Heres on for ya!!

recently I ordered twinhan dvb-c pci from Hisat and I recieved it in few days, but i was not happy with the P+P £10.35

Product Name: PCI Cable Receiver
Quantity: 1
Unit Price: £30.00
--------------------------
Order Total : £30.00
Shipping : £10.35
Discounts : £3.91
VAT : £3.91
Grand Total : £40.35

I forgot.. I use a discount code. and i am trying to find it for you..try VATPAID

Last edited:
hisat are very good ordered a few things from them you will need more than 2gb ram for decent hd and blu-ray and make sure they are identical and use dual channel

cheers folks i'll get everything ordred up aspa then!!

then its time for all my software related questions!! lololol

the ram is a 2gb pair mate dual channel i think

thanks to everyone who replied!!

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

so its ok to hand over my card details for them to take my cash?

just it doesnt look all that kosher?

£80.50 for 2 cable cards seems alright?

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

just ordered all the parts from ebuyer expect the tv cards the mobo and the cpu cooler

they just said the mobo is discontinued!! dammit!!

EDIT: just found another mobo on ebuyer exactly the same!

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Last edited by a moderator:
i got the one from ebuer that my good e-friend little_pob reccomended :)

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

just to buy the cable cards but that HiSat site just doesnt fill me with confidence :(

where else can i buy those cards at that rpice?

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Use Hisat mate, No problems with them, I have ordered a few cards from them and never had a problem, Don't think you'll find them cards anywhere else in the UK, I brought mine from them about 3 years ago so they must have brought a truck load of em!! Also still around after 3 years so don't think they will dissapear without a trace.

£11.50 for postage though?

are they a ton weight or summit!!!!

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

i did mate but it said that code was expired or didnt exist

thanks anyway

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

ok most of the parts came today

all i need now its the cable cards and the coolermaster cpu cooler and the noctua fans

2 problems

the screw less dvd thing is hard to understand, the only way i can fit the dvd drive in leaves it 2 low down for the button on the front fascia to connect with it? also the drive moves around a lot

also there's not a lot of room left for cable cards and general lack of space in the case cause the psu is so big!! lol

@little_pob those fans from ebuyer don't fit this case mate? or am i missing summit?

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

the screw less dvd thing is hard to understand, the only way i can fit the dvd drive in leaves it 2 low down for the button on the front fascia to connect with it? also the drive moves around a lot

You've got the optical drives fitted the wrong way. You need to remove the front of the case (like you did to change the PSU) and slide them in from that way - so that the tabs stick out the front rather than into the case.

also there's not a lot of room left for cable cards and general lack of space in the case cause the psu is so big!! lol
The DVB-c cards shouldn't be much longer than the PCI slots. From the pics you've posted there should be enough room - although changing the modular leads on the PSU may prove difficult once the cards are installed.

@little_pob those fans from ebuyer don't fit this case mate? or am i missing summit?

Sorry about this, on checking the reviews of the case a buyer has stated the rear fan mounts are in fact 80mm. As the case is round at my sister's, the 60mm fan size came from the case spec as ebuyer give it. My sister's HTPC has only fitted got 80mm side fans to - if I remember correctly this was because the rear fans fouled the Zalman CPNS7000 CPU cooler. (I have used the 60mm fans I recommended, but on a different HTPC case.)

I've got a couple of spare (used) 80mm fans I can send you via return of post? At a guess the sound level is about 22dB, but this is without installing them in a case (or pro-equipment to gauge the true sound level).

However, you may prefer to use the 80mm Noctua fans you've already ordered on the rear. Then consider grabbing another 80mm for under the PSU, and 2x120mm for the sides (I'm using the sizes from the reviewer here, you may want to double check).

That still leaves you with the 60mm fans...

You could keep them, just-in-case. You can return the fans to ebuyer under the distance selling regulations, but as outlined in their returns policy you are responsible for the cost of return, which may well be more than the items cost to send recorded. You may like to know, those fans are listed on ebay for more than ebuyer sell them for ;)

Last edited:
case does look a little tight - tho my first one was much smaller (used matx psu and low profile hsf) but even with the low power chip I couldnt cool it adequately without throttling the cpu (which had a detrimental effect on HD playback) and keep it at an acceptable volume - ie u could hear it running lol

I eventually opted for something a little bigger - it's not many peoples cup of tea - not even mine - but it does the job (ie you cant hear it) until I get round to building the thing into a wall

cheers peeps :)

@little_pob
Thanks for your help mate :) i'll just throw those wee fans into the spares box because they are silent!! i was surprised how quiet they were especially for their size and teh speed they go at!!

I think i'll use the 2 noctua fans to drag across the cpu cooler and maybe order another 2 for the back depending on noise levels :)

now all i need to get is the dvb-c cards :)

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

thats the cards ordered so there will be plenty software questions soon!! lol

Big thanks to everyone in this thread whos helped me with this pc build, i can't wait till its all up and running!!

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

i've formatted the HDD with xp pro :)

just to fire all the needed software onto it now :)

i was just looking for the Microsoft remote and its £30 but it says it only works with MCE, i take it theres no point in getting it for XP pro then?

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

why dont you try win7 RC candidate, free download from MS valid until next march I think but if you do only use the 32bit version because there are no 64bit signed driver for vista/win7, I never tried my card with win7 before it blew but it worked with vista 32bit ok and seeing as win7 is really a tweaked vista it should work.

i prefer xp mate i wanna get it working on this first lol before i start arseing about with other OS's :)

a couple more questions lol

1. will that Microsoft remote work with xp pro?

2. how will it work in regards to setting one card to record a certain channel and still be able to watch another channel with the other card?

3. would i be able to use one of the remotes from the cards to do the same job as the Microsoft one?

TIA

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Back