Heres on for ya!!

i'm gonna try and see what size the psu is in my main pc and maybe swap them over cos its a silent one thats in that aswell

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

i'm gonna try and see what size the psu is in my main pc and maybe swap them over cos its a silent one thats in that aswell

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

that wont work as they are both the same size :(

the psu wont fit beside the mobo unless i have the fan blowing onto the tv cards

would that be alright?

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

surely psu internal fans would suck rather than blow - they are certainly intended to

there should be no problems with the psu acceptign heat from other system components - this is one of the primary purposes of the internal fan accordign to the atx spec

this case seems to have a hell of a lot of psu mounting options

i have the cit psu recomened and it is a good psu and its a good 1 as its flush all round its not silent but not very loud i have just changed my cpu cooler Ruby Orb P/N: CL-P0391 only runs at 17db and you can slightly lower that it also cools everything around it i am goining to change my case as well as the 1 i have now is a good case but they have put the psu at the front so you can hear it so going for this 1 Shiny Piano Black/Red Super Slim Micro ATX Mini Tower Case - With 200W PSU 20+4pin 1x SATA - Ebuyer

i have the cit psu recomened and it is a good psu and its a good 1 as its flush all round its not silent but not very loud i have just changed my cpu cooler Ruby Orb P/N: CL-P0391 only runs at 17db and you can slightly lower that it also cools everything around it i am goining to change my case as well as the 1 i have now is a good case but they have put the psu at the front so you can hear it so going for this 1 Shiny Piano Black/Red Super Slim Micro ATX Mini Tower Case - With 200W PSU 20+4pin 1x SATA - Ebuyer

MFCGAVMFC ? which motherboard did you buy? ATX or Micro

again this case is for micro MB

atx AFAIK mate and an ATX psu

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

If its the Mobo in post 53 then it is Matx, A full size atx would have more pci/pcix slots, yours only has 2 pci, one full pcix and one small pcix

MFCGAVMFC ? which motherboard did you buy? ATX or Micro

again this case is for micro MB

If its the Mobo in post 53 then it is Matx, A full size atx would have more pci/pcix slots, yours only has 2 pci, one full pcix and one small pcix

The Asus M3A78-VM is a micro ATX.

The original board (M3A78-PRO) Gav spec'ed for himself would have been a full size ATX board.

the mobo is the asus m3n78-vm with onboard hdmi and geforce 8200 matx

sorry it is mATX

the cable cards arrived today and dont fit in teh case :(

see that one from maplin? would everything fit in there?

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

how do you mean foul?

will i be able to fit them in?

together?

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

you promise me now mate?

110%? lol

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

you promise me now mate?

110%? lol

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Dam it, forgot about the Z600! Have just double checked the pictures, the cable cards will fit, the Z600 won't. Even if you cut the mesh above where the CPU would go that cooler will still foul the PSU...

To use that cooler it does seem you are going to have to go for a tower case.

**** it i'll stick the z600 in my big pc

will it not pull the motherboard off its mounts though if its in a tower case?

right what cooler should i go for now?

soeverything and a cooler should fit in that case, inc the psu

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Wonko has his z600 fitted in a tower case, so I'll let him reply to that bit.
The icute case is divided by the hinging part, as such the division the motherboard sits in allows a full height PCI card but not much more. Working from the fact a PCI card is just over 100mm tall, a Scythe Shuriken should fit: Scythe Shuriken Quiet Low Profile Socket 1366, 478, 775, 754, 939, AM2 Processor Cooler - Ebuyer but you'll have to have the fan running (you can replace it with a Noctua at a later date).

Being very critical and worse case scenario...

The PSU may foul on where the hard drives mount. Even if it doesn't, it may prevent you from being able to comfortably attach the cables to the hard drive.

You should be able to remove the cage to make the PSU fit (should the need arise). A 3.5" To 5.25" Hard Disk Drive Mounting Bracket would allow you to fit the hard drive in the unused 5.25" optical bay. Worth noting that the card reader bay under where the optical drives fit may also afford the installation of a hard drive so you might want to try that before buying the adapater.

Last edited:

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC
whilst it's big it's far from the heaviest hsf I have seen - provided you mount it properly there is no issue with it being too heavy if the board is vertical - in fact given the relative scarcity of desktop cases these days i would imagine this is the way most of them are mounted

btw cit 400w psu's are not good value for money - they are unstable and do not deliver enough power for a modern system - eg I had a problem with the psu in one of my systems so as a temprary measure fitted a new cit 400w psu to it until I could afford a proper psu - it couldnt reliably start the system - the system crashed so frequently I began to suspect the mainboard was dying - replaced cit 400w with an old anonymous 250w psu out of mates junk box and system has been fine ever since - to such an extent i have never goot round to buying another psu for it (system pulls around 120w measured at the plug socket and a cit 400w couldnt power it - says a lot for the quality of cit psu's doesnt it)

Last edited:
Back