### \/irgin+ v2.1 Lite (fta) Image!! ###

@AH: Thanks for the heads up, m8. I'll carry on giving tuxtxt the room 101 treatment then. Nearest I get to horse racing is feeding the donkeys up at the donkey sanctuary- they all chase me back to the gate, after I've run out of apples. I'm always first, LOL!

@oneup: Strange- as most peeps report excellent picture quality... Go into Settings > Screen Setup and check it's set to RGB+CVBS

Then connect a scart lead direct from TV scart on dBox2, to AV1 on your telly. If you still get a crap picture, then you'll have to experiment with uCodes, under the Blue button > System menu. 001A is perfect for me, but see how 0014 and vortex behave for you as well.

Cheers- AL :)

@oneup: Strange- as most peeps report excellent picture quality... Go into Settings > Screen Setup and check it's set to RGB+CVBS

Not strickly the case there.

In most cases that is the way to go, however if the SCART socket you are connecting to doesn't support RGB, then on some TV's this makes the picture awful. I've got a Hitachi that does this, set the output to be just plain CVBS and the picture is good. So just try altering the video selection, it's an on the fly change so you'll see the effect right way.

If that doesn't do it then of course trying ucodes etc can't hurt :)

Hi dont want to hijack the other thread so - how would i install yweb on this image?
I googled and found Home - www.yjogol.com and downloaded yweb but i couldnt work out how to install it, i copied the files to the image and i think i ran out of space couldnt upload the complete file and had to reinstall the image.

-Thanks

Inside the attached rar file, you'll see two folders and a readme. When you unrar this lot, you must ensure you have WinRar set to extract paths!

This is important, as the folder named httpd-y has two subfolders in it, one of which is /scripts (which the readme relates to). So, once you've ensured the folder structure will be preserved by the unrar process, then extract to your PC.

You'll probably find that the two files in /bin already exist in the image.

FTP the httpd-y folder across to: /share/tuxbox/neutrino/

When you click on the /neutrino folder, you should then see four folders:

httpd-y
icons
locale
themes

Click on the /httpd-y folder then on the /scripts subfolder. CHMOD 755 all files in there.

Reboot- and yWeb should work for you! Cheers- AL :)

Thanks mate you were right that was pretty easy to add, thanks for the tut and the files

New Channels

Bit of a rush job (and I'm no graphics expert)- but here's some new Channel Logos for the recent new channels; Alibi - G.O.L.D - Watch including their +1 versions.

Existing logos for UKTV Drama and UKTV Gold (inc the +1's) can be removed. It all happens in /var/tuxbox/icons/

thanks for the new images but you named the G.O.L.D channels wrong

you named it G.O.L.D..raw but it should have been G.O.L.D.raw
You names it G.O.L.D.+1.raw but it should have been G.O.L.D +1.raw

Hope im not asking to much but if anyone has any time can you do me a logo for these channels as they are the only logo's im missing

Diva +1
Hallmark +1
zee tv
sony ent asia
4music

*New*
Daystar TV
Challenge Jackpot
Wedding TV

or if you can explain how to use rawiconeditor as i have v1.1 and it is in german and i cant work out how to use it, when i open one of the logo's on the box it says "Format wird nicht unterstutzt!"

-

Also yweb is not working, well it is loading fine but when i try and change the channel it just freezes internet explorer, any ideas?

-Thanks

Last edited:
Thanks for pointing out the obvious, motsey- but I did say this in the release notes in post #1 of this thread:

If you find a particular logo isn’t working for you, then there are 2 possible reasons:

The logo is not present for that Channel (please report this), or
The filename is wrong. It must [FONT=Comic Sans MS,Comic Sans MS]exactly [/FONT]match the channel name in services

These new files are named after the channel names I use in my services file. It's easy enough to rename them to match yours- so no big deal.

If you grab some source graphics (bmp, jpg, gif etc) for the new icons you need, then I'll happily have a go at doing the logos for them. I've already done Hallmark +1 (and SET Asia is probably already in there, just needs renaming)

Cheers- AL

Last edited:
can you do these icons for me please, i tried to do the icons in photoshop but they didnt work even tho they were in .raw format so im sorry for bugging you again mate

once these are done ill have a complete set and will upload it for everyone else to use

Here we go then... But remember to validate the filenames to ensure they exactly match what's shown in the Infobar. Upper/Lower case, spaces etc- it all counts, as this is Linux!

A couple I've left at 100x60px (the norm being 80x48px in my image)- as neutrino is limited to 16 colour .raw format, and these became virtually unrecognizable at the smaller size.

Anyway, these plug a few more gaps, LOL! Naturally, I've sent the 256 colour .png equivalents to SatSearching, for inclusion in the online add-ins feature of SS-Enigma v4

thanks mate your a star i got a full collection now i think, so if anyone wants them let me know

Great image been working on a shaky nokia for a week going fine just one question, how easy would it be to add recording support to this image?

& Motsey I could do with em please mate if you dont mind

Last edited:
would anyone be kind enough to pm the softcams.. i have tried to take from my dreambox (netrino )image as i understood this would work but i just cannot get anything other than fta picture.

I have done the minimop patch.

I have only put in the three nagra rom 7 files into var/keys.

I have chmod the softcams

I have tried changing the ucode to 14 after 001a was not working.

still no picture.

excellent image & even better release notes, thnx for all the hard work, even a novice like myself was able to follow the instruction :)

Can somebody help me out with the gbox file, i've been through several images and can't find it!!!

First of all thanks to al for the time and effort.

Tried a few images over the last week or two, this one is working best for me.

I noticed a few icon names don't match the channels so I have renamed them to match the names shown in 'services' and attached them, I hope thats ok.

Just one setting that I have hunted for and can't seem to change, I like having both the volume and program duration on the LCD at the same time, but I notice with this image after a few seconds the volume disappears and the duration replaces it at the bottom of the LCD, can I alter anything to make both bars stay on all the time?

Thanks again,

Messa

Back