ghosts

I think the only arogance on display here is comments like, there are only a few peices to the puzzle missing and that grey matter of the human kind will figure out the answer to everything which would obviously come from the stand point of assuming we are the greatest force in the universe - that's some assumption. And then go on to say things like, as long as we don't destroy our selves before hand, lol, anyone else see something wrong with that picture?

My sentiments exactly.

I've got faith, faith in the human race. Look at what we have achieved already, not Gods or fairys, us, human beings, albiet ones far more brilliant than me but humans all the same. This is why I get pissed off with all this religion and paranormal rubbish, I just feel it is holding us back, stopping us from moving forward at a pace which could be so much quicker with out it. We have got massive problems on the horizon with Global warming and fossil fuel shortage and I know I will be putting my faith in us, humans, to solve it and not some God or powerful force.

Rant over.

Look at what we have acheived, lol?!?!?! Spend life times working pointless jobs, persuing materialism, fame and short lived highs, record levels of stress, diseases and cancer, pollution, corruption, crime, murders.

Yeah, well chuffed so far mate, lol....

Look at what we have acheived, lol?!?!?! Spend life times working pointless jobs, persuing materialism, fame and short lived highs, record levels of stress, diseases and cancer, pollution, corruption, crime, murders.

frazer_doomed.jpg

All part of life, I never said it was perfect. Nearly 7 billion of us and rising, looking from a speices standpoint thats a pretty good rate for how long we have been here.

Funny how all these people who claim bliss in the afterlife but none of them are rushing to get there.

and thats just what the bible tells us to do!

I think the only arogance on display here is comments like, there are only a few peices to the puzzle missing and that grey matter of the human kind will figure out the answer to everything which would obviously come from the stand point of assuming we are the greatest force in the universe - that's some assumption. And then go on to say things like, as long as we don't destroy our selves before hand, lol, anyone else see something wrong with that picture?
Only with your interpretation of it.

The process is clear for everyone to see. Since the dawn of time, rationality and reason has slowly help us understand the world around us, and the rate of new discovery seems to have increased rather than decreased. What the completed puzzle might show us, assuming we can even finish it, is obviously not yet clear, but that doesn't we should stop trying to complete it, the way religion/faith has chosen to do.

yeah, over religous reasons. thanks for that.
Bingo.

Fanatics hide behind religion, they don't represent it, they abuse it.

Think he was refering to Iran, a religious state trying to blow up Israel, another religious state....not fanatics at all.

Hey, maybe we will see Darwins survival of the fittest in all it's glory and they blow each other up and do us all a favour.

Think he was refering to Iran, a religious state trying to blow up Israel, another religious state....not fanatics at all.

Hey, maybe we will see Darwins survival of the fittest in all it's glory and they blow each other up and do us all a favour.

All religions promote peace so anyone who uses religion to insight hate or harm is abusing it and is not a true representitive of the faith. That includes heads of state beleive it or not. Lol, imagine what else our politicians could get away with if they could pull the religion wool over our under educated eyes.

All religions promote peace so anyone who uses religion to insight hate or harm is abusing it and is not a true representitive of the faith. That includes heads of state beleive it or not. Lol, imagine what else our politicians could get away with if they could pull the religion wool over our under educated eyes.

Are you not supporting my argument?? Religion has always been abused throughout history, so are we not better off without it??

The heads of state of iran and Israel are democratically voted, so the majority agree with there actions and statements, are you saying that, they are as a whole a nation of fanatics??

Are you not supporting my argument?? Religion has always been abused throughout history, so are we not better off without it??

The heads of state of iran and Israel are democratically voted, so the majority agree with there actions and statements, are you saying that, they are as a whole a nation of fanatics??

You know the answer to that. You need to step back from the debate a little becasue you are losing sight of the forest for the trees.

I could just as easily say that we are much better off without science. The atom bomb would never have been invented and there would be 99% less pollution etc, etc.

Education has much more to do with the violence in these countries, not religion.

you honestly think the world would be BETTER if we ignored science? how do you think we feed 6 billion people? thru reading the bible?

you honestly think the world would be BETTER if we ignored science? how do you think we feed 6 billion people? thru reading the bible?

Without science there wouldn't be six billion people to feed and we'd still be living in caves worshipping fire.

I could just as easily say that we are much better off without science.

You lot are inventing your own arguments now, lol...

lets leave it at this ppl
we all have our beliefs and nothing will change them

but unlike iran/iraq etc etc

we have a choice so let us all choose and leave others to there choice

You know the answer to that. You need to step back from the debate a little becasue you are losing sight of the forest for the trees.

I could just as easily say that we are much better off without science. The atom bomb would never have been invented and there would be 99% less pollution etc, etc.

Education has much more to do with the violence in these countries, not religion.

Education in religion, If the bible or koran can be perverted so easily why did god write it in the first place, considering he's all knowing and powerful?

This thread has gone way off topic. sorry op.

Education in religion, If the bible or koran can be perverted so easily why did god write it in the first place, considering he's all knowing and powerful?

This thread has gone way off topic. sorry op.

Becasue the Bible was written by hundreds of men over 400 years, not by God. The Bible has been interpreted differently almost more times than it has been printed.

The Koran has been edited and printing & circulation funded by fanatics, who are basically criminals, to include things like you have to hate Christians etc. The more educated and older muslims will tell you this whilst the least educated continue to be brainwashed under the name of religion.

So anyway Wilson, I would just meditate on what is in front of you and not jump to any conclusions. The dog for example may have been barking at the elecy metre in the cupboard becasue it was emitting a ultra high frequency noise that humans can't hear... You don't want to be one of these people who instantly jumps to paranormal reasons for everything... Now thems the kind of people who watch Most Haunted:proud:

Back