InPost locker scam

silverdale

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
So there's this scam going round and loads using it especially on Vinted. I'm posting because I've had an item go AWOL and the wife's them same then I read elsewere this is one of the scams.
So the seller sells an item normally something decent and you've selected InPost locker for collection at the locker.

We did this because then your not held to waiting in and you can collect as leisure later on.
The seller takes the parcel to the locker with a duff label taped to it and over the top of the duff label the genuine parcel label so the genuine label can be very easily removed.

Inside this parcel is rags so even though there's cameras attached to these lockers it will pick up you scanning and posting into the locker.
But when you place the parcel into the locker the sellers uses a suttle slight of hand to scrunch up the genuine lightly attached label into a ball and remove it then place the parcel with rags and duff label into the locker.

The guy collects, tries to scan the parcel comes up error, parcel gets sent to depot with a fault non reading label, parcel lost forever.

Wait a month both buyer and seller get paid out. If InPost check the video it will show you scanning the label so the seller can always maintain his innocence.
InPost don't give a flyer and neither do Vinted so after a month they just automatically pay no questions asked.
Buyers gets his money back, seller gets paid and keeps the goods.

Only a scam if you lose out. Sounds like InPost deserve it.
Definite inconvenience though.

The Vinted forum is full of people talking about missing parcels. It's abit like Everi (Hermes), there was a TV show showing them selling parcels unopened even though there was full name and addresses on them.

With InPost their the same, they can't be bothered chasing the receiver or sender. They'll probably have a similar centre selling all unreadable label items too.
The cost to locate and resend will far outweigh the compensation cost plus they'll claw alot back selling them unopened like a lucky dip.

The scam I'm on about seems to be on high end designer clothing jackets shoes trainers. I'm not sure if this is true but someone did mention that the collection guys have a way of finding what's in it by going through Vinted.

I'm not sure if this is bullsh*t but it makes you think

Back