fast scan off
manual scan off
frequency
symbol rate
fec 1/2
polarisation h

That looks ok except i would choose all services and leave existing bouquets
Transfer your original service and bouquet file back in
reboot and see if you get any channels then.
press red button then blue blutton and
post your ber snr and sig levels

Fergalsworld said:
That looks ok except i would choose all services and leave existing bouquets
Transfer your original service and bouquet file back in
reboot and see if you get any channels then.
press red button then blue blutton and
post your ber snr and sig levels

ok mate, ill have to do that tommorow, cos got to get up early and sort out all you peeps post out, ie post office employee, just a quick question, when you say "transfer the original service and boquet file back in", do you mean "the files that i saved on my desktop for the bham region ?

Yep or the ones you saved from the box when you had some channels
they go in var\tuxbox\config\zapit folder
then reboot.

johnny bravo said:
ok mate, ill have to do that tommorow, cos got to get up early and sort out all you peeps post out, ie post office employee, just a quick question, when you say "transfer the original service and boquet file back in", do you mean "the files that i saved on my desktop for the bham region ?

yes, or u can create a new bouqet and do a bruteforce scan and redo the list. alot of the channels where mixed around so u might find its better to do a whole new scan and create a new bouqet.

keep us posted m8.

before you get error channel not available!!! do you get "waiting for time" showing??

if you do could be a dodgy tuner im afraid to say.

johnny bravo said:
hi, got nothing at all, just channel listings, with "error-channel not available"

@elite786
apologies just re read thread (getting late and pi**ed)
johnny have you ever had any channels working on this box?

Last edited:
you say you got the box straight from germany with sportster on?

when you had channels before you scanned did you get terestrial channels :- IE. bbc 1 ,2, itv , chann 4, but not channel 5? but not any others .

if so the image which was on when you got it may well not have an autoupdate key in the image .

therefore you can either reflash the box with an image from here wich will have an au key in it or you can transfer the AU key which should be in the downloads section into the "keys" folder on your dbox .

if i was you mate i would do a reflash with an image from the downloads then do a scan then if you get error no channs or waiting for time its prob the tuner ,cant see it being your feed cable or the scan wouldnt pick up the channels.

Last edited:
Fergalsworld said:
johnny bravo said:
hi, got nothing at all, just channel listings, with "error-channel not available"

@elite786
apologies just re read thread (getting late and pi**ed)
johnny have you ever had any channels working on this box?

hi, no, not even the terrestrial channels,

goochtyke said:
you say you got the box straight from germany with sportster on?

when you had channels before you scanned did you get terestrial channels :- IE. bbc 1 ,2, itv , chann 4, but not channel 5? but not any others .

if so the image which was on when you got it may well not have an autoupdate key in the image .

therefore you can either reflash the box with an image from here wich will have an au key in it or you can transfer the AU key which should be in the downloads section into the "keys" folder on your dbox .

if i was you mate i would do a reflash with an image from the downloads then do a scan then if you get error no channs or waiting for time its prob the tuner ,cant see it being your feed cable or the scan wouldnt pick up the channels.

i got the box from germany, i have left the sporster image on there, assuming i didnt need a new one because it was the latest, i never had a single channel, not even the terrestrial ones, just an error message saying channels are not available.

I think you will find its as goochtyke says there will be no keys folder or it will not have the needed files in it, ftp into box and copy keys folder off a working box.
rgds derek

goochtyke said:
before you get error channel not available!!! do you get "waiting for time" showing??

if you do could be a dodgy tuner im afraid to say.

hi mate, yes, actually i do get"waiting for time showing" is that bad news ?

elite786 said:
Try the latest image by Gav, it will have the latest keys and files. then execute a bruteforce scan. once isntalled try switching the ucode to see if it makes any difference.
hi, ive seen gav latest image, but dont quite understand how to extract the image.

i mean its in 4 parts, so do i download all 4 parts, extract the image out of the first part, and delete the rest ? is that correct ? cheers

johnny bravo said:
hi, ive seen gav latest image, but dont quite understand how to extract the image.

i mean its in 4 parts, so do i download all 4 parts, extract the image out of the first part, and delete the rest ? is that correct ? cheers

The 4 parts combine in to 1 to make the image, its uploaded this way to make it easier to download and upload. here what u do:

1.download all 4 parts.
2.click any of the 4 files, which ever u have installed winzip or winrar will open the file
3. extract the file and the program will automatically join all 4 files together.
4. Ftp over the image o nto ur dbox.

any probs gis a shout!

ok johnny bravo, i get the exact same problem with my sagem box. try this as it works for me.

do a scan for channels and then press ok. wait 5 seconds then pull the power cord out of the back of the box. wat aprox 30 seconds before powering the box back up. sounds daft but it works for me mate. let me know how you get on

elite786 said:
The 4 parts combine in to 1 to make the image, its uploaded this way to make it easier to download and upload. here what u do:

1.download all 4 parts.
2.click any of the 4 files, which ever u have installed winzip or winrar will open the file
3. extract the file and the program will automatically join all 4 files together.
4. Ftp over the image o nto ur dbox.

any probs gis a shout!
hi mate,
i downloaded all the 4 files, extracted the image and saved it onto my desktop,
now ive tried to flash the image over to my dbox, but nothing is happening its been about 40 minutes, no message is coming on the lcd display to say its "flashing", ive got the crossover cable and null modem connected, but nothing, help

FTP the image to the /tmp directory on the box and flash it using the remote and the menus.

Dbox > Service Menu > Update/Backup/Restore Software > Expert Functions > Write One Partition > Flash Without Bootloader and select the .img file.

I think it's something like that!

Back