currys. grrrrrrrrrr

ukbob

VIP Old Codger
VIP Member
Reaction score
Reserved an home cinema system online.... only 1 left to collect at local store...

went to afore mentioned store... they took my money at the reserve and collect point (debit card)..

left me waiting for someone to fetch it...

after 45mins of watching customers come and go I went to collection point to chase it up..

"Theres none in stock" said the same woman who took my money....

No answer as to why they took my money and let me reserve it in the first place...

Refund could take between 3 and 10 days to appear back in my bank....

No santa this year for me lol

that is shocking!!

you want to complain like mad.....

i would have got manager to upgrade my to another system mate
said it was a chrimbo pressy and you needed item or on the spot refund
i bet you would a got a better system out them

Reserved an home cinema system online.... only 1 left to collect at local store...

went to afore mentioned store... they took my money at the reserve and collect point (debit card)..

left me waiting for someone to fetch it...

after 45mins of watching customers come and go I went to collection point to chase it up..

"Theres none in stock" said the same woman who took my money....

No answer as to why they took my money and let me reserve it in the first place...

Refund could take between 3 and 10 days to appear back in my bank....

No santa this year for me lol

Thank you for publishing this, and bringing it to everyone's attention just what a dodgy bunch Currys are. Firstly it is simply wrong for them to have taken your money prior to delivery, but to refuse you an instant refund when the fault is clearly theirs is tantamount to fraud. Personally, I would go straight back to the store and make a LOT of noise. At very least this will attract the attention of a manager. If it goes as well for you as it did for me (and I am generally the quiet type) you may get offered a much better deal. If you don't at least come away with a refund, call the police. Don't just threaten to, DO IT! It is the type of publicity they need.
Needless to say I have never bought anything from them since (and mine happened almost 14 years ago!) and neither have many of my friends.
Out of interest, which store was it? Do let us know how you get on.

what if it was for an xmass present.

for all they know that could be the only money you have, therefore leaving you without means to buy an alternative product...

get yerself back down there..

i wouldnt put up with that...

This mob are shocking,i had been sent from one store in Glasgow to another regarding a cooker last week,they had one in stock but when i got there they couldn't find it,and it wasn't on display so he was ready to send me to another store miles away which showed they had one in stock,i told this guy i have already been to 2 stores that showed 1 in stock as well as every other store in Glasgow showing they had one,so i asked if he could phone this other store to make sure it was there for me when i got there,but this plonker then decided to tell me there was no point in him phoning the other store or any other store in Glasgow that showed as having one, because he knew for a fact they don't answer there phones at this time of year as they are so busy and i would be better just to travel and try myself.After that i gave the guy a piece of my mind and thanked him for the customer service i received and went somewhere else with my business.

That is really rotten. You should kick up a stink. Email the head of the company etc. Totally unacceptable.

For once I can't disagree with a single reply - kick up shit M8, demand the money back YESTERDAY!

Thanks chaps,

when they refunded money back through my debit card i naively thought it'd be back in bank the same/next day.
It was a long overdue present for me and the missus...
I'm not a complainer... some people are good at it,unfortunately i'm not one of them...
cheers for the replies chaps... i wish you were all with me today hehe

Maybe someone who is good at this kind of thing can put a letter/email together for you to send to head office
imo head office should know about this as its totally wrong

I urge everyone with a facebook account to post this story on it
Shocking :(

I urge everyone with a facebook account to post this story on it
Shocking :(

Currys PC World - you should be ashamed of yourselves! When someone reserves something online they should reasonably expect to collect it. It's bad enough that they can't do that but to actually TAKE THEIR MONEY and then tell them it's out of stock and they won't get a refund for 3-10 days isn't just poor customer service it's FRAUD, end of. People, if this doesn't get resolved in the next 24 hours I would be buying elsewhere!

Done M8 :)

should have just sat yourself down mate

told them you aint did anything wrong was their doing & you aint leaving till you

get what you paid for

no need to do it quietly either

no surprise from that lot

should have just sat yourself down mate

told them you aint did anything wrong was their doing & you aint leaving till you

get what you paid for

no need to do it quietly either

no surprise from that lot

Learn some SEO, post this on FB!

Currys PC World - you should be ashamed of yourselves! When someone reserves something online they should reasonably expect to collect it. It's bad enough that they can't do that but to actually TAKE THEIR MONEY and then tell them it's out of stock and they won't get a refund for 3-10 days isn't just poor customer service it's FRAUD, end of. People, if this doesn't get resolved in the next 24 hours I would be buying elsewhere!

I wont shop in currys now either, a few years back we purchased a 50inch tv in there, they took payment, we left no problem until i started getting letters from the bank, fuel, mortgage company and had virgin switched off. It worked out they had taken double payment, nearly 2.4k taken from my account taking us way in the red.
When i took it up with currys they were very non plus about the affair, they really didnt give a monkeys and said it would be sorted within 30 days. I ended up with around 300 in bank charges, 30pound charge on my mortgage, unable to eat as it actually took them about 25 days to rectifie the problem. Not to add the black mark on my credit file because of thier cock up.
I made if official and put a complaint to the oft and they done the usual and ignored it.
My bank in the end waived the fees as i protested the transaction, virgin were the worst and upheld the 10pound charge then took 5 days to reinstate but only when the bill had been payed (off for 30 days in total - not bad for a customer of nearly 18 years), mortgage and everything else was ok in the end and waived.
this all happened over the christmas period for us as well, at the time we were ling hand to mouth and had spent some months saving for the tv.
I was very sad to see comet go under, now we just use currys to see stuff in the flesh before ordering of amazon or likes.

I would of demanded it was got from another store and del to my house.

I asked them to do that... they said "they can't",no reason why,they just can't?

That is really rotten. You should kick up a stink. Email the head of the company etc. Totally unacceptable.

I rung them this morning to complain, they say that what possibly happened was... between me reserving and getting to the store to collect it...someone else must have bought it...

I asked why take my money at the counter before checking its still in stock..
And whats the point of a reserving scheme if they don't hold on to it for you.
I actually told him Currys are rubbish... at this point the connection was lost lol

Sebastian James is Currys CEO. Customer service is on 0844 561 6263. Alternatively, you can email [email protected] - if you want a template letter let me know and I'll post one.

TBH, Sebastian seems to consider direct contact somewhat beneath him so Customer Service may be a better bet!

Back