H2H Movie channels audio stream NAR on

with oscam anyone like me taking seconds for channels to clear.

Not even close.

This is NOT a PID edit fix. This is a fix the cause I already identified (the malformed AC3 descriptors)

Last edited:
Dave he has shared it m8 he told us earlier the problem is with configuration on how E2 is decoding the ac3 descriptor he even went as far as telling us the change to the code that would allow it to work. Im sure he is not telling us nothing E2 image makers dont already know. Need to wait on image that works coming out. Thats it

Dave he has shared it m8 he told us earlier the problem is with configuration on how E2 is decoding the ac3 descriptor he even went as far as telling us the change to the code that would allow it to work. Im sure he is not telling us nothing E2 image makers dont already know. Need to wait on image that works coming out. Thats it

Mate that post might well have been written in sumerian text for all it meant to 99% of the peeps on this forum, I got half way through it and decided that deciphering the zodiac killers last message would be easier, a simple I've sussed it just do the following would have been much easier for all I think, I mean no disrespect to hackmax.

Mate that post might well have been written in sumerian text for all it meant to 99% of the peeps on this forum, I got half way through it and decided that deciphering the zodiac killers last message would be easier, a simple I've sussed it just do the following would have been much easier for all I think, I mean no disrespect to hackmax.

It's not my fault you don't understand it. I wasn't born with this knowledge. I had to do some reading, experimenting.

I released the cause, and I implemented a fix as a proof of concept to validate my research.

I won't be releasing my image because there are so many different boxes, each with different images ... do you expect me to build thousands of images?

It is up to the image maintainers to release new images.

I think your knowledge/findings need to be shared with WOS forum as i believe they own the most common image VIX which most people use on whichever e2 box they have. Im sure a few of the experts on this forum are also members of WOS or know the experts or image writers? Im only asuming so sorry if im wrong.
Also is your fix working on previously
Favourite Mgcamd or is it a fix for oscam?
But got to rate you for your expertise wish i could retain/understand information like you hackmax. Hopefully we get a simple fix soon as an image update.

The fix I made is submitted to somewhere they can all take it. My fix would work on mgcamd also - although I personally use oscam anyway.

I am fixing the core problem in the e2 firmware, not hacking some PID's etc.

The fix has been submitted to relevant people for inclusion in all images.

At this point it's down to them.
Thank you for sharing and taking the time to work out the root cause! :cool: Here’s hoping the OpenVix, OpenATV and other image makers are able to incorporate a fix into their versions. I am sure myself and others would love to try and apply a fix to our own boxes, but simply don’t have the technical knowledge to do this, I wouldn’t know where to start!

If somebody with a coding background was inclined to make their own change, do you think they could find the module that needed updating?

There is no guarantee that any of them will take my fix.

The fix is a 3rd party component that is used in various parts of the code so would not be replacing a single point. Best to just reflash when/if a fixed image comes out.

Patch and replacement file attached.

Depending on how your images build system works you can use one or the other.

This works by changing the ac3 descriptor to disable the 'bits' if the extra bytes they correspond to are not present - preventing the overflow from occurring.

Attachments

• ac3_descriptor_fix.zip
    1.5 KB · Views: 64
A big thanks to hackmax for sharing the above and the work and effort put in here, just created a test build for a couple of receivers I have here and now tested and working great, thank you.

Ahh Wicked lets hope .. But I dont understand why Im getting black screen on HD channels with mgcamd but clear for oscam..

Would this fix fix this ?

Ahh Wicked lets hope .. But I dont understand why Im getting black screen on HD channels with mgcamd but clear for oscam..

Would this fix fix this ?
The fix I made is submitted to somewhere they can all take it. My fix would work on mgcamd also - although I personally use oscam anyway.

I am fixing the core problem in the e2 firmware, not hacking some PID's etc.
:)

Yeh I have downloaded to looking where to edit .. Vix4 images are being updated now with the patch.. I dont know if there using this one

abm 2.8 not updating config anymore must be new version due out

Back