Missing Satellite Channels on scan - Cloud ibox3

asf

Inactive User
Reaction score
Set up is EGAMI 6.3 & Open PLI - two boxes
Satellite tuner set at 28.8E - Sky & Freeview (UK)
Automatic scan has missing channels eg Sky News CNN Movies MTV BBC Scotland BBC RadioS 1 & 2
The transponder frequency is 10818V 22000 5/6 - no channels found on transponders above approx 12GHZ.
Manual Scan of those specific frequencies shows no signal - SOME other selected transponders (e.g ITV ) will scan satisfactorily manually and identify channels with excellent signal strength.
Similar problem noted on 10714H 22000 5/6 - no Channel4

I updated the satellite.xml file but no change all channels were present in original file anyway - the scan finds 214 channels including some radio channels

In tuner configuration (egami) there is a setting under AUTOBOQUET CONFIGURATION- Hide section - which appears to contain reference to all sky channel types eg Movies Music etc and same for Freeview. Options cant be enabled or removed. Another menu enables regional settings.
Similar problem noted on the another box running Open PLI - I have a separate satellite installation scanning and receiving channels with no difficulty on the above frequencies.
Is this a configuration problem? Anyone with similar problem in receiving those channels at 28.2 E or noting frequencies/transponders on other satellites with same problem? Solution? Tuner problem?
Affects SD & HD Channels.

I was demonstrared an OPENBOX /Skybox F5 which had no problems picking up activity on the above frequencies - all sky channels received.

Just for a test manual transfer a channel list for 28e say Rats Bouquets or Catseye 28e settings.

When you go to though channel in these lists do they work or not ?

Reply - the current system I'm working with is an OpenPLI image which works - had bricked box and sorted with JTAG
Factory reset problem unchanged - Auto bouquet and RATS downloader plugins tried- no effect - channel list downloaded on factory reset shows all 28.8e channels - with programme data on some
eg Sky News but programme gives a "Tune Failed" message when attempting to load

Some channels work and auto scan done previously loads 214 channels - some sky channels work but none such as sky sports including log to show its encrypted.
Sat finder in set up can scan individual transponders as per listed in database and satellite xml file but show no signal on some transponders where there is activity
Above approx 12000GHZ there iare no signals shown despite service allocations to transponders above that

Is this a configuration problem or a design issue - the tuner in the other box I have shows the same behaviour
Any ideas?

Last edited:
Reply - the current system I'm working with is an OpenPLI image which works - had bricked box and sorted with JTAG
Factory reset problem unchanged - Auto bouquet and RATS downloader plugins trie no effect - channel list downloaded on factory reset shows all 28.8e channels - with programme data on some
eg Sky News but programme give a Tune Failed message when attempting to load

Some channels work - and auto scan done previously loads 214 channels - some sky channels worj but none such as sky sports including log to show its encrypted.
Sat finder in set up can scann individual transpoders as per listed in database and satellite xml file but show no signal on some transponders where there is activity
Above approx 12000GHZ there iare no signals shown despite service allocations to transponders above that

Is this a configuration problem or a design issue - the tuner in the other box I have shows the same behaviour
Any ideas?

Could be the tuner or the high band of the LNB that is faulty.

Difficult problem to work out - LNB OK - all channels received on missing frequencies on Cuberevo box on aligned motorised dish - signal on received channels excellent 78- 90% Quality 90%+
Tuner problem?? - anyone else with this issue ? Might try on my sky installed dish

The tuner in my other box behaves the same way.

Difficult problem to work out - LNB OK - all channels received on missing frequencies on Cuberevo box on aligned motorised dish - signal on received channels excellent 78- 90% Quality 90%+
Tuner problem?? - anyone else with this issue ? Might try on my sky installed dish

The tuner in my other box behaves the same way.

No mine scans in over a 1000 channels

Can you sent details of your Sat LNB settings in tuner configuration - I have been sent message by someone on cloud ibox3 forum with a similar problem
What image are you using - I take it you are not using a cloned box?

Can you sent details of your Sat LNB settings in tuner configuration - I have been sent message by someone on cloud ibox3 forum with a similar problem
What image are you using - I take it you are not using a cloned box?

I use openpli or openatv

Tuner is setup as motorised diseqc but for you it would be

Simple
Single
28e

had the same problem with the cloud ibox 3 m8 its the wrong tuner installed think yours is same as mine only finds freesat/freeview channels just over 200 of them inc bt sports living etc but no sky sports or sky movies defo the tuner i tried every image available and 3 different dishes still wouldn't find any more than 214 channels if you can send it back to supplier

I got a 2 plus box yesterday and have exactly the same issue not a happy bunny :(

Transfer a channel list such as catseyes or Rats if just on 28e

Do all channels work. TBH you dont give us much to go on to try help you, no info on dish or how tuner is setup these are needed to advice.

Sorry its a sky mini dish about 18 months old and all the cabling etc is fine I had a F5S box set up on it about 3 months ago. It came with openpli 4 installed on it and I am not sure if its a clone or not. The 217 channels I have all work fine mostly freeview channels but there are a few subscription channels on there aswell like bt sport 1 and 2. I have tried Openpli 3 and 4 images on it and its the same only finds 217 channels

Back