dodgy ebay dbox seller

Some boxes need a little tender loving care to work 100%, I bet you've not done anything to the box apart from flash it and plaug it into the feed.

XSco-Wolf said:
I just got stung from a german supplier. Bought five Sagems and only 1 out of 5 worked (and even that 1, had a faulty infrared pickup - making the remote control hard to use). The other 4 all have faulty tuners !!! F****R !!! His advert does say that no channels are available (inferring a software update), and all are supposed to be "tested & working". His ad spouts "no warranty or return". I contacted him but he won't do nowt to help :-( Hmmm ... lets see how far I can stirr this up with eBay and PayPal then. Oh ... the dealers name Jan Hollatz ... so watch out if you do manage to get anything cheap from him.

I bought a silver sagem from this very bloke with the exact same problem. e-mailed him and had a few replies but no joy with returning it yet. The box also had the front completely smashed off when it arrived, whether this was in transit or not i do not know. Where should i go from here if he continues to give me the silent treatment or refuses to replace it?? Any help appreciated. I also recieved 3 sagem boxes from ebay seller "ralfjrgn" real name ralf baden and only one worked out of the 3!! Both faults due to problem tuners. Have been in touch and he has agreed to replace them but i'm dubious. Anyone had any dealings with this seller? I'll keep you posted.

witchy2k1 said:
Some boxes need a little tender loving care to work 100%, I bet you've not done anything to the box apart from flash it and plaug it into the feed.

TBH i thought that was all you hd to do but then i'm not that clued up. Could you enlighten me?

VTEC_ECK said:
<snip> Any help appreciated. I also recieved 3 sagem boxes from ebay seller "ralfjrgn" real name ralf baden and only one worked out of the 3!! Both faults due to problem tuners. Have been in touch and he has agreed to replace them but i'm dubious. Anyone had any dealings with this seller? I'll keep you posted.

I have used Ralf without any problems. I did get 1 for a friend from Ralf with any image except boxcracker 3.5 it says waiting for time but works 100% with boxcracker.

My friend didn't care 1 way or the other what image was on it. My friend can't scan but I have said they can have a copy of my bouquet/service files whenever they need an update.

Maybe worth trying Boxcracker maybe save on postage back to Ralf ?.

Have Fun

loady said:
send him a brick in the post without any stamp. or a paving slab even better

so how do you get the brick or paving slab into the postbox then?

noprobs

got 4 boxes of this gut working no probs what so ever,little slow delivery

just send some e:mails to people in the e:bays buy now list and check the feed back thats all u can do, from a car to a brick ? u take your chances

fishy123 said:
a mate bought a dbox off ( dapeno ) an ebay dbox seller with a dodgy tuner and it looks like others are having probs off him too see this post.

thought you should all be aware.
out of three bought one was dodgy for us but he isnt willing to replace.
bought a new tuner and fitted it to save the hassle but i shouldnt of needed to.
buy off him at your own risk
heres his member profile

h**p://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=dapeno&item=-1&frm=2624
i had the same problem knacked tuner took me ages to sort being a newby
i just got it repaired to save the hassle cost me £35 extra though.

Last edited by a moderator:
re dapeno

i have had 10 boxes from this guy so far
and all have worked perfik
may be just my luck

but ive just ordered another 4 from him
will keep this updated when they arrive

I have bought two boxes from this seller and they worked fine. and he is very cooperative if you be gentle with him. one of the remote control didnt worked and I emailed him to replace it and he offered me £10 back for it, so it depend
how you treat him. his feedback score is very good so you were the victim for that rare case.

but thanks for the information for others. much appreciated.

Cheers

iv bought boxes from this guy on three separate occasions , overall 12 boxes the last batch of four had one faulty tuner , iv not had a chance to sort it out but ill let yous know how i get on..

Dapeno

Have had 6 boxes from this guy in 3 shipments.
all have worked perfectly after imaging and all were delivered in 3 days.
great service as far as im concerned.
I think any dodgy tuners etc must be genuine mistakes

sanaar said:
Have had 6 boxes from this guy in 3 shipments.
all have worked perfectly after imaging and all were delivered in 3 days.
great service as far as im concerned.
I think any dodgy tuners etc must be genuine mistakes
true say. i had 2 boxes from him. worked perfect.

ive had a few boxes of this guy now, but one of three from the last batch was faulty, i think it was the tuner. It took me ages for him to agree that he would accept it back and test, posted it last week, he says it will take 4 weeks to test! will let you know when i find anything out.....

I bought one dbox2 from Dapeno no probs with box, Just the delivery fedx sent it back to Germany cause no one was home when it came. He resent it no prob i had it in 3 days. He answered all my emails promt, so i can't complain You've got expect the odd faulty box. When they installed my digital the engineer tried 4 boxes before he got one to work.:Cheers:

gotta agree ive had 5 of him 2 for me 3 for family, all but one was ok sent it back got a replacement . took a month to get the replacement back tho.

I've bought off this guy twice....First time I bought 4 dbox's I paid a bit more for the no lcd error box's and they all worked fine.

Next batch I went for the cheaper option (striped displays) and 1 out of 4 was faulty...I think it has a bad tuner...

Overall this guy didnt seem to bad his delivery speed is second to none.....a shame he's taking advantage of the cheap skates (like me)

The problem with these boxes is that they have not so good signal receptors so you cant pick up channels properly....Though I have managed to get most of the channels but some are still blank and very glitchy.

So whats the plan peeps..?Anybody sellin any cheap dbox tuners?

Last edited:
moe said:
ive had a few boxes of this guy now, but one of three from the last batch was faulty, i think it was the tuner. It took me ages for him to agree that he would accept it back and test, posted it last week, he says it will take 4 weeks to test! will let you know when i find anything out.....

just to update....got a replacement box today, and all is fine!

Thanks dapeno

:banana: :BLOBBY: :banana: :BLOBBY:

hi,
bought mine of dbox2service! works perfect :Clap:, e-mailed a few peeps who bought of him and asked how there box was and decided to try, glad i did.

Sean

Back