Heres on for ya!!

any idea how to get bbc scotland? and stv? stuck with this english pish just now lol

i scanned the frequency they are on and they came up and i clicked on save but they aint in my channel list?

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

i have no idea - I also have no idea how to get bbc scotland in dvbdream - mainly coz i have no idea how to use or setup dvbdream - maybe coz u have to pay for it they only support 1 card - I know they dont support their users

BBC scotland only has nitting and time team on...why would you want that any way

225255776_415efd1d81_o.jpg

i have no idea - I also have no idea how to get bbc scotland in dvbdream - mainly coz i have no idea how to use or setup dvbdream - maybe coz u have to pay for it they only support 1 card - I know they dont support their users

is it not dvbviewer you have to pay for?

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

ok the only problems left to iron out is

getting BBC scotland and STV

being able to record on both cards at the same time

and getting ahold of a cooler lol the retail HSF is too loud lol

can anyone help

TIA

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

MFCGAVMFC,
what os did you end up with (XP or Vista)?

After reading the thread twice - I decided to follow you, and ordered one of the TwinhanDTV cards. I can't get to install with Win 7rc - so was looking at going back to Vista.

Cheerz
Tiny

Sorry - you can ignore earlier post - I found details in post 145 (XP pro).

Thanks

i'm still ironing out a few wee problems now and again but apart from that it works a treat

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

not everyone want's bbc scootland man! lolol....*ahem moving on....*

Okay - I'm pulling hair out now.

Got two installations running (Vista on disk1, XP Pro on disk2). BDA drivers downloaded from links earlier in this topic. All mobo drivers are the latest available (Asus P5E-VM HDMI, 4Gb, E8400, TwinHan Cab.CI)

XP Pro - TwinHan software installed - but only picks up a couple of channels.
MediaPortal installed (1.0.2)- no signal!

Vista - TwinHan software installed - pick up loads of channels - freezes when analysing 539000. No sound when viewing FTA - picture is fine (guessing compatibility issues)
Media Portal installed (1.0.2)- no signal!
ProgDVB - no signal!

I've been switching drivers between BDA (1238) and standard installed with TwinhanDTV.

On both installations MP is detecting the card, and setting priority as 2 with the name DTV-DVBC 878 Digital Tuner Filter (Enabled, init etc).

I know that I can pick up transponders on 131000,6952,64-QAM (tested on TwinHanDTV and dbox).

Any pointers on what I could be doing wrong with the BDA driver?

mmmm trying to look at your setup and you have a lot going on, stick with the xp installation for now..

ok forget media portal for now mate, it's not the best to start with i don't think....and it's like jumping in at the deep end...!

forget also about the Twinham software....it's pants

get dvb dream for now man...lets give that a go.....

For clarification - there's two totally separate installations (each on 300GB sata II) - which I swap using a sata caddy. So I'm running a single hardware platform and just swapping disks to test each os.

Just d/l DVBDream 1.4 now

Thanks buddy

that's great to know, i thought you were swapping between operating systems which of course can give you problems....let me know when you have it and it's installed....your looking for BDA driver 2.1.0 when you have it installed......few settings but should be ok...

you'll have to start and install vplug (with the magic keys) of course for the *ahem* other channels

Okay - I've just ghosted back to my clean XP installation:

1 installed 1.2.3.8 driver
2 installed dvb dream
3 confirmed BDA 210
4 selected 5044 - DVB-C
5 launched a scan

I'm already seeing loads of channels and transponder details flying up - so I guess it's sit back and wait for it to finish now.

Okay - all fta working as expected (audio & visual).

I just had to install the audio codec pack and powerdvd for video. Ready then for the next part.

I've installed vplug242 path = c:\dvbdream\plugins\pip00
Copied v_keys.db & v_sids.db & softcam.key to the above path.

What's next?

Last edited:
All up and running.

All HD channels are really bad - picture freezes, and black screen appears, then the picture will refresh - then the black screen again.

Would this be down to codec?

Back