H2H Movie channels audio stream NAR on

Rat

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe unrelated ?
I did a scan today and some channels have no sound .... foxhd syfyhd.... and sky comedyhd has audio description on
I've checked (yellow) audio and no other options are there to change
Maybe virgin or image corrupt?

I can see some iptv suppliers having problems if/when old boxes are replaced to cardless boxes.
As many are hoping of vermin cards.
This also happened when encryption started 28.2°E with “some” suppliers.

As you can see on “some” iptv suppliers are using vermin cards as sly sports has the watermark at bottom right.
Without going into to much detail on an open fourm there is away around but will need a lot of investment.

Is the watermark in the shape of a shield?

Maybe unrelated ?
I did a scan today and some channels have no sound .... foxhd syfyhd.... and sky comedyhd has audio description on
Must be Virgin as Ive just put a back up on from July and its the same

Maybe unrelated ?

I did a fresh install today and also having no sound on H2 HD

Reactions: Rat
I did a fresh install today and also having no sound on H2 HD
Same here on H2HD
Ive not been through them all but those are what I noticed while flicking
Virgin are certainly up to something national

cheers to lincsat i posted a fix for this on the ViX forum earlier. Basically VM have removed the AC3 track information from the usual data stream so the Enigma2 boxes don't know that there is an AC3 stream available. You need to edit your settings with e-chanelizer or similar and manually set the PID's. If the Video PID is 109, then the AC3 PID is 131, if the Video PID is 309, then the AC3 is 331, etc etc. When you change then you set the 1st 3 flags to keep the settings and send back to your box.

Also disable the daily ABM scans as they overwrite the settings despite the flags

cheers to lincsat

BBC1 has naration now and most movie channels

Done a manual scan and got the ITV HD channels back, the scan did not pick up Nick HD at all, and H2 HD still has no sound

so add 22 to the Video PID?

how do you know what the video PID is?

wellI got E-Channelizer but must be an old version as I cant see how to edit AC3

I cant turn off Audio Description on my movie channels (zgemma box)
Have seen a couple of posts on VM forums complaining off same, so looks like a VM problem

Not my work, just copying from elsewhere, but there does seem to be a fix.

You can fix this by altering the lamedb with an editor like e-channelizer. You need to manually set the AC3 Audio PID and the Video PID then disable the automatic updating. On Sky News HD for example, Video PID is 309 and AC3 Audio PID is 331.

Looks like VM have altered the stream information so the Enigma boxes can't read it properly

More info:

Basically VM have removed the AC3 track information from the usual data stream so the Enigma2 boxes don't know that there is an AC3 stream available. You need to edit your settings with e-chanelizer or similar and manually set the PID's. If the Video PID is 109, then the AC3 PID is 131, if the Video PID is 309, then the AC3 is 331, etc etc. When you change then you set the 1st 3 flags to keep the settings and send back to your box.

Also disable the daily ABM scans as they overwrite the settings despite the flags

Last edited:

Press menu / information / service
This will show the service & PIDs

I think this could be area specific though because almost all the HD PIDs on mine are video 209 / audio 241 which is 32 digits apart and not 22 as stated in the fix.
Still not had much luck with it yet.

I dont think you have to change anything you add a tick via (I use DBE)
I did say I think lol Im still messing and restarting trying different things at the minute

then you have to wait and see if narrator talks lol

Attachments

• 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    117.8 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
I dont think you have to change anything you add a tick via (I use DBE)
I did say I think lol Im still messing and restarting trying different things at the minute

then you have to wait and see if narrator talks lol

Does just adding the tick bring back the audio to the channels with the audio missing though?

When i check the service on those channels the audio PID is N/A

Back