### \/irgin+ v2.1 Lite (fta) Image!! ###

AL

Another squeaky box been running for 2hrs rock solid. Copied your new file in there wonder if this is why I got trouble when I first started using gb0x

AL

Another squeaky box been running for 2hrs rock solid. Copied your new file in there wonder if this is why I got trouble when I first started using gb0x

More than likely, if you used all three cams in your image. If not there could have been another reason, as lincsat reminded me about yesterday...

Say you started out with evocam and an old Keylist.txt file. The box AUs as expected, with keylist updated. But three things could happen to that file's update, totally randomly:

1. It could replace the two 'old' lines with two new ones. Good!

2. It could add the two new lines to the top of the list. Good!

3. It could add the two new lines to the bottom of the list. Bad!!

You see, the keycopy routine (by that god cryogenic) copies the top two lines to nagra - reformatting them in the process into what gbox is expecting to read.

So in the unfortunate event of AU update type 3. having happened to you, then gbox will be on old keys and will be FTA! Simple solution in this event is to use TuxCom or FTP to delete Keylist.txt and switch back to evocamd.

This will force it to AU again, and create a new keys file, hopefully with only two lines. This you can check with TuxCom or FTP prior to trying gbox again!

I'd love to be able to trap and correct this anomaly into the scripts, but I ain't clever enough, LOL!

Cheers- AL

Hey Al great image m8, keep up this great work you provide for the dbox scene:banana:

This may seem a silly question but best to know the facts.

Did you refresh the ftp page for /tmp, sometimes you need to refresh it to show the changes.

Apologies for the long delay (just had a couple of weeks in the sun :pimp:).
The backup was probably there all the time, this time I disconnected from flashfxp and reconnected and there it was!

Thanks again,
W.

cant seem to find missing emus got rom files can anyone help perhaps
a pm
regards all who make this poss

cant seem to find missing emus got rom files can anyone help perhaps
a pm
regards all who make this poss

Let's assume you have some backed up / saved images on your PC.

You need a bit of kit called new tuxflash tool.

Open a known working image and rip the contents of var/bin/emu then copy via FTP to your new image...................remember that all files transferred need to be chmod 755.

Happy FTP'ing

@Pepper: glad you're sorted- that applies to ALL images, not just this one!

@Beaker55: Don't hijack my feedback with a totally unrelated question all of your own, please. Start your own New Topic!!

Cheers- AL
Al

Apologies - didn't realise what I'd done.

Pete

just a quickie...
how do i knock off the now and next off, everytime a new proggy starts ??
i forgot lol

I cannot get this image to work, all i get is waiting for egg. I have added cams and keys from working quad image still nothing. Not even FTA. Ive copied 6 files across as stated and set Cams to 755.

I have a sagem 2x and i have used the Virgin+_v2.1_2x_Sagem_fta.img.

It strange that FTA not working either

Last edited:
I cannot get this image to work, all i get is waiting for egg. I have added cams and keys from working quad image still nothing. Not even FTA.

Make no mistake my friend this image works very nicely !!!!

Have a close look through the readme file and you should be fine.

Maybe you are stuck when you copy EMUS to var/bin/emu..............did you forget to chmod 755 ???

Make no mistake my friend this image works very nicely !!!!

Have a close look through the readme file and you should be fine.

Maybe you are stuck when you copy EMUS to var/bin/emu..............did you forget to chmod 755 ???

Yes i think i have followed every thing correctly

Yes i think i have followed every thing correctly

if you are not up and running mate, then..........................obviously not !!!

All the rest of us that followed the instructions properly are getting on just fine!!

Have another careful read..retrace your steps........and get it working !!!

It's worth the hassle mate beleive me.................very nice image to have running on your box

post back if you get stuck

if you are not up and running mate, then..........................obviously not !!!

All the rest of us that followed the instructions properly are getting on just fine!!

Have another careful read..retrace your steps........and get it working !!!

It's worth the hassle mate beleive me.................very nice image to have running on your box

post back if you get stuck

Can i confirm when you chmod 755 the Cam files you do this in FlashFXP, then go to attributes and set the permission as 755

That is correct, do it in flashfxp. Files in /var/bin/emu need to be 755.

Some thing strange is going on

it does not show any channels on any EMU's. ocasionally showing FTA channels after a restart but when i move up or down a channel it goes blank when i go back. Any ideas?

Back