H2H Movie channels audio stream NAR on

yes m8 i can fully working here on atv 6.1 todays firmware

I downloaded todays atv6.1 and never worked

openatv-6.1-mbminiplus-20171117_usb.zip

they might not have applied the script to that box yet. try tomorrow m8 its defo sorted i know that so just a time thing while image makers mod the config. great work from hackmax lot of happy people today

What have I learned during this?

1. There is far too many politics in the Enigma2 teams.
2. It's easy to win a 'race' when you deny your 'competitor' exists.
3. That spending any time working on anything for them is ultimately a waste of time.

When this issue first occurred I did nothing, I went away for a few days due to work. When I got back I saw no progress had been made; people were still obsessing with PID hacks, nobody looking at the real cause. I looked into it for ~30mins and found the cause. For a day I still did nothing.

Then I spent an hour or so writing up some notes on it to explain the cause in the hope that the teams would fix it. I posted them pack on page 17. Still nothing seemed to happen. I was then talking to a friend of mine who had a box and could compile an image for it. So I made a quick test (2 in fact as first one missed a minor bug) - total of my time was about ~15mins. Most of the time was waiting for the image to build. The fix was confirmed working and submitted.

So ~45min work + compile time ... that should have been the end of it. My fix was in there hands. But politics got in the way.

I was asked not to post my fix as it may cause 'confusion' and it would be better for the changes to be pushed to github.

Whilst this was happening yesterday a post was made here: Recording, and cached PIDs in lamedb - [EN] Enduser support - Forums

This claimed "The Flag was captured
wink.png
" which was clearly claiming they found the issue, posting EXACTLY the same I had already posted days earlier on this thread (page 17). At this point they already had my fix. Then they came up with a functionally identical fix and credited this person with the fix.

I guess the teams want the credit to go internally and used excuses to hold back 3rd party input. To me this is not what this was about. My motivation is pretty much dead now. I wish I had just ignored the issue tbh.

I've no issues with the friend who was testing, and his friend who was building ... they did fantastic works but then politics got in the way.

The end.

Last edited:
yes well done hackmax !!! ..

I wish there was a file tho we can just do to our boxes I dont wanna reflash as mess up all my timers

When your on movies and press audio does it still show as nar ?

I have just install mgcamd and the screen is clearing .. i cart here the nar but the audio page still shows nar audio lol

What have I learned during this?

1. There is far too many politics in the Enigma2 teams.
2. It's easy to win a 'race' when you deny your 'competitor' exists.
3. That spending any time working on anything for them is ultimately a waste of time.

When this issue first occurred I did nothing, I went away for a few days due to work. When I got back I saw no progress had been made; people were still obsessing with PID hacks, nobody looking at the real cause. I looked into it for ~30mins and found the cause. For a day I still did nothing.

Then I spent an hour or so writing up some notes on it to explain the cause in the hope that the teams would fix it. I posted them pack on page 17. Still nothing seemed to happen. I was then talking to a friend of mine who had a box and could compile an image for it. So I made a quick test (2 in fact as first one missed a minor bug) - total of my time was about ~15mins. Most of the time was waiting for the image to build. The fix was confirmed working and submitted.

So ~45min work + compile time ... that should have been the end of it. My fix was in there hands. But politics got in the way.

I was asked not to post my fix as it may cause 'confusion' and it would be better for the changes to be pushed to github.

Whilst this was happening yesterday a post was made here: Recording, and cached PIDs in lamedb - [EN] Enduser support - Forums

This claimed "The Flag was captured
wink.png
" which was clearly claiming they found the issue, posting EXACTLY the same I had already posted days earlier on this thread (page 17). At this point they already had my fix. Then they came up with a functionally identical fix and credited this person with the fix.

I guess the teams want the credit to go internally and used excuses to hold back 3rd party input. To me this is not what this was about. My motivation is pretty much dead now. I wish I had just ignored the issue tbh.

I've no issues with the friend who was testing, and his friend who was building ... they did fantastic works but then politics got in the way.

The end.

Aboslutely spot on, the fact you can so easily expose them speaks volumes. Thank you for taking the time to do what you did, don't get dragged into the politics, but just take the moral high ground, you and this forum know that you found and fixed the issue. Thank you!

hackmax everyone on here kows who had the fix m8 and on other forums i can assure you.

i have another question for you however why do you think that VM made a change did they know it would affect how E2 was reading the stream? or are they setting up for something else?

hackmax everyone on here kows who had the fix m8 and on other forums i can assure you.

i have another question for you however why do you think that VM made a change did they know it would affect how E2 was reading the stream? or are they setting up for something else?

Probably upgrading there transmissions for better HD. Once the swap is done end of next year or whenever, all subbed people will have HD boxes so there will be no point in having SD Sports, SD Movies .... so they will go to free up bandwidth for something more worthwhile.

I doubt they even knew there cockup would screw up Linux boxes .... they were probably just as surprised as you lot were.

@ Hachmax

All I can say is we here appreciate your efforts

Probably upgrading there transmissions for better HD. Once the swap is done end of next year or whenever, all subbed people will have HD boxes so there will be no point in having SD Sports, SD Movies .... so they will go to free up bandwidth for something more worthwhile.

I doubt they even knew there cockup would screw up Linux boxes .... they were probably just as surprised as you lot were.

That makes sense m8. Thanks again for your help we all appreciate it go and put your feet up enjoy your sat night pal

yes well done hackmax !!! ..

I wish there was a file tho we can just do to our boxes I dont wanna reflash as mess up all my timers

When your on movies and press audio does it still show as nar ?

I have just install mgcamd and the screen is clearing .. i cart here the nar but the audio page still shows nar audio lol

I'm quite sure the blind and partially sighted will appreciate that ;)

It's it funny when people assume the NAR tracks should NOT be there. They reply like they were added to 'taunt' pirates.

They absolutely should be there and with very good reason.

or if you have wooshbuild 6 blue button online downloads green button then blue button to open atv 6.1 then do a rescan mines working fine donwnload latest one OpenATV 6.1 20171118

My motivation is pretty much dead now. I wish I had just ignored the issue tbh.

Honestly mate, please don't lose motivation, what's important is at least you know within yourself of the quality of the ability you have and most importantly you managed to crack the fix within hours, so once again a massive well done mate.

True legends always keep a low profile.

Thanks mate.

There are three patches which all overcome the problem. The real fix is for virgin to broadcast data correctly.

LraiZer's one was first the one to work. You can patch it on OE-A 4.0 images and newer. I have not tried a PLi 4.0 image.

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Hackmax

Code:

Athoik's

Code:

All three patches have been submitted to the author of libdvbsi++. He will apply the one that he wants and the patches will be removed. Three separate solutions, only one can be used.

There really isn't any politics/problem. The issue of data on stream was first raised on 11/11. As a temp fix, the PID patch was used.

The implied accusations that anything sinister is at play are misplaced and very repugnant.

Attachments

• ac3offset upload.png
    ac3offset upload.png
    25.5 KB · Views: 26
Just tell Stef the clock is ticking now, 7 years of this kind of OpenViX drivel, time to turn the tables I think. Hope his sales can stand up to it :)

Reactions: Rat
Are LraiZer or Athoik patch based on @hackmax research/findings which was back on Thursday?

Reactions: Rat
Back