### \/irgin+ v2.1 Lite (fta) Image!! ###

:Clap: Thanks very much for your hard work - I'll give this ago tomorrow.

geordie

OK- but if any of you guys who are new to this image intend an educational test using all three softcams, be sure to read my post #113 in this thread first, please.

There's a small update patch to install...

Cheers- AL :)

I miss the teletext plugin, i have the tuxtext files but where would i put them in this image to make it work properly?

Ok thanks, done all that & chmodded the files & the Teletext works fine.

The last time i used it on the Andromeda image there was a config menu where you could set the language to english & brighten the display of the teletext & it would save the settings, on here it doesn't save the settings when i change them, it defaults back to german language & the brightness reverts to default.

Anyone any ideas?

Ok thanks, done all that & chmodded the files & the Teletext works fine.

The last time i used it on the Andromeda image there was a config menu where you could set the language to english & brighten the display of the teletext & it would save the settings, on here it doesn't save the settings when i change them, it defaults back to german language & the brightness reverts to default.

Anyone any ideas?

Yep! Dig inside the Andromeda image with NewTuxFlashTools, m8- and extract that file and implant it into the same folder in your new image. Should do the trick.

I've just installed this image on a sagem & nokia and all seems well and a lot more stable, picture seems to be a lot better. I also miss the teletext feature so i put the tuxtxt files as said and chmod 755. Teletext is now showing up in the features menu but i can't get it to show.

The teletext itself works fine mate, it's just the config menu doesn't save when you change the settings.

I suppose i'll have to make do with it as it is, just bugs me when something doesn't work as it's supposed to :Laugh:

I had already done that too :Laugh:

Doesn't work, i even tried using the files from Andromeda still didn't work.

Oh well so long as i can see the teletext i'll have to be happy with that, but you just know i'll still try the file you attached, knowing full well it won't work.

Try a real sneaky and look inside /lib/tuxbox/plugins/tuxtxt.so with Hex Editor.

Click the Search icon (magnifying glass) and search for .conf

Check the path where it's expecting to find it's conf file - and plant it there! If it's the same as already given previously, then it I'd suggest it's a bug- either in the plugin, or in the current flavour of cvs.

ok al, finally got round to trying out this image, on a sagem 1x thats very squeaky, anyway tried all cam and ucode varaitions, in the end i could only get it to run on gbox and 014 or vortex, 001a just won,t or never has been compatible on this box and i,ve had it over 3years, a lot of images, even one i done myself. with evo and mgb it would freeze or chirp after a period, if i went up or down channels it would come up channel not available, i had to reboot. i put the keys in nagra via tux com, rebooted and been fine since, occasional freeze for about 5 or 10 secs, nothing drastic. as i have been away i was just reading previous posts, and particular 113, miniops. i was just wondering if this does the same as the key copy in blade trinity, where after a au by switching back to evo you could key copy over to gbox without use of tuxcom. i have the shellexec.conf file for this and was wondering if i needed to put this in to bring up the menu for the keycopy feature, or do i not need to bother with your update patch. sorry to be so long winded but it,s just to let you know how it works on the squeakiest box out, lol anyway very nice image .cheers joe

If you're running gbox, then you only need evocamd OR mgcamd to handle au functions, after gbox goes FTA-only following a keyroll. You then switch back to gbox, where the keycopy routine is done automatically for you- 'on the fly'.

The miniops update patch is only for those users who insist on having all three softcams running, for reasons explained in the update patch post, m8.

Try a real sneaky and look inside /lib/tuxbox/plugins/tuxtxt.so with Hex Editor.

Click the Search icon (magnifying glass) and search for .conf

Check the path where it's expecting to find it's conf file - and plant it there! If it's the same as already given previously, then it I'd suggest it's a bug- either in the plugin, or in the current flavour of cvs.

Sussed it mate:banana:

Looked in the tuxtxt.so file & found the path /var/tuxbox/config/tuxtxt in there it looks for tuxtxt.conf & tuxtxt2.conf both the same thing.

Created the tuxtxt folder & put the .conf file in there & hey presto the config file now saves the changes i make.

Thanks for the help :proud:

Glad you're sorted, AH, m8! I was working blind- as TuxText is a feature I've never bothered with. Should I be?

I deffo took the two tuxtxt font files outa /share/fonts before release, so if you haven't already done so, it might be worth replanting these, in case the tuxtxt gui looks better as a result?

I checked the lib file- and this was in release version- so neutrino insists on it being in there, whether the user wants tuxtxt or not.

Hey AL,

So I have been running this image on my sagem 1x box for a good few days now and primarily the feedback is good. I have only had about two freezing incidents which is superb compared to the last image I was using (Commando...) All in all it is running very smoothly and efficiently! I had noticed a few other sagem discussions where people had referred to chirping, but as I am unsure as to what exactly that is, I can't report back on this.

However my one concern, and it's something that I am not even really sure has anything to do with the image file, it that the picture quality now seems to be more pixelated that it was on the last image. I've checked all the cables and scarts etc and they are all in good condition and plugged in correctly. I have also played about with the settings on both the box itself and my tv - which is a brand new philips LCD model. I have even ruled out the TV itself as on the old image setup the picture was near perfect.

Any ideas of anything else I could try?

Cheers guys.

Glad you're sorted, AH, m8! I was working blind- as TuxText is a feature I've never bothered with. Should I be?

I deffo took the two tuxtxt font files outa /share/fonts before release, so if you haven't already done so, it might be worth replanting these, in case the tuxtxt gui looks better as a result?

I checked the lib file- and this was in release version- so neutrino insists on it being in there, whether the user wants tuxtxt or not.

I never used to use it until i sussed how it worked, but it is a bit pointless as 99% of the channels don't have teletext, i use it for the horse racing text on RUK & ATR so i miss it when it's not there having to use ceefax on bbc1 is crap.

I'm not sure which other channels you can get text through as i've only tried the sport channels bbc, itv & channel 4.

Back