getting the impression on this forum and another well known one that people seemed to be ganging up on the member "bobi", we all know who he is and as such i didnt like what i was reading. i have never purchased anything of a**** as personnally i find them a bit expensive and as such have never been stung or let down and banned by them. i have taken onboard what you guys have said. it seems that the so called gift+++ is whats causing all the contreversy on the forums and as such my opinion is they should have just said nothing and just sold the box with the connection built in like the protek/nanoxx/maxx/opensat/inno and so on or just sold it as a sd or hd stb with the possibilaty of connecting to a cccam/newcamd server or setting your own up like the dm and so on. , im rambling on now so ill leave it there. cheers

I respect the opinions on here and its good too hear the good and bad side of spiderbox and other companies, but alas it was being hinted the spiderbox seems very simple/newbie friendly perfect for people like me.

Im hearing alot about protek/nanoxx/maxx boxes and whats freely open and amazed it can do all that, but cant the spiderbox be also patched and see all the same channels thats open too say the proteck/nonoxx/maxx ?

Then from this point we can still assume Spiderbox will still be a good box ?

The only thing that would kill my above suggestion is if someone mentions the price, but perhaps theres a trade off ie proteck 60 quid and spiderbox sd box 130 quid with gift.

I know if Spiderbox can open the same channels as proteck box for the extra 70 quid on that A++ gift.... hey that just maybe good value if it last more then a few months !

the protek 9600 server is still running, and has been for quite a while now

different boxes connect to different servers, and the trade off is that the more a server offers, the more people want to connect to it, the more people that connect to it, the slower it gets for everyone connected

so while the ***** server may offer plenty on paper, like any other server, once it hits a critical level of connections, the whole lot just becomes a grinding mess of freezing pictures

from what ive read about the spider box though, you can also add your own lines for use with cccam or newcamd protocol servers, so youre not tied to the one that the box providors give you, but again, the 'gift' is the main selling point of these receivers

out of interest, has anyone with one of these boxes tried the 'gift' config lines in a dreambox or other linux receiver?

im now thinking ahead of myself, and may buy one just to see if the gift will work that way, as itd work out about £11 a month over a year for access to all those channels via my existing equipment

hi digidude, concerning trying the the spiderbox a+++ gift config lines on say a dreambox or tm600 i dont think its possible but i might be wrong!

hi digidude, concerning trying the the spiderbox a+++ gift config lines on say a dreambox or tm600 i dont think its possible but i might be wrong!

if you have the option of buying the box with or without the 'gift' then all they are doing is opening a slot on a server for you, so really speaking, any receiver that uses cccam or newcamd could use the info to access this slot would clear the channels

you may have to manually extract the information in some way, but if its in there, then its possible to get it out and try it

i extracted a line from a receiver a few months ago, that i was told was impossible to get at, and was tied in by MAC address of the receiver and all that crap, it took me 3 hours and i had everything from the 'tied' receiver opening on my DM800

where theres a will and all that lol

for those interested in a spiderbox, a good friend of mine sells them listed £40 cheaper than other places as well ;)

http://www.satfooldeals.com/spiderbox_5000_sd.html

tell him i sent you ;)

Last edited:
i thought i knew a fair bit about about these things but after all looks like i know nothing, ah well at least im learning.:Clap:

I checked that site satfooldeals but the spiderbox is exactly the same price as al***s price ? thought it was 40 quid cheaper lol

Im still very tempted too go Spiderbox Sd and try it as my 1st attempt into satelite tv, even if I can pick up the same channel line up as say a protek box id be happy and go for it, the A+ is just bonus, is there anyway too confirm it can open up similar line up too Protek for sure ?

my mistake rp3x, sorry, when i looked at a**** i didnt read it properly, and saw that the 169 listed one comes with homeplugs as well

without the A+ gift the spiderbox is just a FTA receiver. ill see if i can find out exactly what a protek opens (i sold my one without even taking it out of the box about 3 months ago lol) and then you can compare the 2

The 5000sd is £129 with dudes friend, while a-sh-t are £119 arent they? I make it £10 more.... how come we are all doing maths different? :)

without the A+ gift the spiderbox is just a FTA receiver. ill see if i can find out exactly what a protek opens (i sold my one without even taking it out of the box about 3 months ago lol) and then you can compare the 2[/QUOTE]

And DD it works perfectly mate cheers LOL - mind you I tend to use my TM500.

The protek opens everything that is shown here which includes Sky Germany.

Onlinelist

Have to say for the price very good value for money. The MAXX boxes are cheaper but apparently are not guaranteed to connect to the server whereas the protek will.

Hope this helps.

I'm sure you were able to get the box without the gift for £160 when this box was released. It appears other sites are selling them at £189 with the gift only.

my mistake rp3x, sorry, when i looked at a**** i didnt read it properly, and saw that the 169 listed one comes with homeplugs as well

without the A+ gift the spiderbox is just a FTA receiver. ill see if i can find out exactly what a protek opens (i sold my one without even taking it out of the box about 3 months ago lol) and then you can compare the 2

nps I got excited when I thought it was 40 quid cheaper, tbh I dont even mind paying just too get the best deal :)

If anyone does know if spiderbox opens up similar or same as protek id be greatful, I know there was some darkman patches saying its now opening up more channels and free...
I tried to word out a similar question but it was quickly deleted on there forums lol

satfools was selling the hd box + gift for £163 a couple of weeks ago plus p&p. good deal as the spec of the box is actually very good.

ive just checked last weeks spiderbox patch readme file:

VIAccess and Biss channels by Patch
Vaiccess - Biss channels Open Hotbird -Astra

all france channels
absat
art
jsc
Sodisfaction
and more , NileSat 7°W -
These are the channels that run on NileSat 7°W (Pelha & ART) -
Atlantic Bird 5°W (BisTV)

NO need Internet request for those channels.

Is that me or does it sound like theres no need for internet/router access also its picking up pretty much same as protek/maxx is ?

Back