Vu+DuoV2 Vix 2.3 Kernel 3.11 Freeze/Reboot on channel stream

nimo

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have a Vu+Duo v2 with Vix 2.3.153 image (kernel 3.11)
Internal harddrive of 500gb (old Sky HD for record and timeshift)
External Harddrive of 2TB as Media Player via the box (also for XBMC on PC)
USB for Picons and EPG
CCCam 2.3.0_1.0, mgcamd 1.35a_1.0-r3 and Oscam 1.00.5953_1.0
WebInterface and OpenWebIf addon (for channel access and stream)
Original Power cable as well as Sky power cable (both works)

The box is brand new and works great (so far on FTA channels)
My only problem is that when streaming the channels on lets say, my Iphone4S , my Touchpad or my SGS2), or on the PC/laptop the box freezes, the actual channel it was on (on the box) still works but no way to change, switch off or anything, the VIX log (rotating) appear on the top left corner and the only way to get the box back to working order, it needs to be fully switched off (power off then on via power switch at the back)

It seems something to do with the stream, maybe when I try to exit from the stream or close the app (iphone or touchpad) it crashes (there is no error message, no logs, just crash)
Also the same problem appear when the box is in standby mode, streaming causes issue..

I have tried to reimage but same problem
Do you think another image might be better like VTI or BlackHole or else?

Did anyone of you experience the same issue or know how to overcome this?

Please assist if possible

Regards
Nimo

Have you tried using the latest image which is 2.4-141?

Have you tried using the latest image which is 2.4-141?

Thanks, I will probably try it!
Was there anything related to my issue on this new build?
I see that 2.4 143 is out, is it ok to try that or best stick with build 141?
Where can I get it from?

Also, most importantly, is it compatible with vu+duo v2? :)

I cant see build 141 but only 143, I will try this then, thanks!

From a local reseller

The plugins, of the top of my head:

apple trailer
crossepg
media player
media scanner
my youtube
openwebif
shoutcast
vlc player
webinterface

Last edited by a moderator:
Back up your cam settings etc using FTP also remember these is for non clone box.

V2?

It's the one where the bootloader and the cfe files have been pre flashed to enable the latest images with the 3.1.1 kernel to be flashed?

Did you try a image pre 2012 to see if it has any difference??

I think even after flashing the update files and being enabled to flash the latest images the box will not perform as required.

Try the 2.3 image from dec 2011 to see if you get any improvements.

V2?

It's the one where the bootloader and the cfe files have been pre flashed to enable the latest images with the 3.1.1 kernel to be flashed?

Did you try a image pre 2012 to see if it has any difference??

I think even after flashing the update files and being enabled to flash the latest images the box will not perform as required.

Try the 2.3 image from dec 2011 to see if you get any improvements.

Thanks,

Yes the ones that are already flashed with the new booloader with kernel 3.1.1 so they can take new images
The Vix 2.3 I am using is of 2011, thats why I though to check 2.4 just in case

But I am worried that I would need to get the files installed like cams, saletite, bouquet, epg, icons and so on but thats the price to pay to check! :)

When it appears to hang what happens if you leave the box for say half an hour? Reason I say this is in some case it can take quite some time before the box crashes and creates a log.

Thanks everyone,

I am now on Vix 2.4, latest build (143) and the stream is playing correctly for all (via different medium) apart from the xbmc one, it works but as soon as I stop the stream in the iphone, it crashes the box, freeze (current channel works but cant change anything, no logs created, maybe need to leave the box for sometime to get them)

So far, XBMC on PC, WebInterface as well as OpenWefIf, DreamBox (on iPhone4s), DreamDroid and Daroon on android (Touchpad and SGS2) are playing fine!!

Could this be an issue of what interface is used (WebInterface or OpenWebIf)?
The new vix 2.3 as well as 2.4 are using the OpenWebIf but WebInterface should also be ok? Maybe not compabible with certain device or port..

Regards
Nimo

Back