ghosts

but all the atheists and non believers
i bet u this
on there death bed i bet they ask god for help

Bet you I don't! Can't believe you posted such a load of crap.

Mediums exist only to rip off gullible people, get them in front of a unbiased audience and they are powerless - they get their info through cold reading and other well documented techniques.

Bet you I don't! Can't believe you posted such a load of crap.

Mediums exist only to rip off gullible people, get them in front of a unbiased audience and they are powerless - they get their info through cold reading and other well documented techniques.
that is your opinion
and as i stated i dont make any money from what i do i actually make a loss
if u ever go to a spiritualist meeting
in a church
well when i do a reading all i ask is for a yes or no to what i tell them

You can't take it out of context mate - this isn't my outlook on life. You can either burry your head in the sand and distract yourself with all the instant short lived highs in life like, beer, films, games yadda yadda, which you can spend a whole life time doing. Or, you can wake up and open your eyes and ask yourself what is it worth? What is really important? Asking yourself qestions like that will probably lead to even more questions, but asking questions like this will force you to face up to a lot of things, and dare say effect almost every aspect of your life - takes guts, people don't like change and you will be taking yourself out of the norm, people will judge you just like the science posse are judging the other half in this thread! You have to have thick skin and be a strong enough person to take it.

Now, I'm obviously no enlightened being, but I think enlightenment is the ultimate anyone can acheive in life and I personally strive to get closer to it every day.

One thing I have learned (and try to remember) is that you can't tell people about the things I have sort my self and learned and expect people to take it under their wing. For you, or anyone else to understand it you have to want to understand it and activly seek it out for yourself or the senitiments carry absolutly no value.

You can't expect me to explain 10 years of a way of life to, no offence, really, your average working class hero with stuborn, deep rooted opinions which won't move for anyone.. on a web forum - it isn't going to happen, you're not going to understand. The best thing you can do is accept that and let it go instead of trying to box it off and put a label on it. Like Rich and probably others, are totally confussed about where I'm coming from. But that isn't my problem, that's their problem for holding onto the stereotypes and ignorance on the subject they do. Don't burden it on me.

I get the impression that the science part of this argument thinks they have the upper hand, that says more about the scientific side of the argument than anything else. The spiritual side of the argument would say go ahead, if you feel like you need to tally this as a win, then knock yourself out - it's just another short lived small high. Days later the same people will be looking for another debate they can claim a victory to to make them feel whole again.

If David wants to close the thread then he has every right because it has now gone into religion, and debates like this have gone very wrong in the past, and were even banned from being discussed. And again, with the constructive comments like those from BigBadMan and v14 it could have decended long ago, but it's been pretty civil all in all.

If David closes the post then it won't look badly him because there is now nowhere else the argument can go, not becasue he is trying to chasdise the otherside of the argument. But again, if that is how you want to see it becasue it makes you feel like you have provoked a reaction that somehow makes a martar out of your argument... then go ahead, lol.

Anyway, I got invited to an anti war demo today, but sacked it off... desided to go to the pro peace rally instead :)

:Clap:

I've really enjoyed reading your posts mate, unfortunately it seems your common sense logic is lost on a lot of people but I found it interesting nonetheless.

You can't take it out of context mate - this isn't my outlook on life. You can either burry your head in the sand and distract yourself with all the instant short lived highs in life like, beer, films, games yadda yadda, which you can spend a whole life time doing. Or, you can wake up and open your eyes and ask yourself what is it worth? What is really important? Asking yourself qestions like that will probably lead to even more questions, but asking questions like this will force you to face up to a lot of things, and dare say effect almost every aspect of your life - takes guts, people don't like change and you will be taking yourself out of the norm, people will judge you just like the science posse are judging the other half in this thread! You have to have thick skin and be a strong enough person to take it.

I don't know what school you went to mate but where I'm from we are forced to learn religion from an early age so surely it us, the "free thinkers" that are breaking free and changing from the shackles put on us.

, I'm obviously no enlightened being, but I think enlightenment is the ultimate anyone can acheive in life and I personally strive to get closer to it every day.

One thing I have learned (and try to remember) is that you can't tell people about the things I have sort my self and learned and expect people to take it under their wing. For you, or anyone else to understand it you have to want to understand it and activly seek it out for yourself or the senitiments carry absolutly no value.

You can't expect me to explain 10 years of a way of life to, no offence, really, your average working class hero with stuborn, deep rooted opinions which won't move for anyone.. on a web forum - it isn't going to happen, you're not going to understand. The best thing you can do is accept that and let it go instead of trying to box it off and put a label on it. Like Rich and probably others, are totally confussed about where I'm coming from. But that isn't my problem, that's their problem for holding onto the stereotypes and ignorance on the subject they do. Don't burden it on me.
No one asked you to join this thread. I've made no assumptions about you but it seems you have about me. How hypocritical are you?? i've just asked you some questions mainly, which you just avoid. Seems like you got a fair way to go on your enlightenment path mate.

get the impression that the science part of this argument thinks they have the upper hand, that says more about the scientific side of the argument than anything else. The spiritual side of the argument would say go ahead, if you feel like you need to tally this as a win, then knock yourself out - it's just another short lived small high. Days later the same people will be looking for another debate they can claim a victory to to make them feel whole again.
Another massive assumption. Do you always see the worst in people?

:Clap:

I've really enjoyed reading your posts mate, unfortunately it seems your common sense logic is lost on a lot of people but I found it interesting nonetheless.

Cheers pal, even if you were the only person who can see what I'm getting at, then that's cool... Gonna sign off from it now though and top it off with a Xianggong session ;-)

Rich, sorry mate, you're taking it personally now for some reason. Have to agree to disagree I suppose man!?!?

Cheers pal, even if you were the only person who can see what I'm getting at, then that's cool... Gonna sign off from it now though and top it off with a Xianggong session ;-)

Rich, sorry mate, you're taking it personally now for some reason. Have to agree to disagree I suppose man!?!?

yeah, we will mate. Good luck in finding what your looking for.

Now, I'm obviously no enlightened being, but I think enlightenment is the ultimate anyone can acheive in life and I personally strive to get closer to it every day.

I get the impression that the science part of this argument thinks they have the upper hand, that says more about the scientific side of the argument than anything else. The spiritual side of the argument would say go ahead, if you feel like you need to tally this as a win, then knock yourself out - it's just another short lived small high. Days later the same people will be looking for another debate they can claim a victory to to make them feel whole again.

If David wants to close the thread then he has every right because it has now gone into religion, and debates like this have gone very wrong in the past, and were even banned from being discussed. And again, with the constructive comments like those from BigBadMan and v14 it could have decended long ago, but it's been pretty civil all in all.

If David closes the post then it won't look badly him because there is now nowhere else the argument can go, not becasue he is trying to chasdise the otherside of the argument. But again, if that is how you want to see it becasue it makes you feel like you have provoked a reaction that somehow makes a martar out of your argument... then go ahead, lol.

Anyway, I got invited to an anti war demo today, but sacked it off... desided to go to the pro peace rally instead :)

First off,,credit to you for a detailed and interesting reply that ive had to go over a few times to get it in my head and although i might not agree with all of it, i certainly respect it.

I accept that in life there are things that cannot be explained but with the progression of the human race we are understanding more as time goes on.
Some of the things we question today might well be answered tomorrow but its how we answer these questions that causes conflict between the science and the religion imo.

The scientific community rely on facts,principle and structure to get a theory proven beyond doubt and claim it as genuine.
Religion is a belief that requires a leap of faith and acceptance that we cannot explain everything but we believe there is something more in after life.

Its pretty obvious that there are clear conflicts between the two sides that they will "never" agree on but as far as i can see religion is loosing the battle and as time goes on their grip on power which has been driven in the past by fear and intimidation by organised groups.
I dont believe that the scientific side are creating an argument they are simply questioning religion and the response seems to be pretty vague and people are not buying it anymore.

For this debate to progress we need to separate organised religion from spiritual belief as they are two seperate issues.
Organised religion is tainted and invented and written by early mankind and through evolution has became driven by power,greed and corruption.

Spiritual belief however is in all of us in varying forms and its down to the individual how it effects them in life.
Personally i accept that we are mortal and one day we will die and we will find out then whats next.
I accept that and don't fear it, why waste energy on something we know nothing about or powerless to change.
By that way of thinking i feel free and have no time for religious threats about a guy with horns and a big bad fire or someone with a big white beard standing at a gate.
If god made us to be like this then he must have a helluva sick sense of humour by giving you the tools to think but punishing you for doing it.

So is there anything after life????,,,how the hell would i know..lol.:Cheers:

I accept that in life there are things that cannot be explained but with the progression of the human race we are understanding more as time goes on.
Some of the things we question today might well be answered tomorrow but its how we answer these questions that causes conflict between the science and the religion imo.

Hoopy mate, good post. The part i don't get is the bit I quoted. What answers have religion given us to the problems we have faced and the problems we are facing??

How is religion going to solve global warming or fuel shortage??

The scientists will be testing, researching and looking for alternatives, what will the religious lot be doing....praying the scientists solve the problem.

Hoopy mate, good post. The part i don't get is the bit I quoted. What answers have religion given us to the problems we have faced and the problems we are facing??

How is religion going to solve global warming or fuel shortage??

The scientists will be testing, researching and looking for alternatives, what will the religious lot be doing....praying the scientists solve the problem.

I agree 100%.
They simply wont have any answers to world problems and imo will use the problems as a tool to put fear into people to get their numbers up.
That's how low my opinion of organised religion is and that's based on the history of religion and what i have seen in my lifetime.

Religion will never solve any world problems as its impervious to facts and logic which is our building blocks of society and maintaining the planet.
In a way,,you could say that we are incompatible with religion.lol

Ah right, got the wrong end of the stick again. I thought you was trying to say something else mate.

I think organised religion is what has tainted my view on all things spiritual.

Ah right, got the wrong end of the stick again. I thought you was trying to say something else mate.

I think organised religion is what has tainted my view on all things spiritual.

No problem mate.:)

Like i said earlier i think there are two debates in this thread, one is debating organised religion and the other is spiritual belief.
One is an evil power in decline and the other is freedom to believe what you want or not at all.

I was flicking through the channels last night and I found Derek Accora talking to dead dogs and giving their owners loving messages.

What's that all about?

I'm all for the after-life etc, gives me something to look forward too even if it is all bullshit, but a medium talking to a dead Dog is just Shirley Ghostman material.

I was flicking through the channels last night and I found Derek Accora talking to dead dogs and giving their owners loving messages.

What's that all about?

I'm all for the after-life etc, gives me something to look forward too even if it is all bullshit, but a medium talking to a dead Dog is just Shirley Ghostman material.

Derek Accora was a very well respected figure in the smoke and mirrors world that is spiritualism. A legend in fact.

Then he went on the telly and exposed himself as a total cock and a charlatan.

FFS he was on a few weeks ago talking to Michael Jackson .

That other wee ball sack Colin Fry was the same, total twat.

A load of bull.

On Most Haunted I think he felt that he HAD to make contact in every episode, sometimes he got fook all so he made it up and lost a lot of respect.

I've still not watched the Michael Jackson episode, I'm not sure I want to watch a 40 year old Virgin dressed as MJ crying on national TV.

I've still not watched the Michael Jackson episode, I'm not sure I want to watch a 40 year old Virgin dressed as MJ crying on national TV.

It was painful to watch. Desperate in fact.

But milked wholeheartedly by a fake ghost talker.

I'd rather take my chances with existentialism than waste my life hoping for some great bright heavenly afterlife.

I know we are trying to keep some distance between religion and ghosts for the sake of moderation, but...

Why?

I mean the whole God thing, why?

Why are we here, why is space infinite, and why have billions of stars out there, all completely unique in form doing their own little thing?

Why?

I know we are trying to keep some distance between religion and ghosts for the sake of moderation, but...

Why?

I mean the whole God thing, why?

Why are we here, why is space infinite, and why have billions of stars out there, all completely unique in form doing their own little thing?

Why?

I have some answers for you, come over here and sit on my lap.

Back