dodgy ebay dbox seller

fishy123

Inactive User
Reaction score
a mate bought a dbox off ( dapeno ) an ebay dbox seller with a dodgy tuner and it looks like others are having probs off him too see this post.

thought you should all be aware.
out of three bought one was dodgy for us but he isnt willing to replace.
bought a new tuner and fitted it to save the hassle but i shouldnt of needed to.
buy off him at your own risk
heres his member profile

h**p://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=dapeno&item=-1&frm=2624

Last edited by a moderator:
it drives you mad when people dont live up to there end of the bargain like that

loady said:
send him a brick in the post without any stamp. or a paving slab even better

quote nice one, i work for Royal Mail and that works everytime. LOL! make sure u wrap it properly ! hehehehe :ASSFLASH:

I just got a dbox from this guy about 2 weeks ago, i must be one of the lucky ones as it is working fine (fingers crossed) and has been since i got it

nice one i like that idea :)
i know it hurts as thats another one ive been stung with on ebay, not a brick though thank god only a dvd lol.

I just got stung from a german supplier. Bought five Sagems and only 1 out of 5 worked (and even that 1, had a faulty infrared pickup - making the remote control hard to use). The other 4 all have faulty tuners !!! F****R !!! His advert does say that no channels are available (inferring a software update), and all are supposed to be "tested & working". His ad spouts "no warranty or return". I contacted him but he won't do nowt to help :-( Hmmm ... lets see how far I can stirr this up with eBay and PayPal then. Oh ... the dealers name Jan Hollatz ... so watch out if you do manage to get anything cheap from him.

Dapeno aka Daniel Knocke :Angryfire ahhh memories here is my experience with him, here is another thread where he is mentioned.
I got my own back through the use of a few accounts i had (hopefully causing him a headache), i have his address if anyone wants to send him a package (which i will do!).

A quick followup to my previous post ...

The dealer emailed me (using a different address from his ebay one), saying basically "so what" "no warranty or return" as specified on ebay ad.
Then he mailed me again asking why I complained to paypal lol

I basically ignored him, and within a couple of hours paypal notified me that the complaint had been upheld ... and I got a full refund. YEEEEEHAAAA
: party :

Anyone want to buy some dodgy dodgy boxes lol (I only kidding)

Oh, and I'll be watching ebay to see if he rewords his future ads ...

Before I read this I have gone and bought 5 Sagem off him on EBAY....Got a bad feeling about this!!!

Will let you know how I got on!

Fingers Crossed!

Joe!

Gud luk joe, in there anyway u can stop payment :(

The first warning sign I noticed was ... He didnt post any feedback about my immediate payment. Not really a good sign if he a reputable dealer. :mad:
but I checked his feedback and all seemed ok.

Now if you check his feedback u will see several people complaining about his dodgy business.

Now the only reason I can see for this happening is, that if you win the bids at a cheap price he sends out crap, but if you win and a high price he sends out good boxes.

I feel for you mate ... I hope everything turns out ok for you.
As long as you have one good box to compare with what he sends to you, then at least you will know whats working and whats not.

Please let everyone know how you get on.

Oh and he wants his crap boxes back. I guess to pass onto some other less clued up individuals. !!! He's a complete : asshole

-------------------------------------------

Quick Update: His newest advert no longer has the "No Warranty or Returns" clause in it. Guess the email is mightier than the sword after all :lsabre:

Well ...The Boxes arrives today...there was 6 instead of 5 as well....only 5 remotes though...

All had german images on them ....bloody hard to go thro menus but i done it...

First one flashed...bloddy kein system (flashed 2 X instead of 1X)

So I proceeded to the next 4 boxes as they were all for friends and family....all worked!! I was shitting myself!!

So I dunno if the member who got 5 faulty ones was unlucky...but 5 worked and havent tried the sixth one yet...so maybe a bonus for me!!

Joe!

Lucky U !!! Now I'm even more pi$$ed off (WHY ME !!!) :CRYBABY: lol

No, I'm over my rantings now. :Angryfire: I was more annoyed that he wouldn't exchange them, than I was about the boxes not working (I would have got them sorted one way or another).
Anyhoo, his package is sitting here, ready to get posted back to him.

Can I ask, did U pay over the 300 quid mark, for the boxes?

If U have a spare box for sale, keep me in mind :licka:

Just too let u all know that tube Dapeno (aka Daniel Knocke) has duped yet another. Ive just got back from my m8ts grandpa's house where my m8 had bought a dbox for his grandpa (£110). Ive been up at his house connecting it up last night making sure his wiring was all square and putting image and services in box and could get a picture but only sometimes. been back up tonight with my own box and working pefect so looks like that dick has sold another dodgy box. STAY WELL CLEAR FROM HIM

Back