ghosts

Without science there wouldn't be six billion people to feed and we'd still be living in caves worshipping fire.
Ah, fire. Giver of warmth, roaster of chicken, destroyer of incriminating paperwork, I bow before your flaming might.

Becasue the Bible was written by hundreds of men over 400 years, not by God. The Bible has been interpreted differently almost more times than it has been printed.

The Koran has been edited and printing & circulation funded by fanatics, who are basically criminals, to include things like you have to hate Christians etc. The more educated and older muslims will tell you this whilst the least educated continue to be brainwashed under the name of religion.

So anyway Wilson, I would just meditate on what is in front of you and not jump to any conclusions. The dog for example may have been barking at the elecy metre in the cupboard becasue it was emitting a ultra high frequency noise that humans can't hear... You don't want to be one of these people who instantly jumps to paranormal reasons for everything... Now thems the kind of people who watch Most Haunted:proud:

madeinbeats, I don't get you mate. Do you believe in the bible or the koran??

if you don't, what are we arguing about? The believers believe it was written by god or by god through man or a prophet.

I know it was written by man, it's got so many holes in it, it could only be written by man.

Last edited:
madeinbeats, I don't get you mate. Do you believe in the bible or the koran??

if you don't, what are we arguing about? The believers believe it was written by god or by god through man or a prophet.

I know it was written by man, it's got so many holes in it, it could only be written by man.

Implore this my friend - What religion does God practice? Think about it and please post your thoughts.

Don't just stereotype me (or anyone else) that becasue I am spiritual I am daft, gullible, easily led, desperate, vulnerable and away with the fairies etc...

I don't believe in god and it looks like you don't believe in organised religion but you defend it for some reason?? your argument is all over the place, pretty much like religion.

It's funny how your meant to be the spiritual one and we are all connected and all that but I believe in my fellow man more than you. Go figure.

Last edited:
So anyway Wilson, I would just meditate on what is in front of you and not jump to any conclusions. The dog for example may have been barking at the elecy metre in the cupboard becasue it was emitting a ultra high frequency noise that humans can't hear... You don't want to be one of these people who instantly jumps to paranormal reasons for everything... Now thems the kind of people who watch Most Haunted:proud:

lol no probs bud..the dog thing was just something i said after i said about my wee girl with the pic. people believe in something others dont. some off us are lucky to c things some are not. just one off these things that not everyone will agree on unless theres proof. lets just hope this fat guy is real cause if not my kids will be sad lol

lol no probs bud..the dog thing was just something i said after i said about my wee girl with the pic. people believe in something others dont. some off us are lucky to c things some are not. just one off these things that not everyone will agree on unless theres proof. lets just hope this fat guy is real cause if not my kids will be sad lol

lol..if only mate.

Are you not supporting my argument?? Religion has always been abused throughout history, so are we not better off without it??

The heads of state of iran and Israel are democratically voted, so the majority agree with there actions and statements, are you saying that, they are as a whole a nation of fanatics??

That isn't necessarily the point. The fact that the leaders are chosen democratically and the fact that fanatics are in power is more due to the fact that there is no other alternative or very few alternative, which leads to these fanatics being chosen because the population have either no other choice or feel it is the right choice given their circumstances.

That isn't necessarily the point. The fact that the leaders are chosen democratically and the fact that fanatics are in power is more due to the fact that there is no other alternative or very few alternative, which leads to these fanatics being chosen because the population have either no other choice or feel it is the right choice given their circumstances.

I think there are alternatives mate but they have trouble gaining power even if they win an election...lol. in all serious though there is massive support for whatsfordinnerdad just maybe not a majority.

my point is really mate what good comes out of religion? Can you name a deeply religious state that is a force for good....cause i can't.

Edit:Buddist states?? the only religion that is totally tolerant of other religions.

Last edited:
ok back on topic or i close the thread

ok back on topic or i close the thread

No disrespect to you David, but I think if you were to close this thread it would look like you took the ball home.

Is it that far off topic it needs closing?

No disrespect to you David, but I think if you were to close this thread it would look like you took the ball home.

Is it that far off topic it needs closing?
well i think it is

so i will continue to watch and if it vears off to much i will close it

well i think it is

so i will continue to watch and if it vears off to much i will close it

You mean if you're argument in favour of spiritualism gets beaten by logic and fact you'll close it?

It's simple to me (or simples as the morons on here would say)

There is no God. I'm not going to go and blow someone up to prove it.

Faith? Ha I'll have faith in myself instead ANY AND ALL religious pish.

Ghost - FFS grow up are you the same people who make Uri Geller a millionaire?

It's simple to me (or simples as the morons on here would say)

There is no God. I'm not going to go and blow someone up to prove it.

Faith? Ha I'll have faith in myself instead ANY AND ALL religious pish.

Ghost - FFS grow up are you the same people who make Uri Geller a millionaire?

Ahmen to that shit.

fo shizl

Last edited:
Look at what we have acheived, lol?!?!?! Spend life times working pointless jobs, persuing materialism, fame and short lived highs, record levels of stress, diseases and cancer, pollution, corruption, crime, murders.

Yeah, well chuffed so far mate, lol....

What a helluva outlook on life.
Product of clean living,religion and is it philosophy you study , i think i saw it on another thread or summit..

Last edited:
sometimes the best threads are the ones that go off topic!

as long as it doesn't get personal, let it ride! i don't believe in any of it - but i respect others for their convictions of belief and even admire it.

sometimes the best threads are the ones that go off topic!

Very true! :Clap:

I'm not really contributing to this thread any more. I've said my piece, and I don't think I'm ever going to change anyone's mind, but it's an interesting read.

People talk to Ghosts, they call them mediums, you all know about these people, you pay them a load of money and they talk to your dearest loved ones, who have departed this earth.Christ they even have TV programs about it now, Crossing over with some twit,
Now if the very same medium came out and said I spoke with God last night, the very same people who had paid him to talk to there departed loved one's would send the men in white coats to take him away, strange that!.
We have all heard the stories about the different types of ghosts, The headless ghost carrying it under his arm, maybe from the time of the guillotine,that could come back into fashion, with what going on in Iraqi, The white lady by the river, we all know that one, and what about the stately home and the rattling of chains.
People see dog and cat ghosts, but you never see a spiritual herd of cows walking down a country lane.
I don't believe in Ghosts or God but lots of people do and it harmless stuff, so let them carry on.

Last edited:
What a helluva outlook on life.
Product of clean living,religion and is it philosophy you study , i think i saw it on another thread or summit..

You can't take it out of context mate - this isn't my outlook on life. You can either burry your head in the sand and distract yourself with all the instant short lived highs in life like, beer, films, games yadda yadda, which you can spend a whole life time doing. Or, you can wake up and open your eyes and ask yourself what is it worth? What is really important? Asking yourself qestions like that will probably lead to even more questions, but asking questions like this will force you to face up to a lot of things, and dare say effect almost every aspect of your life - takes guts, people don't like change and you will be taking yourself out of the norm, people will judge you just like the science posse are judging the other half in this thread! You have to have thick skin and be a strong enough person to take it.

Now, I'm obviously no enlightened being, but I think enlightenment is the ultimate anyone can acheive in life and I personally strive to get closer to it every day.

One thing I have learned (and try to remember) is that you can't tell people about the things I have sort my self and learned and expect people to take it under their wing. For you, or anyone else to understand it you have to want to understand it and activly seek it out for yourself or the senitiments carry absolutly no value.

You can't expect me to explain 10 years of a way of life to, no offence, really, your average working class hero with stuborn, deep rooted opinions which won't move for anyone.. on a web forum - it isn't going to happen, you're not going to understand. The best thing you can do is accept that and let it go instead of trying to box it off and put a label on it. Like Rich and probably others, are totally confussed about where I'm coming from. But that isn't my problem, that's their problem for holding onto the stereotypes and ignorance on the subject they do. Don't burden it on me.

I get the impression that the science part of this argument thinks they have the upper hand, that says more about the scientific side of the argument than anything else. The spiritual side of the argument would say go ahead, if you feel like you need to tally this as a win, then knock yourself out - it's just another short lived small high. Days later the same people will be looking for another debate they can claim a victory to to make them feel whole again.

If David wants to close the thread then he has every right because it has now gone into religion, and debates like this have gone very wrong in the past, and were even banned from being discussed. And again, with the constructive comments like those from BigBadMan and v14 it could have decended long ago, but it's been pretty civil all in all.

If David closes the post then it won't look badly him because there is now nowhere else the argument can go, not becasue he is trying to chasdise the otherside of the argument. But again, if that is how you want to see it becasue it makes you feel like you have provoked a reaction that somehow makes a martar out of your argument... then go ahead, lol.

Anyway, I got invited to an anti war demo today, but sacked it off... desided to go to the pro peace rally instead :)

Last edited:
People talk to Ghosts, they call them mediums, you all know about these people, you pay them a load of money and they talk to you dearest loved ones, who have departed this earth.
i wish i had made a lot of money most of the time i was out of pocket
with traveling
how much petrol form liverpool to manchester??
£5
ok i got a pricely sum of £6

most of the so called mediums on tv are infact good mediums
but as i explained in another post
we cannot demand of spirit (ghosts dead ppl)
same as we cannot demand of ppl on earth
so to get proof on camera is hard
u have to understand the way a medium works
there a numorus ways to caomunic\te with spirtit

1 sentiance mediums ( they work with feelings)
2 visual mediums (they see spirit )
3 physical mediums (they can make spirit form can and have spiriut speak out so anybody can hear them)
then you have pychics they work a different way the dont talk,see,feel spirit
they work with vibrations off the person they are reading for
they only tell you what you allready know (who wants that?)
reading this thread
to me there are a few ppl who think this is all nonsence well that is ther right to say that
the same as ppl whop do believe they have the same right
now i have explaind the working of a medium
but i dont ask you to believe me
you do have a choice that is the way it should be

but all the atheists and non believers
i bet u this
on there death bed i bet they ask god for help

Back