ghosts

i'm scared of dying because i want to go on living. i'm thinking about today not planning for tomorrow once i'm dead. why waste your life making sure you're going to be happy in the next life that you don't even know exists.

People who ignore the evolution card ignore decades of research. I'm sure the yanks with their teaching in schools will greet u with open arms

407833079054d887a3efcopy.jpg

I quote Albert EInstine: "Imagination is more important than knowledge"
But again, it's important to understand the context of the comment, and to make a distinction between delusion and imagination. My own feeble little mind does from time to time ponder various after-life scenarios, much like it toys with the idea of a night of passion with Shakira. The latter being a particularly unrealistic prospect I would think. The point being, I'd be perfectly happy to accept some concept of life after death, I'm just smart enough to understand that the child-like notion of heaven that many of the faithful subscribe to is just plain silly.

It's funny how you can't grasp what I am saying about my killing myself if I thought there was nothing else to life
I understood it very clearly. It's not a complicated point, or indeed one I haven't heard before.

most cynics don't, but can't explain their desire to eat, shit and breath for 80 years only to completly seise existing at the end of it.
I suppose people would class me as a cynic. I'm only cynical about what I consider child-like nonsense, but I don't require an explanation for what my day-to-day life may or may not mean in the grand scheme of things. It's possible it's all cosmic randomness, and that our 80-odd year slice of eternity is utterly insignificant in a grander scheme of things beyond our comprehension, but it's almost certainly not possible that the afterlife means roaming around the back of Wilson1980's cupboard, visible only to his four-legged friend. :)

There is as much evidence for all this as you say these is against it... Life after Death experience studies, subtle energy studies, etc etc...
Scientific, as opposed to a faith-based approaches, which have not yet yielded any results or even anything that even remotely resembles a coherent theory, which is why the best case for the supernatural remains child-like claims about confused dogs and the misinterpretation of the random behavior of children.

But again, it's important to understand the context of the comment, and to make a distinction between delusion and imagination. My own feeble little mind does from time to time ponder various after-life scenarios, much like it toys with the idea of a night of passion with Shakira. The latter being a particularly unrealistic prospect I would think. The point being, I'd be perfectly happy to accept some concept of life after death, I'm just smart enough to understand that the child-like notion of heaven that many of the faithful subscribe to is just plain silly.

I understood it very clearly. It's not a complicated point, or indeed one I haven't heard before.

I suppose people would class me as a cynic. I'm only cynical about what I consider child-like nonsense, but I don't require an explanation for what my day-to-day life may or may not mean in the grand scheme of things. It's possible it's all cosmic randomness, and that our 80-odd year slice of eternity is utterly insignificant in a grander scheme of things beyond our comprehension, but it's almost certainly not possible that the afterlife means roaming around the back of Wilson1980's cupboard, visible only to his four-legged friend. :)

Scientific, as opposed to a faith-based approaches, which have not yet yielded any results or even anything that even remotely resembles a coherent theory, which is why the best case for the supernatural remains child-like claims about confused dogs and the misinterpretation of the random behavior of children.

I don't know mate, you seem to think you have me and others here all sumed up. I don't subscribe to any sort of religion - I'll appease and let you box me off as a Taoist, I beleive in nature. I would let you box me off as a spiritualist, but I'm sure your deffinition of one is greatly different to mine.

I can see why you'd insist that the view of people who think God is an old bloke with a big white beard, and that we sit on clouds when we die, as childish, but, that, again, is something that I don't believe is true. But people perscribe to that becasue it's accessible - it's the idea that counts, the general feeling, you can't apply strict rules and semantics to spiritual maters, which is why people from scientific stand points feel challenged, becasue that is their nature.

I believe in energy and nature, not books written by men who lost touch with nature long ago.

Last edited:
I don't know what life is all about and im open to it. I dread to think how far we would have got in life if everyone believed it is what it is and there is nothing else.

Who knows? who really truthfully knows what life is all about i certainly don't, i don't fear death one bit, i try to live my life to the full and be the best person that i can and that's it. If theres one thing i do believe in though it's karma what goes around comes around.

I don't know what life is all about and im open to it. I dread to think how far we would have got in life if everyone believed it is what it is and there is nothing else.

Who knows? who really truthfully knows what life is all about i certainly don't, i don't fear death one bit, i try to live my life to the full and be the best person that i can and that's it. If theres one thing i do believe in though it's karma what goes around comes around.

You mean that karym6 at some point in the future is going to be robbed of his nickers at gunpoint?

Excellent :)

You mean that karym6 at some point in the future is going to be robbed of his nickers at gunpoint?

Excellent :)

Rofl yep in a tent clutching a 10 euro note, whilst pretending he is solid snake.

I don't know mate, you seem to think you have me and others here all sumed up.
Only in as much as I think that, for reasons that are very obvious, a lot of you are extremely willing and able to convince yourselves of certain things.

you can't apply strict rules and semantics to spiritual maters, which is why people from scientific stand points feel challenged, becasue that is their nature.
Well, there will obviously be some kind of scientific explanation for spiritual matters. Even if there is such a thing as an afterlife, it will be rooted in some kind of explainable, observable law of physics, that we've not yet been able to decipher.

I believe in energy and nature, not books written by men who lost touch with nature long ago.
Well, nature is not a bad foundation, but don't forget, nature is science in its purest form. I think there's particular relevance to the cyclical nature of things, but I also know that nature is cruel, and that it wouldn't necessarily care if the things that you at this very moment believe make you you, are at all worth preserving. Much of the nonsense stems from people's preoccupation and obsession with the now, but maybe we and our now is just not all that important. On the other hand, maybe it is, but when a tree dies and dissolves back into the air and ground, it does for all intents and purposes cease to exist in terms of what made it a tree for so long, but it still plays its part in the grand, eternal scheme of things, which does seem to be cyclical in nature, though perhaps not in as banal and self-obsessed a way that some would like it to be.

Regardless, the idea proposed by mediums and the sort, which suggests that the dead live on in some sort of otherworldly reality from which they can communicate with us strikes me as quite absurd. If we take a science/nature view on this, it seems more likely that we might be able to leave behind an emotional footprint of sort, which people particularly attuned to such thing might be able to gleam something about the deceased from. The limited information contained in such a footprint might also account for the inaccuracy of mediums, without detracting from the fact that they do indeed have a gift of sorts. This would be very different than literally communicating with the dead, or confirmation of people's beliefs about the afterlife, though. Like some of the examples I gave earlier, it's probably a question of understanding what it is mediums really do, and not over-selling it as something it's not.

I don't know what life is all about .

sargie google it like everything else bud cause im still on page 4 googlin what things mean lol this is way over my head like..times like this when i feel dumb lol

dont know what ive started with this post but hey thats life

I am one of those people that believes none of this nonsense until I am stood tall before the man, in which case I will obviously apologise profusely.

Absolutely non of this matters as in approximately 5 billion years I believe the Earth will be swallowed up by the Sun as it enters its white giant phase. My point being is what happens then in the heaven utopia?

I mean this in a rare non-comedy way.

The whole heaven thing is sold on us all hopefully ending up there, with all our long lost friends, family and pets waiting to greet us and then lead us to our digs. What happens when there are no more people? What will everyone do in heaven, will it be a perpetual Groundhog Day with no new arrivals?

Nah, there is something that our subconcious tunes into but it is purely scientific.

And with regard to energy and the fact that it cannot be created, where did it all come from then?

Messa.

PS Your Worship, if you are reading this, SORRY !!

here is another one for you
i was giving a reading for a woman
telling her i was talking to her dad
all i could see was the colour black
i said tto her all he is saying is black
and that is all you need
she said yes thanks

at the end of the reading i asked her what black was
she saidd that was his surname

now contrary to what ppl think we dont get the full story of ppls lives we may only recive small snipets that dont mean anything to us
or to other ppl
it only makes sence to the person the reading is for

but anyway as i siad i am not tring to convert anybody
this is my belief if u dont believe then that is up to you

this is my belief if u dont believe then that is up to you[/QUOTE]

Yes so you have said three times lol.

Nah, there is something that our subconcious tunes into but it is purely scientific.
if when you die and there isnt anything else
what can our subconcious tune into

memories??
a memory will only excist in a mind if that mind dies then the memory doenst excist any more
unless the spark of life that i call the spirit(ghost )continues to survive

I am one of those people that believes none of this nonsense until I am stood tall before the man, in which case I will obviously apologise profusely.

What man?

If you believe none of this, then how can you believe in the man?

:err:

its a load of bullshit how many peeps have been fooled of these so called mediums when they are deffo a large . All this i can here other peeps from the other side yeah right fooking garbage

Back