ghosts

wilson1980

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
just wondering if its true what they say about kids at a certain age can c ghosts and spirts..my little girl is 3 and a half months and everytime we go into her grans house she always looks at a picture she has on the wall off a ladys face..now the picture is dark and shes wearing a hat so the eyes it looks like u cant c. normally kids look at bright colours but u can b playin with her and she can just be lyin there and she'll keep turnin her head to this picture and sometimes smiles but smilin could be anything..its just funny cause we all watch her now when shes there.. next time im going to take a picture and post her watching it

i think psychics use kids to back up their 'claims' that they can see/comminucate with spirits in the same way they use dogs, cats, etc. - they can't answer back properly and explain their perfectly natural behaviour as "oh, they see the ghosts"

babies recognise faces and shapes of faces and get to know them. i'm sure i watched a documentary about it by that dr robert winston.

just my personal opinion though

It's a big enough leap to believe in ghosts in the first place, but to interpret the random behavior of children as evidence of some unique ability to see them, which conveniently disappears as they grow old enough to tell the tale, is probably not a very solid foundation for a rational argument. ;)

Ghosts and spirits do not exist, except in Fairy Stories.

i believe theres somethings out there but things like Psychics and that are full off it.i remember when i was younger and my dog barkin and growlin at a cupboard in my house and run over into the corner off the room..why he done that ill never know

Last edited:
i believe theres somethings out there
Out where? In your cupboard? The only thing that's "out there" is people's willingness to fool themselves with childish superstition.

i remember when i was younger and my dog barkin and growlin at a cupboard in my house and run over into the corner off the room..why he done that ill never know
Why on Earth would you attribute the random behavior of an animal as evidence of the supernatural???

Out where? In your cupboard? The only thing that's "out there" is people's willingness to fool themselves with childish superstition.

Why on Earth would you attribute the random behavior of an animal as evidence of the supernatural???

ive mayb read to much about kids and dogs having a sixth sense so ill put the cupboard thing down to a cat being in there and the picture down to me gettin it mixed up and my wee one was watchin a flat screen on the wall..

dogs have much more sensitive hearing/sense of smell. could be all manner of rational explanations, a draft, weird smell. anything.

it's the same reason people believe in religion - they're scared to accept that their isn't something after we die so they try to explain it.

if it give people comfort in life, let them believe thats what i say. my beef is with psychics, when asked them to prove it to a non-believer it's explained "oh, you don't have an open mind, you'll never experience anything". Very convienient.

dogs have much more sensitive hearing/sense of smell. could be all manner of rational explanations, a draft, weird smell. anything.

it's the same reason people believe in religion - they're scared to accept that their isn't something after we die so they try to explain it.

if it give people comfort in life, let them believe thats what i say. my beef is with psychics, when asked them to prove it to a non-believer it's explained "oh, you don't have an open mind, you'll never experience anything". Very convienient.
there are some psychics out there who do use people but the are also some genuine psychics

but then i believe you have them mixed up with mediums
entirely different
a psychic uses feeling and a medium uses a gift to tlak to the so called dead

how do i know all this

well i am infact a medium

do i do this for gain

no i do it to help pepole
to prove to them that life does continue but on a different plain
and no i am not like a johovahs witness i dont try to convert you
i have brought people comfort and proof

there are some psychics out there who do use people but the are also some genuine psychics

entirely different

how do i know all this

do i do this for gain

i'm an extra large

I-See-Stupid-People.jpg

entirely different

how do i know all this

do i do this for gain

you are right, psyhics/mediums i was grouping them together without much thought. no offence was intended.

i accept what people tell me more often than not, if they believe what they are saying i would never say someone was lying - it's their interpretation of whats going on. no-one is wrong or right - it's your view. my mother-in-law is a healer and training to be a psychic. She gave me some good messages about my mum and dad (no longer here) and they were very apt. However, it didn't convince me, it's all stuff she could have known but i wouldn't say she deliberatley lied to me either. It's how she interperated her feelings/memories/messages/whatever.

for me personally, to be a believer i'd have to SEE something, hear something. Hence, my boardname - i come from a 'science' point of view, not 1 of faith.

entirely different

how do i know all this

do i do this for gain

You have proof??

Talk to these guys then.

Challenge Info

Funny how no ones proved it yet.

We have so many things that cannot be explained by normal means, like how some big fat t**t gets down the chimney of evey house in 1 night, and does it every year, and what does the tooth fairy do with all the teeth. Like how some geezer, 2000 years ago, rose again from the dead.

Believeing there are spirits and ghosts is no more "childish" than believing their are angels or god(s).

Believeing there are spirits and ghosts is no more "childish" than believing their are angels or god(s).
Indeed. ;)

Convincing the faithful and superstitious of matters of an other-worldly nature is as easy as convincing a small child that you can pull off his nose and put it back on again, but it isn't proof.

Just look at how spooked certain people are after watching a movie like Paranormal Activity. While it's obvious to most that it's a fictional piece of work, many people still don't like watching it alone in the dark, because it somehow triggers the superstitious part of their brain that overrides the logical part, which would otherwise tell them there are no ghosts in their own house, but that's the imaginary scenario that feeds the irrational fear.

With that in mind, it's no wonder it's easy to convince the faithful that you can speak to the dead or pull off their noses... even if you're really just pulling their leg.

Indeed. ;)

Convincing the faithful and superstitious of matters of an other-worldly nature is as easy as convincing a small child that you can pull off his nose and put it back on again, but it isn't proof.

Just look at how spooked certain people are after watching a movie like Paranormal Activity. While it's obvious to most that it's a fictional piece of work, many people still don't like watching it alone in the dark, because it somehow triggers the superstitious part of their brain that overrides the logical part, which would otherwise tell them there are no ghosts in their own house, but that's the imaginary scenario that feeds the irrational fear.

With that in mind, it's no wonder it's easy to convince the faithful that you can speak to the dead or pull off their noses... even if you're really just pulling their leg.
a medium doesnt allways talk to the dead there are different kinds of medium
some work with sence some hear some seesome if they are lucky have all the gifts
i will tell u one thinbg where i gave proff
i was tlaking to an old man
and his father showed me a fob watch
i told the man this
he said yes he had a fob watch
(ok many men in that era had a fob watch )
so no proof there
i told him some more info
then the watch was shown to me
again and he told me look
i did and the time on the watch was 3:30 and then i was told 29th september 1936
i told the man this
it was the same time the same date that his father died

now ok u can say i guessed
but work out the odds at me picking the exact time and exact date of his fathers passing
it would be easier to win the lottery

My Mum and my Aunts used to dabbled with the QuiJa board.

They were told some very interesting things, most of which came true.

One that sticks out was, they were allegedly talking to my dead Granny and she told them that my uncle John had kidney trouble and he should go see a doctor. My Mum phoned John and explained what had happened and he laughed it off saying his kidneys were fine, less than a month later he was diagnosed with kidney cancer.

Cue Scooby Doo music......

:)

those who dont believe wont, its a simple fact, im the same its either black or white sort of thing.

had i not been in the postion of seeing and clearly hearing things i cant explain i would be saying the same thing as most in this thread it bs but i have been in that postion and i will say there is something out there and ive experienced it, its easy to boo something you have not seen first hand.

2 houses we lived in and one time at patley bridge firmly confirmed to me there is something we cant explain,

all when i was in my early teens,and the comment of dogs being able to see or bark at things is right as the one house where it was most prevelent our dog used to go wild in the very room where i witnessed it, and just to add it wasnt a ghost as in a figure or mist it was clear voice and things moving. boo it if you want i dont bs and it doesnt change the fact.

nothing since we moved and nothing since i got older, but that doesnt mean it didnt happen it did,and i think this is probably one of the first times ive posted on it, probably because people get seen as nutjobs like the ufo spotters.

and for the record the tv programs are bs and most mediums, but to base your knocking on something you have not seen or heard and by the w@nky tv programs you have seen is stupid.

and for the proof people theres a lot in this world thats not proven (or makes sense to you) but you take it as is.

laugh away, knock away, i wouldnt expect anything less as i would be doing the same if i hadnt been in the postion of seeing and hearing, and im not a nut job i dont hear voices in my head blah blah blah, i know these posts can seem as if the person posting is one apple short of a fruit basket.

people feel the need to explain things. in science, i like to think they give their best guess as to what it MIGHT be, rather than saying it IS this, like religion does. it gives no room for arguement.

just cause we don't know what it is at the moment, doesn't mean we won't know in the future.

Back