Heres on for ya!!

i have flung mediaportal tae feck and i'm now using dvbdream :)

*sitting with fingers crossed saying please work please work*

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

erm .....

mp sets up the db and app for u if it isnt there - if you'd read the page that pops up after installing then it tells you the db password is - wait 4 it - MediaPortal

tbh if you cant get mp to work then you are likely to have significant issues with other appz and actually gettign a softcam to work may also be a problem - as they all require you to follow instructions

I would say DVBViewer is your best bet, It has a decent frontend and is constantly being developed / improved, Only drawbacks are there is no trial version (all cracked copy's don't work) and IMO the developers are arrogant so if you suggest any improvements expect most of them to be rubbished !!!

I would say DVBViewer is your best bet, It has a decent frontend and is constantly being developed / improved,
I would second that. Strongly. Media Portal is very fancy, and certainly a cool way to impress your friends, but for me, DVBviewer wins hands down on pure functionality and ease of use, and it's quite nice looking too.

Only drawbacks are there is no trial version (all cracked copy's don't work) and IMO the developers are arrogant so if you suggest any improvements expect most of them to be rubbished !!!
Heh, so true. That said, it can be quite entertaining to read their forums, where they regularly blast their users in what can best be described as Borat-like English. Or perhaps Bruno-like would be more accurate. :)

lol

@wonko

the sql database installation keeps fucking up when i boot up it says summit is up with the installation i tried re-downloading it etc etc but still it fucks up

i'll try it again

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

mediaportal says

failed to instal Ms SQL express 2005

so i tried manually downloading it again and installing it but it still doesnt install right

treid mediaportal again and its still saying failed to install MS sql express 2005 and just disappears

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

ok i've reformatted and managed to get mediaportal to install fine

but now it doesnt pick up my tv cards?

i've installed the drivers for them?

TIA

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

mp should support more or less anything with a bda driver - whats the card model number? is the hardware registered as working in device manager? etc.

surely u got a driver cd?

if not then in theory the digitaltv 3.4 software should include the driver - it does say it's for all models - and on the plus side it does actually exist - you shouldnt need to install their tv software - just unpack and point the update driver wizard at the unpackeed driver folder

dont forget mate i know it was like the blind leading the blind the other night..but as i have dvb viewer and dvb dream working let me know if i can send you any files or tips...the reason i was asking if you had logmein installed is that it's remote software and by the time you've typed everything into msn you can have it sorted in no time....let me know man....

(that bda driver looks promising though as that's what was missing from yours)

Last edited:
ok after installing that BDA driver mediaportal has now picked up my cards! :)

so i went into tv server config and selected uk telewest for both cards etc and scanned but it only picked up 8 channels between the 2 cards?

is that summit to do with the signal going to the cards or is it software related again?

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

minutes mate. not long at all

found 15 channels now but no picture or sound

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

i treid to scan with the feed going driect into one of the cards and it didnt find anything?

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Have you tried Twinhans own software first? correct symbol rate for your area, does a normal box work on the feed you tried, It could be your signal is too weak or too strong, it also might be worth removing one card just while you try and get it sorted.

a normal pace box works fine on the line

i tried their software and it picked up nuhin :(

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Back